Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

userpick

SPAL

SPAL

Quote from: userpick on January 28, 2016, 08:08:11 pm
Definitely the best run I've ever seen. Keep it up!

Me too...I can't even believe it. But barring something crazy, Oregon state us gonna end the streak

SPAL

Oregon state 4-1 ends the streak
Northwestern about to make it 4-2

Big Boi

SPAL

Gonna end up 0-4 in the 2nd half of plays....I would say my luck is out. Next man up...lol

userpick

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 28, 2016, 10:19:36 pm
Gonna end up 0-4 in the 2nd half of plays....I would say my luck is out. Next man up...lol

Haha slow and steady man! Keep doing your thing

DadVader1

Quote from: userpick on January 28, 2016, 10:54:41 pm
Haha slow and steady man! Keep doing your thing

Awesome run Sir!  Even with the 0-4 ending for the night, it's going to be hard to find a next man up who will hit at over 76% ATS like you just did. 

I love the discipline of this group.  This thread taught me the difference between being a "gambler" and a "sports investor," and I'm loving the ROI from those lessons.  Keep up the excellent work!

DadVader1

I've been tinkering with adding new filters to the football spreadsheets during the off season.  I tried to duplicate the conventional wisdom that bigger games have tighter lines, but so far, taking into account Top 25 match-ups hasn't had much impact on the ATS winning % of the power rating systems.  On a positive note, taking into account win/lose streaks and taking into account strength of schedule have both improved the ATS winning % of the top power rating systems.

In the category of Keep It Simple Stupid, it was also nice to notice that a few of the top power rating systems hit at or over 60% ATS last season on something as simple as picking road favorites.  Here's hoping the grind pays off for next football season.

You guys are setting the bar high during bball.  Keep up the good work!

userpick

VCU -2 is my only play tonight. Good luck guys.

userpick

Quote from: DadVader1 on January 29, 2016, 03:53:55 pm
I've been tinkering with adding new filters to the football spreadsheets during the off season.  I tried to duplicate the conventional wisdom that bigger games have tighter lines, but so far, taking into account Top 25 match-ups hasn't had much impact on the ATS winning % of the power rating systems.  On a positive note, taking into account win/lose streaks and taking into account strength of schedule have both improved the ATS winning % of the top power rating systems.

In the category of Keep It Simple Stupid, it was also nice to notice that a few of the top power rating systems hit at or over 60% ATS last season on something as simple as picking road favorites.  Here's hoping the grind pays off for next football season.

You guys are setting the bar high during bball.  Keep up the good work!

I love the analysis. It'll pay off.

SPAL

New streak....

Davidson +1.5

Going against UP tonight

userpick

gotyacovered

Quote from: userpick on January 29, 2016, 07:14:23 pm
1-0 night.

42-21 season to date.

Nice.

1-0 for me also, had lakers/clippers under, also had Boston -8 as a go but ended up on a flight at game time and couldn't get it to go thru... SMH. Prob woulda tailed VCU, but couldn't for the same reason above.

Only thing that's caught my eye so far: Aggies at home and pissed.
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

I've circled Auburn and Arkansas also... TT/pokes aren't gonna make the tourney, maybe not even a small one and these mid season non-conf games both non-contenders for the big dance should be flat. Additionally you have auburn that'll have a sell out crowd tonight on ESPN and a coach that knows how to exploit that situation; on the other side you have the hogs with some momentum, playing great D.

SPAL

Hogs -5
Duquesne -4.5
Chattanooga -4.5
Monmouth -12

Most know I don't play the hogs with emotional investment. The hogs are a solid bet today from a vetting standpoint.

userpick

userpick

Akron got me off to a good start. Georgetown needs to make it a 2-0 night.

DadVader1

Never any doubt on the Hogs cover ;)    I was pulling for OT big time and loved it when they sent Hannahs to the line for the cover.

SPAL

userpick

SPAL

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 31, 2016, 12:18:04 pm
Iowa -11
Oregon -2.5

Dang it. Stepped away for a few days to finish duck season. Already placed mine one NW and oregon. I sure hope oregon wins for us! 

SPAL

gotyacovered

February 01, 2016, 08:16:17 am #9826 Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:54:47 am by gotyacovered
not a great weekend for me... 3 consecutive nights I went 0-1, 1-2 and 1-2. I did hop on colorado yesterday, thanks UP. Need a 3-0 sweep tonight to get me back in pay status.

userpick

SPAL

userpick

onebadrubi

Providence -7 Tuesday play I think might move quick. 

SPAL

SPAL

gotyacovered

2-2 for me. I missed mercer, I need a CBB/NBA schedule a 3 year old can read.

gotyacovered

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 01, 2016, 10:45:21 pm
3-0 tonight....9 in a row

Two great runs in back to back weeks! You bet online or local?

SPAL

campushog23

Plays for tonight:

South Carolina +1
Iowa State -4.5

gotyacovered

SPAL

I use the martingale system...

Bet 1=x

If bet 1 wins, tomorrow I bet the same unit.

If bet 1 loses, I multiply the previous by 2.1

Bet 2 will either be x or x(2.2)

If I win bet 2, I go back to bet 1 amount. If I lose, I multiply bet 2 by 2.2

Each pick I make is a different system. The only way I lose, is if any 1 system loses 4 in a row. For the purpose of this thread, I just post my plays....not the system record.

SPAL

userpick

SPAL

onebadrubi

Providence line got to -8, thought it might move another point or two. 

Put a small bit on Providence first half at -4 today as well as my play from last night at -7.

Tailing:
Houston Rockets -4

onebadrubi

userpick

SPAL

SPAL

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 02, 2016, 09:53:47 pm
I had this on my list but cut it.

Up like 21 and I go to cook dinner and find something better to watch.  They gave up a 20 somethibg lead in like 3 minutes.  Monk might be playing for a new coach next year.  I think cal is losing interest at UK

Not a great night with providence going down.  I had a good bit riding on them

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: userpick on February 02, 2016, 09:26:54 pm
2-0.

47-22 year to date.

I've been tailing you for a week or so. You're digging me out of a hole, big time.

I owe you beers.