Alex 'Catfish' Collins

Started by twistitup, August 03, 2015, 12:25:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has more rushing yards this year?

ACC
Jwill
other

twistitup

I have a feeling this will be a HUGE year for him. After hearing so much about Jwill and his own lack of big time production in a few big games last year - I have a feeling he will come out this year with a big chip on his shoulder. i bet he is wanting to prove he can produce big numbers against some top SEC competition.

Who do you predict has more yards this year....ACC or Jwill?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RazorPiggie

gmarv

I,m going with ac by 10 yrds.

Wright43

They're both incredible talents, but JWill is the more complete back, and a senior. He will get most of the big time situation carries. But I think both will be over 1000 yards again, and AC's numbers won't be far behind JWill's

threeNout

rushing yards Jwill
total yards AC
total TDs  AC

OneTuskOverTheLine™

DGAF..!  Sorry "rude Tusk" is coming out. I need a practice report...

Holy Schnike..!

Chet is going all Kerouac on our ass this year..! No Practice Reports..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cinco de Hogo

I voted for other.

WillCo will have more yardage than both of them put together...wait!

pigture perfect

I am guessing that JWill will have more yards, and Budda will have more yards per carry. It's going to be a great 1-2 punch.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

AugustaHog

If AC takes care of the ball and develops more of a down-hill mindset, the sky will be the limit.  He is so shifty that he sometimes tries one or two moves more than he should and gets himself taken down behind the line.  If he gets north-south and then makes his move, watch out.  I think our OL will be better this year as well which will help both of them.

Huds_HawgTide

Collins more yards but the tds go to the sr...forcing alex to push harder to hit the homeruns
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PorkSoda

they are both going to get a lot of yards. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

War Boar

I think it will be J Will.  Both are incredibly talented backs. I think it will be very close, just like last year.  Either way I'm comfortable with either one carrying the ball.

nchogg

I voted AC and ball security will not be an issue with the RB coach. JW is so strong with the way he would carry the defense 3 to 4 yards after contact. It's a toss up. I answered and there is a 50/50 chance I will be right.

RzRbAcK18

AC will have more yards due to his speed and JWill gets more TD due to being a straight boss in the red zone.

thirrdegreetusker

I think it will be close, but JWill is gonna hit more home runs, and end up with more total yards.

Theolesnort

Just hope neither gets hurt and plays the whole schedule and let the best man win and it will take care of itself as to who has more.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on August 03, 2015, 12:25:55 pm
I have a feeling this will be a HUGE year for him. After hearing so much about Jwill and his own lack of big time production in a few big games last year - I have a feeling he will come out this year with a big chip on his shoulder. i bet he is wanting to prove he can produce big numbers against some top SEC competition.

Who do you predict has more yards this year....ACC or Jwill?

I know that we as fans always gravitate towards these pre-season prognostications that are based not only what we think we might see and feel we can extrapolate from last years numbers, but at least to some degree we do it out of personal bias for which player we hope to see have more success. Hey, that's fine, we all have our favorites. But the one thing that comforts me the most for this team is that neither of these kids, nor Kody Walker, are selfish and they support each other entirely. Sure they want to get their yards, but they are always pulling for and "pushing" the "other guy" to get his.

We have two very special RB's here and a third who may gain more carries and yards than we expect. They will all be pulling for each other and I like that a lot. They are competitive, but they are also team mates, and mature young men. This unselfishness bodes well for our entire team. It is a great example...team first.
Go Hogs Go!

Justagp

Both of these guys are so incredible, but this is J Will's Sr. Year - I see him shining.

DoctorSusscrofa

I voted for JWill, but I think this will be a different year than the past two.  I think they'll both have more pass receiving yards than rushing yards due to the ability of our line to execute screens.  ;D
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

NuttinItUp

QuoteAlex 'Catfish' Collins

So, does he get catfished, or does he catfish other people on the internet?

PorkSoda

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 04, 2015, 01:53:30 pm
So, does he get catfished, or does he catfish other people on the internet?
maybe he likes catfish?

I am curious about the nickname as well.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Rzbakfromwaybak

I don't care who gets the most yards. I just hope that it goes about the same as last year, with both of them producing very well.   If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 04, 2015, 01:58:14 pm
maybe he likes catfish?

I am curious about the nickname as well.

He worked at the Catfish Hole this summer.

GuvHog

I picked J Will but it will be very close because both will play a lot.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SultanofSwine

1 hog n eldo

Quote from: Theolesnort on August 03, 2015, 04:21:22 pm
Just hope neither gets hurt and plays the whole schedule and let the best man win and it will take care of itself as to who has more.
Exactly. The ideal situation would be split the carries between AC and Jwill and throw Cody Walker in the mix to keep them fresh all season.

TexomaRazorback

JWill has more experience so he will outshine.

Noonan

Considering JWill's amazing leg strength, maybe we could put AC on his back, drop him off at the first tackle, then AC keeps going.  Give em both credit for all yards gained.   

rickm1976

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 03, 2015, 02:28:42 pm
If AC takes care of the ball and develops more of a down-hill mindset, the sky will be the limit.  He is so shifty that he sometimes tries one or two moves more than he should and gets himself taken down behind the line.  If he gets north-south and then makes his move, watch out.  I think our OL will be better this year as well which will help both of them.

I think AC hadn't completely adjusted to the speed of would be tacklers (especially DL and  LB's) at the college level, thus his getting caught for a loss trying to make an extra move on someone.  Look for him to have his best year so far, and show everyone that he has plenty of straight ahead power.  Either of them would be the #1 RB on just about every other team in the country, and we're so blessed to have both of them.  I think it's a toss-up which one ends up with the most yards at the end of this year.

tennhawg

The one who has the fewest injuries or dings will win this battle.

DeltaBoy

Another 1000 yard season for the pair and The 3rd back will have 600-800 .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2015, 04:38:40 pm
I know that we as fans always gravitate towards these pre-season prognostications that are based not only what we think we might see and feel we can extrapolate from last years numbers, but at least to some degree we do it out of personal bias for which player we hope to see have more success. Hey, that's fine, we all have our favorites. But the one thing that comforts me the most for this team is that neither of these kids, nor Kody Walker, are selfish and they support each other entirely. Sure they want to get their yards, but they are always pulling for and "pushing" the "other guy" to get his.

We have two very special RB's here and a third who may gain more carries and yards than we expect. They will all be pulling for each other and I like that a lot. They are competitive, but they are also team mates, and mature young men. This unselfishness bodes well for our entire team. It is a great example...team first.

...I'll add that Collins has dropped some weight.  Could mean he hits a better hole, faster... 

redeye

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2015, 04:38:40 pm

It's not bias for me at all.  I like them all very much.  Jwill stayed firmly committed to Arkansas through so many troubled times and even kept a positive attitude through it all.  I'll never forget Collins going on TV before NSD and saying he would sign with Arkansas, despite all the pressure he was receiving to stay home.  Walker has also stuck around throughout the hard times.

I'm proud of them all in how they carry themselves and represent the University of Arkansas.  Jwill should receive more carries then Collins this year, because he's a senior and it's his time to shine for next year's draft.  I'm sure Walker will receive a good share of carries as well.

AugustaHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 06, 2015, 08:47:31 am
Another 1000 yard season for the pair and The 3rd back will have 600-800 .
I like what you are predicting here.  I would love to see Kody sitting north of 500 yds to go along with 1100 plus for AC/JWill.  If we are sitting there with 2700+ yds rushing, we will be steamrolling some teams.  I don't think this is outrageous either.  You know Kody will get a ton of carries in the second half of all 4 non-conf games which could easily lead to the bulk of the 600 or so yds you are talking about.  He will also get quite a few looks once conf play rolls around.  I would love to have a 3 headed monster (stats-wise) like CBB had at Wisconsin. 

lasthog

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 06, 2015, 01:04:23 pm
I like what you are predicting here.  I would love to see Kody sitting north of 500 yds to go along with 1100 plus for AC/JWill.  If we are sitting there with 2700+ yds rushing, we will be steamrolling some teams.  I don't think this is outrageous either.  You know Kody will get a ton of carries in the second half of all 4 non-conf games which could easily lead to the bulk of the 600 or so yds you are talking about.  He will also get quite a few looks once conf play rolls around.  I would love to have a 3 headed monster (stats-wise) like CBB had at Wisconsin.

JWill is a great back, AC of course also.

But to in no way diminish their accomplishments and the great things ahead of them, I was extremely impressed with Mr. Walker in the spring.

How he will be used I have no idea, of course, but I believe he is a real man with a great future.  Just like his running mates, I believe he will play on Sundays.

No matter which of these guys have the ball, I believe they will bring the pain.

bennyl08

Arkansas average 73 plays per game last season, let's assume we bump it up to 75 this year. So, that would be about 30 passes per game for BA and 45 rushes. 35 of those get split b/w AC and JWill leaving 10 more to be split between Walker, WR's, etc. Some games such as UTEP me may have 15 passes and 60 rushes.

Lets say Walker averages 4 ypc and 8 carries per game. 32*13 = 416 yards for him, and that is pretty conservative estimation.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 06, 2015, 02:34:57 pm
Arkansas average 73 plays per game last season, let's assume we bump it up to 75 this year. So, that would be about 30 passes per game for BA and 45 rushes. 35 of those get split b/w AC and JWill leaving 10 more to be split between Walker, WR's, etc. Some games such as UTEP me may have 15 passes and 60 rushes.

Lets say Walker averages 4 ypc and 8 carries per game. 32*13 = 416 yards for him, and that is pretty conservative estimation.

400-600 would be a fair guess....along w 2 more 1000 yd guys

Watch Out!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jbcarol

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC 22h22 hours ago

Arkansas featuring a slimmer, trimmer Alex Collins http://es.pn/1MadNwb
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Razorback12111

It is hard to say who will have more now that we have weapons at receiver I think you will see more home runs in the running game because defenses will have to respect the pass this year!!! I really believe this is going to be the year of the Hog with a balanced offense and an elite defense we will beat teams up by the fourth quarter!!! WPS

Theolesnort

I've always leaned to JWill in these contest between the two because JWill maximizes every bit of talent he has on the field. When ever Alex, if and when he starts taking the leadership role by setting the example in fitness and preparation then he will put himself on a different level not just here at Ark but nationally also.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

The NewEra

I couldn't bring myself to vote for one of them over the other.  I like and respect both of them, along with Kody, immensely.  From what I can gather, it appears Alex has done very well under the tutelage of Coach Sing and that he's matured considerably since last year.  It appears he's in the best physical shape of his life and it will be interesting to see how he can pull all of that together to increase his productivity on the field.  I love all three of these RB's and it's going to be fun to watch the trio achieve great things.  I'm hoping all three break 1,000 yards in rushing this year.

Hawgzinbowlz

I think both will gain more total yards than last season. CDE may call more passes to JWill, AC and KW, than they received in'14, and if so, these may diminish rushing totals.
All of our RBs should be in the best condition of their football careers.
JWill.

" GO HOGS "

Swine-as-wine

good thing that AC doesn't work for the city sewer company.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on August 08, 2015, 04:58:16 pm
good thing that AC doesn't work for the city sewer company.

Why..? You gotta throw some choices up there. You can't bait and runoft like that...

Alex "courtesy flush" Collins..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.