Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you feel Coach Morris' staff is doing thus far in recruiting for the Hogs

Started by Hogindasticks, January 24, 2018, 09:10:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel Coach Morris' staff is doing thus far in recruiting for the Hogs?

Excellent, Hogs are kicking butt next year.
37 (18.5%)
Well, considering the time the staff has had to prepare.
152 (76%)
Could have been better.
6 (3%)
I don't think this is going to help the hogs.
4 (2%)
I can't believe we hired them.
1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Voting closed: February 03, 2018, 09:10:36 pm

Hogindasticks

Enjoy! :)

We are going to watch this closely and run it again at the end to see if anything changes.  We would like everyone's honest vote please.    Before/After snapshot.

Hogindasticks

Hopeful Hog

I like what he's done so far. I think the 2019 class is gonna be a really good one. Now if that 2019 class is full of 3* then I'll be highly disappointed but if we pull a handful of high 4 or 5* then I'm sold.

Bubba's Bruisers

Considering he's playing catchup in a huge way, I'd say he's doing pretty good.  Grab any 2 of Wilson, Brule or Foucha, and pretty good goes to great.  And I like our chances of getting to great.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Cinco de Hogo

As the poll shows #2 is the correct answer.  We need some stud O-linemen, that's my biggest concern and it concern me that they haven't added to what we had. In fact I think we have lost one.  Seems we had 3 committed now only 2 so maybe we lost 2 and gained 1.  Anyway that's a huge area of need and probably could use a JUCO or 2 in THIS class.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

holman24

all i know is of right now we are dead last in recruiting in the SEC even behind Vandy!!!!!!

IUHog

Quote from: holman24 on January 25, 2018, 09:49:52 am
all i know is of right now we are dead last in recruiting in the SEC even behind Vandy!!!!!!

Numbers—how do those work?

jackflash

King Kong

We have done well considering the situation.

I still don't understand why the previous staff wasn't allow to go visit players prior to Chad Morris being hired. I think that hurt our chances with players we wanted to keep like Jones and Mincey

Lame Duck staffs all across the country still recruit

Hoggish1

Quote from: holman24 on January 25, 2018, 09:49:52 am

Here is how I think the ratings work and should be looked at, especially for a new staff: 

We are 63rd in 247 rankings with an 86.36 raking per player with only 13 players committed.  86.36 is a very good per player average.  Means the class thus far has highly rated players, in general. 

If you go the next 40 team spots only eight teams come in with a higher per player average.  Not bad!

Several days remain where players can flip, etc. Flips from teams like Ole Mrs will go to teams in the traditional recruiting top 10, so harm to teams like Vandy and OM that will lose some players they thought they had but not to us (the rich get richer but not the teams that should stay down in any conference).

So I am not concerned, especially because, as CCM says, it's about fit and if you take into consideration that this staff got a late start on everyone else with a returning HC and staff.

31to6

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 25, 2018, 10:27:01 am
  86.36 is a very good per player average.  Means the class thus far has highly rated players, in general. 
Now up to 86.63, which ranks 34th in the nation and 11th in the SEC.

Hogindasticks

Next year will be a recruiting fest if Arkansas has a decent season next season.