Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dominique Reed

Started by flipperpig, August 05, 2015, 10:27:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flipperpig

Broad Jumped 11-4 in summer testing.  That is all I have

trok24

really may be the difference in a good year and a great year...i.e. shaq williams of auburn . just not as big of a receiver . jmo

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LivingLegends

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 05, 2015, 10:54:01 am
Is that something?

I think so.  He can nearly jump from the 4 yard line, standing still, and score touchdowns. 

On a side note... That Michael McDonald ad is borderline erotic. 

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 05, 2015, 10:54:01 am
Is that something?
Around a standard deviation above the mean (~84th percentile) for elite athletes.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

flipperpig

Would have been No.1 several times at NFL combine.  Yes 11-4 is something.  Its actually amazing

Sir Oinksalot

Good OP, there probably will be an on going thread on him once the season starts, jmo of course, but he seems to be a late bloomer so hopefully he flys under the radar until it's too late for our opponents, love an Arkansas kid who comes back home...

really nice article in the paper --- Some facts and quotes :::

AGE 22 (Birthday: Aug. 1, 1993, A Leo) He has been assigned jersey No. 87. Ranked No. 25 among ESPN's junior college top 50 prospects and was its No. 6 junior college receiver. Rated as No. 4 junior college receiver by 247Sports. A four-star prospect according to ESPN, Reed was A two-star prospect at Camden Fairview. Posted a 49-foot triple jump in high school. ...

Bielema said the summer testing report on Reed, 6-3, 180, from strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert was impressive.

"Coach Herbert made the comment to me that we probably have on our hands one of the freakiest kids we've had," Bielema said. "He can run and jump and do all the intangible things that don't involve running routes and catching footballs. I think he broad jumped 11-4 and ran some times that would suggest sub 4.3 40s and stuff like that."

Reed, a Camden native who teamed with former Arkansas quarterback AJ Derby for a season at Coffeyville, made a quick splash on campus this summer.

"I knew he was going to be fast, but he's even faster than I anticipated," quarterback Brandon Allen said in July. "We were throwing a couple of go balls the other day and I was trying to put everything I had on it, and AJ told me in juco that he was impossible to outthrow, and I found that out."

"He has very exceptional speed," Hatcher said at SEC media days. "He's a guy who can stretch the field ... and I just feel like he's going to be another threat we can add to our offense."

Reed was a critical pickup for Arkansas' signing class, choosing the Razorbacks over offers from Auburn, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona State and many others.

"He has great hand-eye coordination and really catches the ball with his hands," former Arkansas quarterback Quinn Grovey said...

Rob Smith said he was glad he didn't have to play against him :
"Any time you get vertical stretch, especially on the perimeter, it kind of thins things out in the box," Smith said. "That can make it a nightmare."

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

LivingLegends

World record is 12' 2 1/16"

havok

An explosive first step... is what I gather from those numbers.   One mis-step by a defender on the line, and he is gonna get a good view of the word" "Reed" written on the back of a jersey pulling away from him..

bennyl08

Quote from: LivingLegends on August 05, 2015, 11:09:24 am
World record is 12' 2 1/16"

Wasn't that world record broken at this years combine? The LB/S/CB that the cowboys drafted hit 12'3".

In general, at the combine, over 10' is considered good. Approaching 11' is crazy good and over 12' is approaching world records.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

LivingLegends

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 05, 2015, 11:35:46 am
Wasn't that world record broken at this years combine? The LB/S/CB that the cowboys drafted hit 12'3".

In general, at the combine, over 10' is considered good. Approaching 11' is crazy good and over 12' is approaching world records.

You may be right... The article I was reading was an old one..

East TN HAWG

Here are the questions left on Reed as we enter fall practice: 1) Can he get off the line when someone is trying to punch him in the mouth?  2) Does he have Hunter Henry or Chris Baker type hands? 3) How quickly can he pick up the offense?

If he can get off the line and catch the ball, it would be really nice for the safety to respect the deep threat and not cheat to stop the run.  Just put him out there to run a fly every play and drag the S and CB with him every time.

MJ2

Appears to have all the tools but will need to be slowly incorporated into the offense.   May come out of the non conference looking good and suddenly become a small contributor during conference due to the focus the defenses will put on him.   Expect a lot of cheap shots headed his way from defenders.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: East TN HAWG on August 05, 2015, 11:59:58 am
Here are the questions left on Reed as we enter fall practice: 1) Can he get off the line when someone is trying to punch him in the mouth?  2) Does he have Hunter Henry or Chris Baker type hands? 3) How quickly can he pick up the offense?

If he can get off the line and catch the ball, it would be really nice for the safety to respect the deep threat and not cheat to stop the run.  Just put him out there to run a fly every play and drag the S and CB with him every time.
If he can do all three of the above on a consistent basis, he will take our offense to the next level!  Not just passing game, but running game also!

flipperpig

I think all he needs is to add about 7 to 10 pounds in the next couple of months and he will be good to go.  Hopefully he started adding some this summer

HogShat

Quote from: flipperpig on August 05, 2015, 01:50:38 pm
I think all he needs is to add about 7 to 10 pounds in the next couple of months and he will be good to go.  Hopefully he started adding some this summer

Can you imagine him at 205 and not losing a step?  8)

ChiTown27

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on August 05, 2015, 12:07:10 pm
If he can do all three of the above on a consistent basis, he will take our offense to the next level!  Not just passing game, but running game also!

Especially the running game. Our backs are good enough to pick up two or three more yards with a tiny bit of extra space created by a spread-out defense.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: ChiTown27 on August 05, 2015, 02:13:05 pm
Especially the running game. Our backs are good enough to pick up two or three more yards with a tiny bit of extra space created by a spread-out defense.
Correct.

Been10Hog

He could potentially become the best recruiting tool for other WRs we've ever had! If he has an awesome year and becomes a 1-2 round draft pick, we won't have any more trouble getting WRs!

Paul

Quote from: trok24 on August 05, 2015, 10:44:33 am
really may be the difference in a good year and a great year...i.e. shaq williams of auburn . just not as big of a receiver . jmo
you mean Duke Williams?

RME

Greg Childs pt. II? That's what I'm hoping for.

Großer Kriegschwein

I wanna see Keon, Stewart and Reed on the field at the same time.

That's a whole lot of natural talent to contain for a defense. But then you also have any combination of the Sprinkle, Henry, Gragg, O'Grady, Cantrell on the field too.

We all know about the running backs. If everything works as planned, there will way too many threats on the field at one time to stuff 8 in the box. I see this offense being wide open after game 3.

Now if we can just get JoJo on the field...............
This is my non-signature signature.

rwspear

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 05, 2015, 03:12:11 pm
Greg Childs pt. II? That's what I'm hoping for.

more like a faster cobi...

RME

Quote from: rwspear on August 05, 2015, 03:53:51 pm

Take your pick. Both of those guys were fun to watch.  If we can have a QB/WR duo like Mallett/Childs or Mallett/Cobi with Allen and Reed, watch out.

scruf

11'7" was the best broad jump for a WR at the 2015 NFL Combine. Reed's 11'4" leap would have been a close second.

Hoggish1

Quote from: MJ2 on August 05, 2015, 12:06:31 pm
  May come out of the non conference looking good and suddenly become a small contributor during conference due to the focus the defenses will put on him. 

If he gets attention from safeties tying to help corners, he will have become the threat we crave.

JaketheSnake

Is there another that can take his place if he needs a break? 

Mike Irwin

We'll get a look at him tomorrow. Our cameras will be all over him in the 20 minutes we are allowed to shoot.

choppedporkextrasauce

Every 4th catch by this young man is a touchdown.

Really it's more like every 3.8 catches but....

Get him the ball.

NLRHog92

Quote from: JaketheSnake on August 05, 2015, 05:24:28 pm
Is there another that can take his place if he needs a break?

Maybe Hawkins if he can put it all together this year, which there's been rumblings that he has started to.

hawgmasta

Good Lord that's a huge jump! Just proves not only is he fast just all around athletically gifted.

HoggusMaximus

how many years does DR have?

TXArcher

I'm looking forward to tomorrows camera footage, go HOGS.

lumphog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on August 05, 2015, 06:02:16 pm
Maybe Hawkins if he can put it all together this year, which there's been rumblings that he has started to.
OH MY..... "THAT" would be awesome. One on each side. We're going to Disney World!!!!

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 05, 2015, 05:40:49 pm
We'll get a look at him tomorrow. Our cameras will be all over him in the 20 minutes we are allowed to shoot.
Looking forward to your first impressions, sir. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

NLRHog92

Justagp

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 05, 2015, 05:40:49 pm
Thank you - looking forward to your input  :razorback:

colbs

At recruiting day in the Rock Bielema was most impressed with his hands.  Basically said he catches pretty much anything his way. 

Temprees

He's better than Child's and the Auburn receiver.  He will make an immediate impact.  He is really special. 

Temprees

Quote from: rwspear on August 05, 2015, 03:53:51 pm
he will be better than Cobi and Childs.

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: Temprees on August 06, 2015, 12:10:45 am

Based upon what? Let's see him play in a game first.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on August 05, 2015, 11:07:55 am

Good OP, there probably will be an on going thread on him once the season starts, jmo of course, but he seems to be a late bloomer so hopefully he flys under the radar until it's too late for our opponents, love an Arkansas kid who comes back home...

really nice article in the paper --- Some facts and quotes :::

AGE 22 (Birthday: Aug. 1, 1993, A Leo) He has been assigned jersey No. 87. Ranked No. 25 among ESPN's junior college top 50 prospects and was its No. 6 junior college receiver. Rated as No. 4 junior college receiver by 247Sports. A four-star prospect according to ESPN, Reed was A two-star prospect at Camden Fairview. Posted a 49-foot triple jump in high school. ...

Bielema said the summer testing report on Reed, 6-3, 180, from strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert was impressive.

"Coach Herbert made the comment to me that we probably have on our hands one of the freakiest kids we've had," Bielema said. "He can run and jump and do all the intangible things that don't involve running routes and catching footballs. I think he broad jumped 11-4 and ran some times that would suggest sub 4.3 40s and stuff like that."

Reed, a Camden native who teamed with former Arkansas quarterback AJ Derby for a season at Coffeyville, made a quick splash on campus this summer.

"I knew he was going to be fast, but he's even faster than I anticipated," quarterback Brandon Allen said in July. "We were throwing a couple of go balls the other day and I was trying to put everything I had on it, and AJ told me in juco that he was impossible to outthrow, and I found that out."

"He has very exceptional speed," Hatcher said at SEC media days. "He's a guy who can stretch the field ... and I just feel like he's going to be another threat we can add to our offense."

Reed was a critical pickup for Arkansas' signing class, choosing the Razorbacks over offers from Auburn, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona State and many others.

"He has great hand-eye coordination and really catches the ball with his hands," former Arkansas quarterback Quinn Grovey said...

Rob Smith said he was glad he didn't have to play against him :
"Any time you get vertical stretch, especially on the perimeter, it kind of thins things out in the box," Smith said. "That can make it a nightmare."

boing, boing, boig, boioioioioioioioioioioioing..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

navyhog24

The first one I am curious about, especially considering how light in the britches he is. I could see him getting jammed against SEC corners kinda easily. I agree, though, that they just need to put him on go or fly routes just about every play he's on the field. Play-action with him on the field will be fun to watch as well.

ICEman

Quote from: flipperpig on August 05, 2015, 10:27:59 am
Broad Jumped 11-4 in summer testing.  That is all I have
That would have been a world record jump (3.46 m) on September 2nd, 1904. ;) I think Cowboy's Byron Jones holds the current world record at 3.73 meters or 12' 2 3/4".
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

DeltaBoy

I want to see him on the Jet Sweep  and in a bubble screen . And we got to hide him and run the sweep with him like Joe Adams did against Auburn.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RME

Quote from: Temprees on August 06, 2015, 12:10:45 am

That's a pretty big assumption when the guy has yet to do anything and only has 2 years.  Still excited to see, nonetheless.  Hope you're right though! If he's better than both, then all should be fine.

Dugann

Just a super freak of athletic mojito mojo, a physical super mouse, a wrecking ball of softness, a speedster of ice, a super fly of pies ah hell.....  he is pretty damn good.  :razorback:

I am looking forward to him ruining some CB's Saturday.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Bigdavis

Chris Baker was considered an Athletic Superfreak too.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Bigdavis on August 06, 2015, 10:00:46 am
Chris Baker was considered an Athletic Superfreak too.

Yet when his pro day came he was actually running a mid 4.5 and no the 4.3 that some recruiting guys claimed