Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacolby Criswell

Started by redleg, January 25, 2018, 08:19:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

Morrilton QB Jacolby Criswell (6'2" 208) seems like he may be the top in-state QB for the 2020 class, and maybe even the #1 in-state recruit for that class. According to 247Sports, he is also the younger brother of Dre Greenlaw. The Criswell family has been in Morrilton for a long time, and has had numerous sons and daughters that were athletically gifted. Kinda like the Lasker family in Conway.
Does anyone have any additional info on Jacolby, and do we think Coach Morris will be interested in a couple of years?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Pork Ranger

Clint Stoerner is in love with him. I'm sure we will give a pretty strong look

#1 STUNNA

Arkansas state has offered

Hayden1865

He'll for sure be offered and pursued hard. Kid's tape is unreal.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

Richard Davenport

He's the half-brother of Dre.

Tusks

His dad should be offered a DL coaching job and get a twofer
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawginbigd1

Quote from: redleg on January 25, 2018, 08:19:06 am
Morrilton QB Jacolby Criswell (6'2" 208) seems like he may be the top in-state QB for the 2020 class, and maybe even the #1 in-state recruit for that class. According to 247Sports, he is also the younger brother of Dre Greenlaw. The Criswell family has been in Morrilton for a long time, and has had numerous sons and daughters that were athletically gifted. Kinda like the Lasker family in Conway.
Does anyone have any additional info on Jacolby, and do we think Coach Morris will be interested in a couple of years?
Seems to be a Criswell, Canady, Foster, Payne and others leading the Devil Dog athletics in some sport since I moved there in 85. Strong family ties in that community.

azhog10

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 25, 2018, 10:55:04 am
Seems to be a Criswell, Canady, Foster, Payne and others leading the Devil Dog athletics in some sport since I moved there in 85. Strong family ties in that community.
Or Stricklands

HogtoberFest

Don't forget the Duncan and Doris crews.

john

RD, what are your thoughts on Criswell vs Gunnell? Do u expect CCM to go after both or will he be a 1 QB per class guy like Bielema? I know GG is highly ranked nationally, how high up will Criswell b rated u think?

Hopeful Hog

hawginbigd1

Quote from: azhog10 on January 25, 2018, 10:55:52 am
Or Stricklands
Yes do not want to leave out the Strickland's My buddy Keith or Kenneth would be disappointed.

john

My bad. I thought Gunnell was 2020 also. Glad they aren't same year, maybe we can get both

redleg

Quote from: azhog10 on January 25, 2018, 10:55:52 am
Or Stricklands
Someone needs to have a talk with the Stricklands so they don't send any more of their daughters to Tennessee to help the Lady Vols beat the Lady Razorbacks.  >:(
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Cinco de Hogo

Why can't we get a kid like this to come play safety for us?  Can't these kids see that at that size the road to the NFL would be easier and they would probably make more money.  I know the feedback I will get for saying it but tell me how many young men like this waste away their athletic ability trying to fit in the smallest window of opportunity there is in football.

Yes he has dreams, we all have dreams...then we switch jobs seven times trying to find our real place in life.  It's not the end of the world either way but I would love to see him it a Razorback uniform.

If he can make it to the NFL at QB he can do that at Arkansas under CCM. 

hawginbigd1

Cinco i am not sure where you are going with this, have GB in mind or what, but this kid is a sophomore in high school they are going to play him at QB. That's what High Schools do, play their best in that position, if he continues to develop he will be a D1 prospect at QB, if not he will at another position. Iirc last year TCU had 6 high school QBs on their starting Defense, our starting LB played QB and everything else in High school.

#1 STUNNA

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2018, 10:46:02 am
Cinco i am not sure where you are going with this, have GB in mind or what, but this kid is a sophomore in high school they are going to play him at QB. That's what High Schools do, play their best in that position, if he continues to develop he will be a D1 prospect at QB, if not he will at another position. Iirc last year TCU had 6 high school QBs on their starting Defense, our starting LB played QB and everything else in High school.

Just wishful thinking that we could convince a few of these athletic QB's to stay home regardless of the position the coaching staff projected them for.  I also happen to believe that more times than not it would be better for their career's.  I think that in Arkansas there are probably 3-5 of these every year, although some of them may not have ever played defense and don't know a thing about "bringing da wood". 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 26, 2018, 10:49:19 am
He is already a D1 qb
I'm a Devil Dog homer, I see the potential, I am just not there yet, maybe I should say P5 instead of D1

Cargill A. BullHog

We drove down to watch Morrilton play football twice last year.  If this is the QB I saw then I am amazed.  He just looked like a grown up out there playing.  And after the game I saw him being nice to some of the smaller kids that will be future Dogs.  Seems like a nice young man
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on January 26, 2018, 06:48:15 pm
We drove down to watch Morrilton play football twice last year.  If this is the QB I saw then I am amazed.  He just looked like a grown up out there playing.  And after the game I saw him being nice to some of the smaller kids that will be future Dogs.  Seems like a nice young man
1 in the same, I don't know him but the talk around town is he is a nice kid.

woodhog14

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2018, 06:43:06 pm
I'm a Devil Dog homer, I see the potential, I am just not there yet, maybe I should say P5 instead of D1
P5 is D1.

Snout team

I think the point he was making is P5 is D1 but not all D1 is P5
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.