Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fun Fact About UTEP

Started by HogWildBison2011, August 07, 2015, 06:59:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: fanofthehog on August 08, 2015, 12:04:33 am
I live in Albuquerque.  The food is outstanding, the views of the mountains are nice.  Having said that, living in Atkansas is much more desirable.

I agree, Atkansas is my next destination
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on August 07, 2015, 06:59:12 am
Apparently they have a TE thats around 6'9 290 lbs. He was a basketball player.

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cedrick_lang_961760.html

Article
http://www.elpasotimes.com/sports/ci_28597778/notebook-basketball-convert-lang-gets-off-nice-start

Here's another fun fact about UTEP. I don't know if it still happens due to the NCAA and their rules, but I have a buddy who played at UTEP years ago and he said that it used to be that every year, the players were measured for and given two pairs of Tony Lama's (courtesy of Tony Lama Boots). Nice perk.
Go Hogs Go!

pigture perfect

Now we know how Nolan gets his.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on August 07, 2015, 09:26:48 am
I've never seen the words resort and New Mexico in the same sentence
Taos is a resort town. Its awesome. New Mexico has amazing lakes, great whitewater, and yes ... Ski resorts.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

pigture perfect

The Silver City area is awesome. Ft. Baird is a history lovers dream.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GolfnHog

For those that are being a bit disparaging about New Mexico, your lack of travel is apparent. Lots of great mountains, lots of  amazing golf courses, the food is unbelievable  and if you're into any type of art, Santa Fe will have it. Taos and Red River are just a couple of great places to go for weekend getaways.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 07, 2015, 09:32:54 am
My thoughts exactly. I can't imagine there being any reason to purposely go to New Mexico.

If you're saying this tongue-in-cheek then disregard all of the following....but ever skied in Taos, NM?  Beautiful country.  Multi-million $ homes comparable to Jackson Hole, WY.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

bigbadhog

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 07, 2015, 09:41:40 am
my only worries I have ever had about being vanilla is I would rather do some new things (even though it gets them on tape) in an actual game against an inferior opponent rather then breaking them out against an SEC D.  Do you have to show EVERYTHING- of course not.  But it will only help getting some of the new wrinkles out in the first couple of games to see what works, or what needs to be worked on and even can get new wrinkles off the new wrinkles if that makes sense

just lining up and letting JWill and Collins take a pounding for a couple meaningless games does us no good

Exactly, we can't be good at run our offense if we don't run it before sec play.  NOT a popular opinion on HV though.  Running the same play for the first four games is all we need to do to win the games - this was the popular reply last year.  That may be true but it also helps us lose the next game...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

bigbadhog

Oh, and the people putting down New Mexico apparently haven't been there.  It is a beautiful state with many great destinations...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

husker71

some of you guys must know about Angel Fire resort and the Arkansas connection in the mid 80s.  Some real interesting things went on up there.  I met a young lady at the Comedy Store she was a waitress there and after a few weeks we started really talking and when I said I was from Arkansas she asked me if I knew x,y and z and then proceeded to tell me stories about them when she visited Angel Fire.

EastexHawg

twistitup

While in Sante Fe one time my dad took a picture of a lady he thought was asleep, she raised her head and demanded 25.00  -

we still laugh about it

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bigbadhog on August 08, 2015, 05:54:46 pm
Oh, and the people putting down New Mexico apparently haven't been there.  It is a beautiful state with many great destinations...

Portales isn't one of those places. Northern New Mexico and Ruidoso is a different story.

Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on August 08, 2015, 05:18:30 am
I agree, Atkansas is my next destination

Haha! That's located on the ArKANsis river I think.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 07, 2015, 10:18:02 pm
Roshern Amie and Anthony Burns.

Just a little bit after my time.  I graduated in December of 1975.

hogfan14

Former hog Kelvin Fisher plays for them too

twistitup

Quote from: hogfan14 on August 09, 2015, 03:28:36 pm
Former hog Kelvin Fisher plays for them too

New Mexico or UTEP?

twistitup

Elrod

I lived my last two years of high school in Las Cruces, NM, just 40 miles north of El Paso.  I loved the climate out there.  It's hard to believe no one has mentioned Carlsbed Caverns.  If one has never been inside the caverns you can't imagine  it's size and it's wonderful scenery.  Forty miles east of Cruces is White Sands National Monument.  I still wonder how those big dunes of white sand got put in one spot.

twistitup

Quote from: Elrod on August 10, 2015, 12:31:10 am
I lived my last two years of high school in Las Cruces, NM, just 40 miles north of El Paso.  I loved the climate out there.  It's hard to believe no one has mentioned Carlsbed Caverns.  If one has never been inside the caverns you can't imagine  it's size and it's wonderful scenery.  Forty miles east of Cruces is White Sands National Monument.  I still wonder how those big dunes of white sand got put in one spot.

The bats, let's not forget the bats