Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama C Ryan Kelly likes Arkansas chances in 2015

Started by scruf, August 06, 2015, 05:46:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

Other than your own team, which is the favorite to win the SEC? (30 responses)

Alabama C Ryan Kelly: "Arkansas. I think they're going to have a really good team this year. They're big, they're physical. I think they're recreating what Arkansas used to be -- a downhill running attack -- and their defense is really good, too."

Also, Arkansas was picked to finish 3rd in the SEC behind Alabama and Auburn by 42 SEC players surveyed at SEC Media Day.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25261728/sec-football-player-survey-favorites-concerns-fans-playoff

LRHawg

That was a really great article. Sadly, journalism like this stands out from the crowd of sensationalist, click-bait garbage that is the norm these days.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

redeye

This is interesting, since the players should know.  Also, they didn't pick Arkansas to finish 3rd, but rather gave Arkansas the 3rd most votes for finishing 1st.  That's more impressive to me and I'm surprised they have Georgia 6th and LSU 7th.

Kinda surprised that Bielema is so low on the list of other coaches they'd want to play for, but it's still interesting that he tied Malzahn.  How did Butch Jones finish in 3rd place?

scruf

Quote from: redeye on August 06, 2015, 10:53:55 pm
This is interesting, since the players should know.  Also, they didn't pick Arkansas to finish 3rd, but rather gave Arkansas the 3rd most votes for finishing 1st.
Great point.

bphi11ips

Learned more from that than anything I've read in a while.  College football players deserve respect for the sacrifices they make.  They're not all perfect people, but as a group they're toughened up for real life. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Calling All Hogs

This time last year did anyone imagine just a year later writers would be describing our defense as "really good"? WPS

Hog N Bama

I just want to hear Mr. Kelly telling the AL press "I told you so"  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HF#1

Auburn will be the SEC version of Clemson this season.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Wildhog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 07, 2015, 10:29:02 am
This time last year did anyone imagine just a year later writers would be describing our defense as "really good"? WPS

I would have settled for "not the worst defense ever."
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgzinbowlz

The players know what goes on between the lines. Picking us as high as we were indicates we're headed in the right direction.

Interesting that BA said he enjoyed the 2 a days with his teammates.

" GO HOGS "

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HF#1 on August 07, 2015, 07:31:25 pm
Auburn will be the SEC version of Clemson this season.

Auburn doesn't have the talent that Clemson has.

All that has to be looked at is Clemson's Wide Receiver Corps for this upcoming season.  Their WR Corps talent is scary.

scruf

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 07, 2015, 09:35:09 pm
Auburn doesn't have the talent that Clemson has.

You're right, Auburn has more. If Clemson played in the SEC we would mention them in the same breath as Tennessee in terms of current program prestige.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: scruf on August 08, 2015, 03:02:59 am
You're right, Auburn has more. If Clemson played in the SEC we would mention them in the same breath as Tennessee in terms of current program prestige.

The only position where Auburn has more talent than Clemson is the Running Back position.

Watson is better than Johnson.  Watson was the #1 ranked Dual-Threat QB in the nation coming out of High School.

Clemson has 1 5 Star Wide Receiver and 2 other WRs who probably should have been 5 Star ranked (those 2 are very high 4 Star).  The rest of their main WR Corps are all 4 Star.

Clemson's probable starting Offensive Left Tackle was the #2 ranked OT in the nation coming out of High School.

Clemson's probable starting Center was the #1 ranked Center in the nation coming out of High School.

Shaq Lawson is a better Defensive End than Carl Lawson.

Auburn doesn't have as good of a tackling Linebacker as Ben Boulware.

Auburn doesn't have as good of a Cornerback as Mackensie Alexander.

Auburn doesn't have as good of a Safety as Jayron Kearse.

WorfHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 08, 2015, 10:06:13 am
The only position where Auburn has more talent than Clemson is the Running Back position.

Watson is better than Johnson.  Watson was the #1 ranked Dual-Threat QB in the nation coming out of High School.

Clemson has 1 5 Star Wide Receiver and 2 other WRs who probably should have been 5 Star ranked (those 2 are very high 4 Star).  The rest of their main WR Corps are all 4 Star.

Clemson's probable starting Offensive Left Tackle was the #2 ranked OT in the nation coming out of High School.

Clemson's probable starting Center was the #1 ranked Center in the nation coming out of High School.

Shaq Lawson is a better Defensive End than Carl Lawson.

Auburn doesn't have as good of a tackling Linebacker as Ben Boulware.

Auburn doesn't have as good of a Cornerback as Mackensie Alexander.

Auburn doesn't have as good of a Safety as Jayron Kearse.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/index.jspa