Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 02:16:28 pm

VETERANS

Started by Hogs-n-Roses, May 26, 2019, 08:36:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs-n-Roses

Current,past, wives and families. Let me be the first to thank you for your service. Your sacrifice and willingness to go die for our freedom is amazing. We have the rights we have now because those who are buried around this country and in graves, some marked, some not, in France,Germany, Viet Nam,Africa and around the globe. Those in recent conflicts from Desert storm to enduring freedom to the bases we have over there right this moment are the reason we are eating cheeseburgers and chicken off the grill today. Hats off to you and your families. HOOORAH!

Hogmatic

Dear Veterans, Thank you for your sacrifice and time in the service so that we can have the Liberty we have.  The freedom of speech that a message board thrives upon is because of your service and for that I thank you too.

SardisHog

There is nothing wrong with thanking veterans at any time, but this is Memorial day. A special day to remember those who gave it all and fell in defense of our country. I send my thanks to all the family members who never got the chance to see their loved ones again.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

hawg1221

Yes, you have good intentions. But Veterans Day is in November. This weekend is to honor the military guys that never came back.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hawg1221 on May 27, 2019, 08:49:57 am
Yes, you have good intentions. But Veterans Day is in November. This weekend is to honor the military guys that never came back.
I understand that. Hope I covered it in the post above. current vs passed on. I can't mince words on this subject. The Vets past and present don't receive enough accolades in my opinion.

Hawgphat

I am a Vietnam Veteran (1966-67).  Contrary to the apparent sentiments of some HV members, I am still very much alive at age 73.

I proudly salute ALL U.S. military veterans - both deceased and living - , regardless of era or branch of service.

Kevin

Thank you to all that served. today, especially those that gave their lives for this country.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

26.2Hog

Rockinghog

This is a day of remembrance for all those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we have freedom. This includes all those from present conflicts back to the Revolutionary War  in 1776. This is a day to remember, not have special auto and mattress sales. 

hoglady

Remembrance for all who lost their lives in service to this country.

For me - a special remembrance for Donovan "Bull" Briley of NLR - (160th Special Operations Regiment) who lost his life in the Battle of Mogadishu at the age of 33.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

goodguytex

My heartfelt thanks to all of those who have lost loved ones who served our country, and paid such a high price.

My own cousin, Sergent Kyle Brandon Stout and Captain Travis Ford who gave their lives in our most recent wars. On this day we remember all who have served our country and sacrificed.

seasonhog

Navy Seal, ADAM BROWN, A native of Hot Springs a true hero...

Kill in action , March 17, 2010, Afghanistan

Read " Fearless " by Eric Blehm, it will make your day...

His life story maybe made into a movie and should be.

Adam was a true Hog Fan...

kodiakisland

May 27, 2019, 06:12:17 pm #12 Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 07:52:07 pm by kodiakisland
Just an FYI from a 25yr veteran who comes from a huge family of veterans.  Most veterans don't want to be thanked on Memorial Day, but thanking them on Veterans Day is great.  This day is not about the living, but the dead.  I get that people are thankful, but for those who were there and remember their brother or sisters sacrifice, it's not a day of celebration or thanks.

I hope this doesn't sound mean spirited, as I don't intend it to be.  It's just that this day is about those who are no longer here and the ultimate sacrifice they made.  Also their families and what they have sacrificed and the pain they are still dealing with.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Ironhawg

Quote from: seasonhog on May 27, 2019, 05:47:52 pm

I bought and read Fearless years ago.  When a young friend of mine was in Iraq I sent that book to him.  When he finished it he passed it on to other guys in his outfit.  Very inspirational.

vandybuff

Thank you brave men and women who allow so many generations of our children 'all' they have.  Thank you for the 'pride and honor' I continue to feel for my tiny slice of service. 

But of greatest importance is may our most humble prayers be for these young men and women and their families who lost their life while stepping up to defend the freedom of millions who will never know them.

God bless you all.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Pork Twain

Memorial day is for those that gave their lives in the service of our country.  I hate being thanked on this day, because I think it takes away from those that did not come home.

The day for those that "just" served, has a name and you used it as your title, VETERAN'S Day
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogsfan31

Quote from: seasonhog on May 27, 2019, 05:47:52 pm

Great read. I highly recommend it.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 28, 2019, 12:51:38 pm
Memorial day is for those that gave their lives in the service of our country.  I hate being thanked on this day, because I think it takes away from those that did not come home.

The day for those that "just" served, has a name and you used it as your title, VETERAN'S Day
I apologize if I offended you or any other Veterans with my post name.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 28, 2019, 06:05:16 pm
I apologize if I offended you or any other Veterans with my post name.
Oh I don't think any of us are offended, it is just important to keep this day reserved for those that were not lucky enough to come home to their loved ones.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 28, 2019, 09:22:28 pm
Oh I don’t think any of us are offended, it is just important to keep this day reserved for those that were not lucky enough to come home to their loved ones.
I promise you I do and know. I had just plugged "In Harms Way" and decided to get the Memorial tribute started. Which is what our family has always done. We pray for it together and eat those cheeseburgers I mentioned with those thoughts in mind. it's what my father did and I'm now getting the privilege of sharing it with my grandkids.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 29, 2019, 06:07:35 pm
I promise you I do and know. I had just plugged "In Harms Way" and decided to get the Memorial tribute started. Which is what our family has always done. We pray for it together and eat those cheeseburgers I mentioned with those thoughts in mind. it's what my father did and I'm now getting the privilege of sharing it with my grandkids.

My mother-in-law bugs the shirt out of me every year at this time when she posts a remembrance of her brother and dad. Both served and later died, long after their service ended.  I try to tell her that they got to come home and die of old age with their families and that is what Veteran's day celebrates, but Memorial day is all about those that never came home.  Now I think she just does it to annoy me and I likely saw your post shortly after reading her annoying post.