Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema-Media Day

Started by ricepig, August 09, 2015, 02:03:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Quote from: hammer66 on August 09, 2015, 10:35:47 pm
I had no idea what a salt tablet was when I was in HS. Graduated in 85. I can't believe we didn't have a player get seriously hurt in those days. If coaches did today what they did back then, they would get thrown in prison.

Air conditioning being more common and kids not playing outside as often contribute to not being acclimated to the heat like past generations. As technology advances, each generation gets softer than the next.  No matter the generation 11 lbs is scary
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

TebowHater

Quote from: lefty08 on August 10, 2015, 06:35:04 am
Air conditioning being more common and kids not playing outside as often contribute to not being acclimated to the heat like past generations. As technology advances, each generation gets softer than the next.  No matter the generation 11 lbs is scary

While you may have a point about heat, I would counter that due to that very same technology you speak of, today's generation is hitting harder, running faster, and are overall substantially harder than past generations. These guys work out significantly more than in the past, too. Hard to call that soft. As Mike Irwin posted a few days ago, "report day" means much less now even compared to the early 2000s as even just a few years ago the guys weren't here all summer. The game requires more of a freak than ever

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: ricepig on August 09, 2015, 07:53:32 pm
And two salt tablets to take with those three sips!

We were lucky to get a water break, most of the time we'd have to chomp on ice.  I remember after practice we'd have guys lined up at the bathroom sinks in the locker room.  You could strike a kitchen match off my tongue it was so dry.