Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Arkansas Raiders???

Started by snoot hoggy hog, January 01, 2018, 10:48:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

When Espn announced that the Raiders was going to hire Gruden, I thought that the Hogs had changed mascots. Imagine my disappointment when I found out that they were talking about the L.A./Oakland Raiders.

#redtiemafia

NuttinItUp

Raiders must be opening the checkbook up. I think he was making some good money (for much less work) doing analysis on TV.

hawkhawg

He is working his way up to the Arkansas Job.

PigDaddyKane

Allegedly he makes over 6 million a year at ESPN. I'd stay in the booth.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

26.2Hog

ESPN has been cutting costs and have let a lot of folks go.  Wonder if they're also cutting the salaries of Gruber and others they kept. 

nwahogs

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 01, 2018, 10:55:05 am
Raiders must be opening the checkbook up. I think he was making some good money (for much less work) doing analysis on TV.

Getting ownership stake

TexArkHogFan

Didn't hurt none when they offered him part ownership of the team.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hogbud

When your employer starts massive downsizing's ...you fire up the resume...no one is safe

LRRandy

What game  did he call last? Was he wearing a silver and black tie? If not then he isn't going there.
This is fun, isn't it.

atekido

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on January 01, 2018, 10:58:11 am

You must not keep up with the bad shape ESPN in is.  From the top down they are all taking pay cuts. Disney is a sinking ship and its taking ESPN with it.  he would be smart to leave

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 01, 2018, 10:57:36 am
He is working his way up to the Arkansas Job.
He's got a long way to go, then.

hawkhawg

Quote from: atekido on January 01, 2018, 12:37:06 pm
You must not keep up with the bad shape ESPN in is.  From the top down they are all taking pay cuts. Disney is a sinking ship and its taking ESPN with it.  he would be smart to leave

I think you have that backwards. ESPN is the sinking ship.  Disney dominates the Box office and with Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, and all the remakes of its classics it will continue to dominate for years. 

hawkhawg

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 01, 2018, 12:40:13 pm
He's got a long way to go, then.

You have to climb that ladder one step at a time.

Kneph13

January 01, 2018, 12:54:11 pm #13 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 01:59:17 pm by Kneph13
I think that ship has sailed, and the Raiders (like Arkansas) would be better served looking forward than backward.  That being said, the Raiders need to get rid of Carr, Crabtree, Cooper, and Lynch.  They aren't getting it done either.  Offense needs a retool.
There is no Political Correctness in war

alohawg

Quote from: Kneph13 on January 01, 2018, 12:54:11 pm
I think that ship has sailed, and the Raiders (like Arkansas) would be better served looking forward than backward.  That being said, the Raiders need to get rid of Carr, Crabtree, Cooper, and Lynch.  They are't getting it done either.  Offense needs a retool.

Carr needs to go, but for himself not the selfish jackasses around him. Cowboys would be a great fit.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rhames

This sounded funnier in your head.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on January 01, 2018, 10:58:11 am

But I read that ESPN is cutting personnel........
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: rhames on January 01, 2018, 01:47:27 pm
This sounded funnier in your head.

But not funnier than the "pink or stink" debacle that brought you here.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: alohawg on January 01, 2018, 12:56:55 pm
Carr needs to go, but for himself not the selfish jackasses around him. Cowboys would be a great fit.
[/quote

I have NFL Sunday ticket and watched all 16 games. Carr needs to show some leadership and quit trying to be everyone's buddy. He and his turnovers were part of the problem this year. Maybe the big contract was part of it, maybe not.

He does that under Gruden or goes off the field smirking after an INT, his face will get chewed off..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

rhames

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on January 01, 2018, 02:05:38 pm
But not funnier than the "pink or stink" debacle that brought you here.

Lol. Now that is funny
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Kneph13 on January 01, 2018, 12:54:11 pm
I think that ship has sailed, and the Raiders (like Arkansas) would be better served looking forward than backward.  That being said, the Raiders need to get rid of Carr, Crabtree, Cooper, and Lynch.  They aren't getting it done either.  Offense needs a retool.

Disagree. Offense needs a coordinator. Todd Downing was a disaster! Del Rio's undoing was firing Musgrave and promoting this dunce. Word is Crabtree is gone, that's why he was standing on the sidelines yesterday wearing a cap with no injury.

Franchise QBs are hard to find, the Raiders haven't had one since Gannon. Carr just needs to show leadership and quit trying to be everyone's buddy. Gruden will take care of that or Carr WILL be gone, not just yet.

Cooper needs some hard coaching on not dropping the ball every third time, it would be hard to get value for him after the season he had, but potentially he is a HOFer, would be tough to see that in another uniform.

Lynch is a loose cannon, but played well when given the ball, as long as it's not thrown to him. If he doesn't retire, he won't be around much longer anyway.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

BOAR_N2BWILD

Gruden is 54 that's too old for Arkansas Fans. His success was 10 years ago so he is totally irrelevant and washed up.
<sarcasm>
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

snoot hoggy hog