Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ARKANSAS … WILL WIN THE SEC

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 02, 2015, 06:59:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Arkansas will win the SEC in football in 2015. That's it. That's your lead-in. No jokes, puns, quips, or unique statistics. Just that opinion.

Either you've clicked out now out of rage mixed with, "This guy's an idiot," or you're at least intrigued to find out why. Heck, after going on radio proclaiming it, I got a text from a friend saying he'd buy me any dinner I wanted if the Hogs won the SEC. Safe to say I now have a rooting interest.

At any rate, get ready for it, because the stars are aligning. There are reasons, too. It's not just predictions and hyperbole.

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/arkansas_will_win_the_sec/19238056
Go Hogs Go!

threeNout

now is the time..  the time is now.

best chance since Nutt/Malzhan/Dmac,  and a better chance than we'll have in 2016 IMO.

jimmiewkersh

I woke up early and wanted to read a few posts that would help me go back to sleep.  Now I am excited and hyped up and ready for FOOTBALL!  This article makes me want to go out and run a mile, come home and mow the yard, wash the car and get a 6-pack of Diet Dr Pepper and sit down in front of the TV and watch the HOGS.  I have been very cautious in my enthusiasm for this year, but now I am ready to rule the WEST!  Woo Pig!

HOGINTENNESSEE

IMO our schedule just doesn't line up this to do it. Starting off the SEC against A&M, UT and Bama without any of them being home will be tough.

But then again if our team improves by the same margin it did between year 1 and year 2, maybe we can over come that. In year 1 we were blown out in several games a only really had a chance to win about 2 SEC games (Miss State and LSU). Where as last year Auburn and UGA were the only games I though we got outplayed in. All those other games Bama, Miss State, A&M and Mizz we should have had.

threeNout

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 02, 2015, 07:59:30 am
IMO our schedule just doesn't line up this to do it.

It's going to be tough every year, regardless.

I really like the schedule, we slowly build in terms of competition through the first 5 games, we should be 4-0 going to Tennessee, 4 games to bolster the new parts of the defense.

It's the Bama, week off, then Auburn doubleheader that is key, it's a good time because Alabama may be more vulnerable now than they have been, or will be , new QB and other factors.

We need to be 6-0 when we host Auburn, which is probably the biggest challenge we have for the West. 

Yea, it's tough, but I think the schedule builds perfectly, with increasing challenges we should be able to meet if we stay healthy and improve from week to week.

How Bama/Auburn and the Hogs do against one another, and the rest of the SEC will decide the West.  If the 3 all beat one another in a 3 way tie, we could possibly get to Atlanta that way at 11-1 and win the title game.

a 1,600+ pound OL, maybe the biggest at any level, ever. Two, possibly 3 NFL caliber RBs, a 5th year Sr at QB, maybe the best TE combo we have ever had.

returning 9 of 11 on offense, the offense should not miss a beat, the defense has the first half of the season to improve before the biggest challenges they'll face.

I do like our chances.

gmarv

the year of the hog is upon us,were gonna party like its 1964.

The Hogfather

I think we win the West.  Not sure we win the SEC.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 02, 2015, 08:52:29 am

If we make our own luck, avoid key injuries, find a FG kicker who can consistently hit from 35-45 out, reduce key turnovers at key times in the RZ, develop a more effective passing game (short, medium and long) and our defense proves to be as tough or nearly as tough as the last 2/3 of the season last year and we do win the West, I can see us winning the SECCG. If we can accomplish all of those things, I'm not sure who from the East could beat us.
Go Hogs Go!

The real Hogules

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 02, 2015, 08:52:29 am

Provided we can win the west, there's no team in the East that worries me.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The Hogfather

I think the East is back this year.  Georgia, Florida, and Tenner will all be really tough.  Does Missouri fall at all?  UK is on the improve.  Is Spurrier done at USC or will they bounce back?

I think UF and UGA battle it out for the East and whichever team wins it will be tough as nails.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 02, 2015, 09:10:43 am
There's a lot of if's listed there - and I would add if a sufficient amount of depth has been added  - but if Arkansas wins the West, I can't see who from the East would beat them either.

Well yes there are a lot of "if's" listed, but those are the same "if's" that every SEC team experiences entering any season. That's why it isn't simply a matter of who looks like they have the best team entering each season...the only guarantee is that at some point to some team (or teams) the unexpected is going to happen and whomever overcomes the unexpected the best, is who usually winds up contending for a Division and the CCG. We have a chance, but so does everyone else.

It is going to be an interesting season.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawghiggs

I've been saying something like this for over a month. If we can't do it this season. Then when can we? We are actually kinda loaded with talent. We will catch Ole Miss, Miss state, and LSU on down seasons this year. Tennecheat has talent but they are still in rebuild mode and you would have to think that Mizzou has to be on the down side of a great run in the east. Now that just leaves A&M, Auburn, and BAMA. We should at least win one of those. That would leave us at 10-2 with an outside chance to win the west.

farmhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2015, 09:02:05 am
If we make our own luck, avoid key injuries, find a FG kicker who can consistently hit from 35-45 out, reduce key turnovers at key times in the RZ, develop a more effective passing game (short, medium and long) and our defense proves to be as tough or nearly as tough as the last 2/3 of the season last year and we do win the West, I can see us winning the SECCG. If we can accomplish all of those things, I'm not sure who from the East could beat us.
A lot of ifs, and we aren't loaded with talent as everyone keeps saying. Are we much better? Yes, but still light in key areas. We just have to hope we have no injuries and win more than last year.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: farmhawg on August 02, 2015, 09:39:37 am
A lot of ifs, and we aren't loaded with talent as everyone keeps saying. Are we much better? Yes, but still light in key areas. We just have to hope we have no injuries and win more than last year.

Sounds defeatist to me. 

"If we do everything perfectly, we might win more than last year.  Afterall, we're just little ol' Arkansas."

MuskogeeHogFan

Don't disagree totally. As I said above...

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2015, 09:25:13 am
Well yes there are a lot of "if's" listed, but those are the same "if's" that every SEC team experiences entering any season. That's why it isn't simply a matter of who looks like they have the best team entering each season...the only guarantee is that at some point to some team (or teams) the unexpected is going to happen and whomever overcomes the unexpected the best, is who usually winds up contending for a Division and the CCG. We have a chance, but so does everyone else.

It is going to be an interesting season.
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

We will win 10 or better this year in regular season play and the main reason is Dan Enos.  There are other reasons like great commitment and focus by the team, superior leadership on the team, maturity, greater depth, the emergence of guys who can stretch the field, etc.  But, the major reason will be the addition of Enos as the single missing piece of the coaching puzzle capable of making us an offensive threat for all four quarters, which we have not been in the past two years.  Save your time on arguing with me as there won't be any way to see if I'm right or wrong until the season plays out, but this is my take and I hope I'm right.  These young Razorbacks deserve great success.

farmhawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 02, 2015, 09:46:03 am
Sounds defeatist to me. 

"If we do everything perfectly, we might win more than last year.  Afterall, we're just little ol' Arkansas."
Not at all.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: The NewEra on August 02, 2015, 09:51:06 am
We will win 10 or better this year in regular season play and the main reason is Dan Enos.  There are other reasons like great commitment and focus by the team, superior leadership on the team, maturity, greater depth, the emergence of guys who can stretch the field, etc.  But, the major reason will be the addition of Enos as the single missing piece of the coaching puzzle capable of making us an offensive threat for all four quarters, which we have not been in the past two years.  Save your time on arguing with me as there won't be any way to see if I'm right or wrong until the season plays out, but this is my take and I hope I'm right.  These young Razorbacks deserve great success.

I completely agree.  He is the missing piece that will make us elite this season.  So glad to have him.  Our offense is going to surprise people.  We will be one of the top offenses in the SEC this season.

goodguytex

Hopefully the Hogs win a NC and I'll have to get a Razorback tattoo.

Paul

I'm going to enjoy the ride this year, knowing that it's just the beginning of a new era

gmarv

I think both our o-line and d-line have the chance to be the best in the league.
that's a recipe for success.

rhames

Quote from: threeNout on August 02, 2015, 07:22:08 am
now is the time..  the time is now.

best chance since Nutt/Malzhan/Dmac,  and a better chance than we'll have in 2016 IMO.

That 2010 team should have won the west.

We are getting there I just don't see more than 8 or 9 wins in the regular season. 

Hope I am way wrong (with us winning 9+)
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Shrevepork

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2015, 09:02:05 am
you hit on my key. IF our kicker can hit the 45 yarder at a 75-80% rate, we are gonna be damn good.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Bebop

I want to believe but I don't think we will win the SEC. I

ZERO

QuoteSave for Georgia last year, all of their SEC losses were by a touchdown or less.

This is erroneous, as Auburn beat us down worse than anyone. It kind of makes me sick to think of how different both teams were by December, and that they only finished with one win better than us. We could have demolished Malzahn and his mediocre team of injury faking jabronis had the schedule shaken out a little differently. Oh, well. Coulda woulda.

I don't know about winning the SEC, I'm just glad we're ranked again for the first time in three years and are actually expected to be competitive. Being in the mix and having a decent shot is all a fan can reasonably ask for, in my opinion.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: threeNout on August 02, 2015, 08:25:40 am
It's going to be tough every year, regardless.

I really like the schedule, we slowly build in terms of competition through the first 5 games, we should be 4-0 going to Tennessee, 4 games to bolster the new parts of the defense.

It's the Bama, week off, then Auburn doubleheader that is key, it's a good time because Alabama may be more vulnerable now than they have been, or will be , new QB and other factors.

We need to be 6-0 when we host Auburn, which is probably the biggest challenge we have for the West. 

Yea, it's tough, but I think the schedule builds perfectly, with increasing challenges we should be able to meet if we stay healthy and improve from week to week.

How Bama/Auburn and the Hogs do against one another, and the rest of the SEC will decide the West.  If the 3 all beat one another in a 3 way tie, we could possibly get to Atlanta that way at 11-1 and win the title game.

a 1,600+ pound OL, maybe the biggest at any level, ever. Two, possibly 3 NFL caliber RBs, a 5th year Sr at QB, maybe the best TE combo we have ever had.

returning 9 of 11 on offense, the offense should not miss a beat, the defense has the first half of the season to improve before the biggest challenges they'll face.

I do like our chances.

A&M won't be a give me to get us to 4-0 going to UT. We have won in Knoxville what once ever? Bama is still the most talented team overall we won't and shouldn't be favored to win there.

Yes the schedule is hard every year. But his year we have 2 set of back to back road games that alone is insane especially after playing 3 conference games not at home to start conference play.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

IMO our schedule just doesn't line up this to do it. Starting off the SEC against A&M, UT and Bama without any of them being home will be tough.

But then again if our team improves by the same margin it did between year 1 and year 2, maybe we can over come that. In year 1 we were blown out in several games a only really had a chance to win about 2 SEC games (Miss State and LSU). Where as last year Auburn and UGA were the only games I though we got outplayed in. All those other games Bama, Miss State, A&M and Mizz we should have had.

I love watching you digest (out loud) what you just read... Basically what I get from your post is, "I love Arkansas too much handle the disappointment of failure if I allow myself to believe we have a chance, but I can't find any real reason for my fears except that we haven't been real good in a while, but, but I just know the foosbawl gods are gonna strike us down if we expect too much."...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

GuvHog

A couple of things I disagree with you on:

(A) This Hog team may not be as loaded as Bama has been some years (this ain't one of them), but they are more loaded than they've been in years.

(B) As far as I know, the Hogs are a little light at only 1 position and that's Linebacker.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hoggish1

I'll buy it even if he didn't mention Enos and DR, which would have made his argument even stronger...

hammer66

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 02, 2015, 01:36:58 pm
I love watching you digest (out loud) what you just read... Basically what I get from your post is, "I love Arkansas too much handle the disappointment of failure if I allow myself to believe we have a chance, but I can't find any real reason for my fears except that we haven't been real good in a while, but, but I just know the foosbawl gods are gonna strike us down if we expect too much."...

I agree with this 100%. It has always fascinated me to be on this Hog board and see Hog fans predict the upcoming season. For me personally, I can figure out how we can win every game on our schedule on paper in the preseason. I just can't convince myself we can't win a game before the season starts even when we have sucked.
I think too many people believe their credibility will be tarnished if they pick the hogs to win and then they lose. In a few cases I think some posters believe they gain prestige for getting their predictions correct. I can assure these posters there is no credibility to be gained or lost by their preseason predictions.
So my prediction is the hogs will be 15-0 this season, this is the year no doubt in my mind. Of course I predicted 15-0 last year, 14-0 2 years ago, etc, etc.
GHG, Woo Pig

5HOG5

August 02, 2015, 02:55:40 pm #31 Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:15:49 pm by 5HOG5
Who knows what will happen, but its gonna be a very interesting season to watch :) Go Hogs! :razorback:

Biggus Piggus

I have good reasons to not outright predict that Arkansas will win the SEC title this season. Main reason is the way the schedule lays out. So few conference home games, coming so late in the season.

Reason number two is that the Hogs play at least four opponents that are more talented at QB. Two of those games are at home, one in Arlington, one in Knoxville.

Reason number three is that Arkansas plays opponents such as TAM, Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State and Ole Miss, all of which have significantly better talent at wide receiver than Arkansas does.

Reason number four is a lack of depth on the offensive line. Arkansas cannot solve this problem this season. The best alternative for left tackle is starting at right tackle. The backups for the most part are players nobody wants to see the football field this fall.

I don't care how good the Hogs are as a team. How improved. How experienced. They could play very well and still lose three or four games.
[CENSORED]!

GoHogs1091

We should be able to win at Tennessee.  Whether or not that game will be real difficult depends on if Tennessee's inexperienced Line of Scrimmage talent improves much with game experience before we play them.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 02, 2015, 01:36:58 pm

Really? I thought I said we won't win the SEC because of our road schedule and that the only way we would even have a shot is is we improved by the same margin we did last year again.

threeNout

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 02, 2015, 03:04:57 pm
I have good reasons to not outright predict that Arkansas will win the SEC title this season. Main reason is the way the schedule lays out. So few conference home games, coming so late in the season.

Reason number two is that the Hogs play at least four opponents that are more talented at QB. Two of those games are at home, one in Arlington, one in Knoxville.

Reason number three is that Arkansas plays opponents such as TAM, Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State and Ole Miss, all of which have significantly better talent at wide receiver than Arkansas does.

Reason number four is a lack of depth on the offensive line. Arkansas cannot solve this problem this season. The best alternative for left tackle is starting at right tackle. The backups for the most part are players nobody wants to see the football field this fall.

Similar lists of things that could prevent Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, etc from winning the SEC could be cited too.

I think the point the writer makes is, there are as good a set of reasons to pick Arkansas this year as anyone else.  I'm not sure that's ever been true before.

The key to me is Enos. 

If his offense, coupled with maybe some new speed at WR, can threaten more areas of the field than we did with Cheny.  If Enos replacing Cheny proves to be an improvement, then look out.

If that's true, we could have a special kind of offense, the kind that's going to get it's points against whomever, wherever.

We had that kind of offense in '07, with DMac and GM calling plays, when we won the West and had the title game in hand.

Unless Enos is a disaster, we should have that kind of offense again. Rob Smith has to improve the defense from game 3 to 4 to 5, then have us at the pinnacle by game 6 against what will probably be the defense's biggest challenge, Auburn.

I like this schedule a whole lot better than opening at Auburn on the road.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

threeNout

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 02, 2015, 04:34:35 pm
We got the best shot since 2006.

I missed it by a year didn't I?  lol  2006 I'm thinking of.

LZH

This is gonna be one of those years where we are much better but our record doesn't necessarily reflect that improvement.

I hope I am wrong on that last part.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on August 02, 2015, 05:03:26 pm
This is gonna be one of those years where we are much better but our record doesn't necessarily reflect that improvement.

I hope I am wrong on that last part.
Right or wrong, I'm damn sure ready to find out!   :razorback:

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 02, 2015, 03:04:57 pm

I don't care how good the Hogs are as a team. How improved. How experienced. They could play very well and still lose three or four games.
Good thing our WRs don't play against their WRs. Theirs have to play our D, which ain't shabby.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: LZH on August 02, 2015, 05:03:26 pm
That's what a lot of people were saying last year as well.

Shrevepork

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 02, 2015, 12:07:57 pm
Are you sure about that reference?

a point of no return.
"we're nearing the event horizon of the presidential election"

no going back for the Hogs was my intended meaning

navyhog24

August 02, 2015, 07:31:43 pm #43 Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:43:26 pm by navyhog24
The schedule looks tough, but as some others have pointed out in other threads, some of the teams could be pretty beat up when we play them. Tenner will be coming off a road game at Florida. That should be a very physical game for them. They should be pretty beat up from that. Bama will be at UGA the week before they play us. That should be a pretty intense game. We, of course, have the bye week before Auburn. Ole Miss will have to be at Auburn the week before we're supposed to travel to Oxford. The game before we play  them will be UT-Martin which will basically be another bye week for us. So, we should be well rested for the Ole Miss game. The week before the LSU game, the tiggers will have to travel to Bama in which should be another hard fought physical game for them. They should be pretty beat up before playing us. I know we'll be coming off the Ole Miss game, but their game should be more physical for them than ours vs Ole Miss. MSU will have Bama as well before coming to Fayetteville. We should win that game. Mizzou will be coming off a game with Tenner and the game being at home. We should win that one as well.

The schedule looks tough, but its doesn't seem too bad considering. We catch no teams coming off of bye weeks, which is great considering the road schedule we have. There is a little more hope to the schedule than when looking at it briefly.

As always and with nearly every SEC year and team, how much the other teams we play digress and/or stay the same greatly decides our final position in the standings.

Every time I hear the name Enos associated with great, I cannot help but remember how Chaney was placed in sentences with great and best ever or maybe even best ever anywhere.  Remember how that first BB team had the absolute best staff ever for Arkansas.  Remember how many thought paying far more than in the past would automatically relate to the best staff ever and therefore, more wins than ever.

We have a bad schedule for away games this year.  We have an OC that truthfully we no nothing much about.  We have an OC who may or may not get along with the HC.

There is at least 4 teams in the SEC with better talent than us.  Would be nice if those teams fell on hard times someway.  Would also be nice if we didn't suffer any problems that cost us players.

I remind that Chaney came to us with a good background and left with most of us not agreeing.  Was that all on him????  Was he about the worst second half Guy in the business????

The way we might win the SEC is if the contenders run afoul of player and/or coaching problems and we don't.

Lake City Hog

Biggus, I agree with #1. The schedule is TERRIBLE! For the second year in a row the conference saw fit to screw over Arkansas. We are, I believe the ONLY team to have 2 back-to-back road games.

I'm not totally convinced on #2. I'll take a 5th year senior that may be a little less highly thought of over sophomores with a ton of hype.

#3 may be pretty hard to argue with, we don't have elite WR's and probably never will. But, if Enos can create just enough favorable match-ups in every BIG game to allow our running game to thrive we will be fine. We will never be a true passing team and that is OK.

#4 is where I really have to disagree. We have a VERY solid starting 5 on the O'Line and enough back-ups to give them a bit of rest. Do we have 10 kids that are all 4*? NOPE!
But, we have a 4* RS Freshman(Wallace), a 4* RS Sophomore(Koehler), 2 5th year seniors(Beck/Danenhauer) and RS Freshman walk-on(Gibson) that has been tabbed as 2nd team ready to help out.

We have enough talent from 1 to 85 to compete with ANYONE and I guarantee you that the team feels that way and we should too.

Hoggish1

Quote from: navyhog24 on August 02, 2015, 07:31:43 pm
The schedule looks tough, but as some others have pointed out in other threads, some of the teams could be pretty beat up when we play them. Tenner will be coming off a road game at Florida. That should be a very physical game for them. They should be pretty beat up from that. Bama will be at UGA the week before they play us. That should be a pretty intense game. We, of course, have the bye week before Auburn. Ole Miss will have to be at Auburn the week before we're supposed to travel to Oxford. The game before we play  them will be UT-Martin which will basically be another bye week for us. So, we should be well rested for the Ole Miss game. The week before the LSU game, the tiggers will have to travel to Bama in which should be another hard fought physical game for them. They should be pretty beat up before playing us. I know we'll be coming off the Ole Miss game, but their game should be more physical for them than ours vs Ole Miss. MSU will have Bama as well before coming to Fayetteville. We should win that game. Mizzou will be coming off a game with Tenner and the game being at home. We should win that one as well.

The schedule looks tough, but its doesn't seem too bad considering. We catch no teams coming off of bye weeks, which is great considering the road schedule we have. There is a little more hope to the schedule than when looking at it briefly.

all great points.  We will have a stunning year.  It appears few have anticipated it but us... :)

bphi11ips

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 02, 2015, 05:58:13 pm

Right or wrong, I'm damn sure ready to find out!   :razorback:

Would rather win 12 than 6, but I'll love the Hogs the same either way.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogarusa

I expect to have a good season but Hogs will be out of the running for the SEC title after the first 4 games.  The roster brings a great opportunity for success not seen since being in the SEC.  The schedule does not.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Bigdavis

Quote from: 12247 on August 02, 2015, 07:55:02 pm
As always and with nearly every SEC year and team, how much the other teams we play digress and/or stay the same greatly decides our final position in the standings.

Every time I hear the name Enos associated with great, I cannot help but remember how Chaney was placed in sentences with great and best ever or maybe even best ever anywhere.  Remember how that first BB team had the absolute best staff ever for Arkansas.  Remember how many thought paying far more than in the past would automatically relate to the best staff ever and therefore, more wins than ever.

We have a bad schedule for away games this year.  We have an OC that truthfully we no nothing much about.  We have an OC who may or may not get along with the HC.

There is at least 4 teams in the SEC with better talent than us.  Would be nice if those teams fell on hard times someway.  Would also be nice if we didn't suffer any problems that cost us players.

I remind that Chaney came to us with a good background and left with most of us not agreeing.  Was that all on him????  Was he about the worst second half Guy in the business????

The way we might win the SEC is if the contenders run afoul of player and/or coaching problems and we don't.

Actually anyone who even halfway paid attention to Tennessee or knew any Tennessee fans didn't think that. Tennessee fans hated his guts, mainly because of his 4th quarter troubles every year...