Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will, Should & Could picks

Started by Cinco de Hogo, August 06, 2015, 03:57:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

August 06, 2015, 03:57:10 pm Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:56:05 pm by Cinco de Hogo
WILL WIN,
UTEP,
Toledo,
TTech,
UT Martin,

SHOULD WIN,
aTm,
Tennessee,
Ole Miss,
LSU,
MSU,
Missouri,

COULD WIN,
Alabama,
Auburn,

The way this works, percentage by chance,
WILL WIN, 100%
SHOULD WIN, Above 50%
COULD WIN, Below 50%

Then take the number of win/losses in each group and add it up for your prediction.

This year because I think we are in good shape to challenge every opponent, have good leadership, a 5th year senior QB, are solid on the lines, have depth in places we didn't even last year, I am going to be rather optimistic. The teams I put in the "should win" group show that. 

So,
We will win all the "will win" games(4-0).
We will win 2/3 of our "should win" games(8-2)
We will win 1/2 of our "could win" games(9-3)

9-3

So there you have it the Cinco Scientific Prediction Method.

Have a go at it, of course your grouping doesn't have to be the same as mine.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Killean

WILL WIN,
UTEP,
Toledo,
TTech,
UT Martin,
aTm,
MSU,

SHOULD WIN,

Auburn,
Tennessee,
Ole Miss,
Missouri,

COULD WIN,
Alabama,
LSU,

Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Cinco de Hogo

So Kill, what's your final preseason prediction?

RazorPiggie

August 07, 2015, 08:36:34 am #4 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:00:51 am by RazorPiggie
Will:
Utep
UT Martin
Toledo
TTU
MSU
Mizzou

Should:
Tenner
Ole Miss
aTm
Auburn (because its at home)

Could:
Bama
LSU

But I will be happy with 8-4 or 9-3 (that's my prediction by the way)

navyhog24

I'd put LSU in the should win. This team is not afraid of Death Valley.

MasterChiefHog

Hog -115 = Bet $115 to win $215 if the Hogs win 9 games
Hogs +5000 to win NCAA Champ. $100 = $5100
Hogs 10-1 to win SEC. $100 = $1100

Was on Bovada site last night. With Enos at O coord, -115 and 10-1 odds looks like a good bet for me. I've wasted more money on worse bets in my life so having skin in the game will probably cause me to have another heart attack but .....this season is going to be fun no doubt! GO Hogs!
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

GuvHog

Quote from: navyhog24 on August 07, 2015, 08:52:07 am
I'd put LSU in the should win. This team is not afraid of Death Valley.

Agreed. This LSU team is not any better than they were last season and losing their DC John Chavis will hurt them on defense.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Killean

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 07, 2015, 08:30:26 am
So Kill, what's your final preseason prediction?

10-2 is my prediction.  I think LSU might be the surprise team this season.  They return a LOT of starters.  If they can get even below average play from the QB position they could win the SEC.  Obviously losing a coordinator might hurt.. but it also might help, things happen.  Right now I would say we're more likely to beat Alabama on the road than LSU.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

immahog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 07, 2015, 09:17:26 am
Agreed. This LSU team is not any better than they were last season and losing their DC John Chavis will hurt them on defense.

And They dnt have a QB
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

navyhog24

Quote from: Killean on August 07, 2015, 09:29:52 am
10-2 is my prediction.  I think LSU might be the surprise team this season.  They return a LOT of starters.  If they can get even below average play from the QB position they could win the SEC.  Obviously losing a coordinator might hurt.. but it also might help, things happen.  Right now I would say we're more likely to beat Alabama on the road than LSU.

Kevin Steele is a serious downgrade from Chavis. They have no QB, hurting for depth on the DL, and still have Les as the head coach. They're not going to surprise anyone.

The Kig

WILL WIN,
UTEP,
Toledo,
TTech,
UT Martin,
Ole Miss,
Miss St,
Missouri

SHOULD WIN,
aTm,
Tennessee,
LSU,

COULD WIN,
Alabama,
Auburn,

10-2
Poker Porker

YtownHog

WILL WIN,
UTEP,
Toledo,
TTech,
UT Martin,

SHOULD WIN,
Miss St.  W
Missouri,  w
aTm,  w
Tennessee,  w
LSU,  L

COULD WIN,
Alabama,  L
Auburn,  W
Ole Miss  L

9-3

Cinco de Hogo

In my should win group I picked three that I really believe we win(aTm, MSU, and UM) so that left three(UT, Ole Miss, LSU)  the most likely there would be UT but all three are on the road and Ole Miss and LSU have revenge on their mind.  If we go 1-2 in those games that is alright as long as we don't get beat really bad.

It wasn't easy deciding between Ole Miss, LSU and Auburn for the spot in the could win group beside Alabama.  Like some I looked hard at LSU and probably should have used them simply because Auburn is a home game.

I also could have just moved LSU up and said we went 1-2 in the could win group and 4-1 in the should win group.

Anyway I looked at it we still went 9-3.

razorbacker3

Will Win:
all non-conference

Should win:
All SEC games (any SEC team on our schedule, can beat any SEC team on any given week)

Could win:
The National Championship.

Been waiting for this since I was 10..(1964) I just got a really good feeling about this team.
This team is going to be special.

15-0                  WOOO PIG SOOIE[/size]

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: razorbacker3 on August 07, 2015, 03:53:57 pm
Will Win:
all non-conference

Should win:
All SEC games (any SEC team on our schedule, can beat any SEC team on any given week)

Could win:
The National Championship.

Been waiting for this since I was 10..(1964) I just got a really good feeling about this team.
This team is going to be special.

15-0                  WOOO PIG SOOIE[/size]

I bet that works for everybody.

scruf

WILL win 8 games
SHOULD win 9 games
COULD win 10+ games