Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN Top 100 players countdown

Started by JackJohnson, August 03, 2015, 01:43:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

I figured Kirkland would be our highest. the only one who has a chance from here is AC. I think jwill is better but I figure the hype machine is higher around AC.

010HogFan

Both AC and JW should make this list. Rushing for 1k each on the same team against SEC defenses is no small feat.

razortaz

I think Henry is way to low he will have a big season

AugustaHog

I could see AC or JWill on this list, but I have a sneaking feeling that neither will make it.  I figure you will see D. Henry, Chubb, and Fournette for sure and that may be about it for the RBs in the SEC.  I will say this though, if one is on the list, the other should be right behind him.  They are so closely rated and the production is going to be ridiculously similar.  Both are outstanding backs and deserve all the pub they can get.  Here's to hoping ESPN has some sense!

JackJohnson

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 03, 2015, 02:26:26 pm
I could see AC or JWill on this list, but I have a sneaking feeling that neither will make it.  I figure you will see D. Henry, Chubb, and Fournette for sure and that may be about it for the RBs in the SEC.  I will say this though, if one is on the list, the other should be right behind him.  They are so closely rated and the production is going to be ridiculously similar.  Both are outstanding backs and deserve all the pub they can get.  Here's to hoping ESPN has some sense!

They both should/will be on there.  ESPN is also releasing a top 25 players in the SEC and have done 21-25 as well as receiving votes.  Henry, Kirkland, Collins and JWill were not in either of those lists.  With Henry and Kirkland in the top 100 overall you know they will be on there somewhere and I highly doubt that Jwill and Collins are not included in the top 25 SEC players which of course should put them somewhere in the top 100 as well.

RazorPiggie

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13297866/cfbrank-71-80-college-football-top-100-players-2015-season

Collins comes in at 71 and Williams at 75.

For some reason they have Hurd from Tenner ranked ahead of both AC and JW.

JackJohnson

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 04, 2015, 09:55:47 am
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13297866/cfbrank-71-80-college-football-top-100-players-2015-season

Collins comes in at 71 and Williams at 75.

For some reason they have Hurd from Tenner ranked ahead of both AC and JW.

even moreso since hurd was listed as an "other receiving votes" for the SEC Top 25

ThisTeetsTaken

Tretola will be ALL-SEC at season's end. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

AugustaHog

I don't get the Hurd love.  I watched him several times last season trying to figure out what the hype was all about and was left unimpressed by him.  He's a big boy, but he runs tall and doesn't finish his runs.  I'd take both of our guys over him and wouldn't bat an eye.  I'm sure if either of our guys were the feature back, they would be getting a little more love than what they are.  That's okay though because the NFL will still come a calling.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 04, 2015, 01:03:13 pm
I don't get the Hurd love.  I watched him several times last season trying to figure out what the hype was all about and was left unimpressed by him.  He's a big boy, but he runs tall and doesn't finish his runs.  I'd take both of our guys over him and wouldn't bat an eye.  I'm sure if either of our guys were the feature back, they would be getting a little more love than what they are.  That's okay though because the NFL will still come a calling.

Hurd is a big back and can catch the ball out of the backfield  He does not have Jwill's speed or AC elusiveness, but he is the only back they have.  Our three backs will split carriers while Hurd is their primary back.  I look for Hurd to get the ball 25-30 times per game while Jwill and AC should be significantly under that.  If one of our backs is hot, then there may be a game or two when they get Hurd type numbers.  At the end of the year, baring injury, I suspect Hurd will have more total yards and TDs, but less yards per carry than our backs. 

Paul

Hurd should not be higher than our two studs.  He'll have his hands full this year staying ahead of Alvin Kamara on his own roster

JackJohnson

Hogs finished tied for 6th in the country with 4 of the top 100 players in the country.  best news is that the SEC leaders Bama and Ole Miss only had 5.  LSU and Tenn also had 4.  In other words- we have just as good a shot to win the SEC as any other team

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/104506/cfbrank-by-the-numbers-ohio-state-leads-the-way

WooPig90

King

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 07, 2015, 11:20:11 am
#7 is too high for Fournette IMO

I agree. He has been overrated, or at the very least, will have trouble succeeding under Les Miles.

alohawg

I think they like his name.......or something.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

GoHogs1091

I agree.  It is totally perplexing to have Fournette that high.