Morris, Chavis and Smith seeing major target tonight

Started by Richard Davenport, January 24, 2018, 04:26:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

Richard Davenport

@ArRecruitingGuy
14m14 minutes ago
More
Big day leading up to national signing day. #Arkansas @coachchadmorris, DC @CoachJohnChavis and CB @coachmarksmith will be doing an in-home visit with major CB target and ESPN 300 prospect @_MG3__ tonight. He's expected to visit the Hill on Feb. 2-4. #HammerDown #FullTiltBoogie

hawgdavis

I'm sorry Richard I just don't understand Twitter language. Who are they seeing tonight?

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: hawgdavis on January 24, 2018, 04:43:54 pm
I'm sorry Richard I just don't understand Twitter language. Who are they seeing tonight?

"@_MG3_" is the twitter handle for Mario Goodrich III

moto625

Getting Mario to commit would sure up any doubts about the recording capabilities of this new staff!

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: moto625 on January 24, 2018, 04:52:22 pm
Getting Mario to commit would sure up any doubts about the recording capabilities of this new staff!

Definitely seeing as how LSU has him locked up.

Tusks

It's a long way from KC to red stix. A lot more than 250 miles.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

imtad16

If we get Goodrich would our defensive backfield be the deepest it's ever been (all be it young)? Goodrich, Chevin, Kam, Pulley, Buster Brown, Ladarius Bishop, Myles Mason, possibly Joseph Foucha.

All the sudden Chavis wouldn't really have the deficit everyone said he might have compared to his other stops.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: imtad16 on January 24, 2018, 05:27:03 pm
If we get Goodrich would our defensive backfield be the deepest it's ever been (all be it young)? Goodrich, Chevin, Kam, Pulley, Buster Brown, Myles Mason, possibly Joseph Foucha.

All the sudden Chavis wouldn't really have the deficit everyone said he might have compared to his other stops.
Does Bishop factor in?  Also not sure we have room to take MG3 and Foucha both.  Its probably one or the other.   

imtad16

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 24, 2018, 05:30:23 pm
Does Bishop factor in?  Also not sure we have room to take MG3 and Foucha both.  Its probably one or the other.   

Yep, he'll be in the mix too. Fair point we'll just have to wait and see on whether there is room for Foucha and Goodrich.

If a 4 star wants to come and play, you find a schollie for him. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

IMO Goodrich and Tommy Bush are the 2 players that this staff will take not matter what.

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 24, 2018, 06:18:54 pm
IMO Goodrich and Tommy Bush are the 2 players that this staff will take not matter what.
Those two can make huge impact to a team and would definitely make this a great class.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 24, 2018, 06:11:20 pm
I heard it was UGA

Clemson has also come into the picture late. Looks like they are getting a visit this weekend instead of Ole Miss.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 24, 2018, 06:18:54 pm

Agreed. The numbers will work out.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on January 24, 2018, 06:29:21 pm
Clemson has also come into the picture late. Looks like they are getting a visit this weekend instead of Ole Miss.
I wish we had that kind of pull.  Maybe some day!

TX HOG

hawgdavis

AHiD

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 24, 2018, 08:42:25 pm
I wish we had that kind of pull.  Maybe some day!

We got him to visit in Feb instead of Florida.
My name...is Jerruh

Tim Harris

Also not sure we have room to take MG3 and Foucha both.  Its probably one or the other.   

There would be room for both.

King Kong

IMO of the situation Foucha is someone we are targeting for our actual allotted slots and we will take him.

Goodrich is longshot candidate that they will go over our allotted slots to sign. Tommy Bush probably also falls in that situation

Little Lady Back

Quote from: TX HOG on January 24, 2018, 08:53:08 pm
I would've sent Traylor too

That crossed my mind as well. Regardless, I am really impressed so far with the coaching staff and recruiting. They seem to be working their tails off! 
#NolanRichardsonCourt

babo1

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on January 24, 2018, 06:29:21 pm
Never count Old Miss out. I think maybe they are at it again.

Hoggish1

Quote from: babo1 on January 25, 2018, 09:23:58 am
     Never count Old Miss out. I think maybe they are at it again.

So, you think they stopped at some point? LMAO

TebowHater

If we were to sign him it would be just about the first time we have taken a recruit - without personal connections to the school/coach (and or drama like being asked to gray shirt) - away from a top 5 program. Even when they have personal connections we often lose them. This is just like Cleveland or Fulton.

Won't happen.

hoglady

Quote from: hawgdavis on January 24, 2018, 04:43:54 pm
I’m sorry Richard I just don’t understand Twitter language. Who are they seeing tonight?

right there with you.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

imtad16

January 25, 2018, 02:22:33 pm #27 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:52:11 pm by imtad16
Quote from: TebowHater on January 25, 2018, 02:04:45 pm
If we were to sign him it would be just about the first time we have taken a recruit - without personal connections to the school/coach (and or drama like being asked to gray shirt) - away from a top 5 program. Even when they have personal connections we often lose them. This is just like Cleveland or Fulton.

Won't happen.

We do have personal connections in this case. One of his coaches is former Razorback Limbo Parks. You are right though stiff competition here. However, I think since we are so much closer than the competition we have something the other schools don't have. His family could very easily make a 3 hour drive watch him play, practice, or visit him on a weekend or whenever they want while still being in the SEC. They could come to every home game of his college career at Arkansas while that would be a tall order if he goes to another one of his top 5.

Lee's Summit to Athens - 12 hours 38 mins

Lee's Summit to Baton Rouge - 12 hours 11 mins

Lee's Summit to Clemson - 13 hours 20 mins

Lee's Summit to Oxford - 8 hours 23 mins

Lee's Summit to Fayetteville - 3 hours 33 mins

Hoggish1

Quote from: imtad16 on January 25, 2018, 02:22:33 pm
We do have personal connections in this case. One of his coaches is former Razorback Limbo Parks. You are right though stiff competition here. However, I think since we are so much closer than the competition we have something the other schools don't have. His family could very easily make a 3 hour drive watch him play, practice, or visit him on a weekend or whenever they want while still being in the SEC. They could come to every home game of his college career at Arkansas while that would be a tall order if he goes to another one of his top 5.

That's a lot of gas and time saved!  WPS!

code red

No interest in Mizzou.  Interesting.  Who knows what LSU is gonna have at Q.....come to the hill young man.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

31to6

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 25, 2018, 04:41:15 pm
That's a lot of gas and time saved!  WPS!
Also worth noting that you cannot fly directly to any of those cities from MCI and even with connections, flight options are limited. 3:30 in a car is cheaper and way more pleasant than an entire day in airports hoping your connecting flight doesn't get canceled.

TebowHater

January 25, 2018, 05:27:49 pm #31 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:35:23 pm by TebowHater

The number of times we have been the closer school and seen a kid go elsewhere are too numerous to count. Let's not even talk about the in-states we lose to places like tOSU, ND, even Baylor, etc.

It is always wishful thinking - even when the player says that's a huge part in his decision - just like it is here.

imtad16

Quote from: TebowHater on January 25, 2018, 05:27:49 pm
The number of times we have been the closer and seen a kid go elsewhere are too numerous to count. Let's not even talk about the in-states we lose to places like tOSU, ND, even Baylor, etc.

It is always wishful thinking - even when the player says that's a huge part in his decision - just like it is here.

Can't argue with you there.

31to6

The number of times we have been the closer and seen a kid go elsewhere are too numerous to count. Let's not even talk about the in-states we lose to places like tOSU, ND, even Baylor, etc.

And some kids say they want to stay close, because that is what momma wants to hear, when in fact they are dying to have some of the independence that one or two timezones will give them.

JIHawg

That's good info.  Makes me hopeful.  Thanks for posting so positively.

TebowHater

Quote from: JIHawg on January 25, 2018, 06:19:42 pm
That's good info.  Makes me hopeful.  Thanks for posting so positively.

I do not intend to be negative with most posts either and also appreciate the work into posting that info; I have just gone down this rabbit hole so many times, anxiously watching the signing day ceremony, only to see them not put on an Arkansas hat. Time and time again.

When we get players who have offers from the big schools it is because there is a coaching change there, they try to make him gray shirt, or the kid is 100% in state hog (rare), etc. When a big school is actively pursuing them, forget it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: King Kong on January 25, 2018, 08:33:18 am
IMO of the situation Foucha is someone we are targeting for our actual allotted slots and we will take him.

Goodrich is longshot candidate that they will go over our allotted slots to sign. Tommy Bush probably also falls in that situation
That sounds possible, but If you get an MG3, who looks like Joe Adams returning punts and INT's He can put on one helluva show...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: 31to6 on January 25, 2018, 05:51:51 pm
And some kids say they want to stay close, because that is what momma wants to hear, when in fact they are dying to have some of the independence that one or two timezones will give them.
When the process begins the wow/star struck factor is probably greater than the distance.  But when it gets down to the nitty gritty, the distance from home typically sinks in.  These kids realize what is about to happen, and distance becomes more of a factor.  The distance value probably varies per individual.  Most 18 year old kids generally do not want to be too far from momma unless they feel it is the opportunity of a lifetime. 

SSFrazorback

January 26, 2018, 11:32:16 am #38 Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:51:13 am by SSFrazorback
I would expect to see him on the field sooner with us than with UGA, LSU and Clemson. Closer to home and more play time could land this kid.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 25, 2018, 06:45:33 pm

That sounds possible, but If you get an MG3, who looks like Joe Adams returning punts and INT's He can put on one helluva show...

He does....I couldn't believe it when I saw it.  He will be an absolute nasty addition to our D.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The number of times we have been the closer school and seen a kid go elsewhere are too numerous to count. Let's not even talk about the in-states we lose to places like tOSU, ND, even Baylor, etc.

I don't get it... Why are you arguing? Is there some problem that you have with the recruit personally, or do you just think we should only recruit kids whom YOU believe we will land? I just don't get you man. You are arguing with a bunch of Hogs fans telling them there is NO WAY we will land a recruit who canceled a visit to Florida to come check us out.

We may very well not land him, but why in the world would you not be neutral, if not freaking hopeful, about it if you're an Arkansas fan?
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Pig in the Pokey

^^^^ exactly.

Besides, this is a whole new staff. their first year at clemson they were coming off a bad season and a bad recruiting class and then 1st year they got four 5*s. Clemson is in a lil ole town in the middle of nowhere. It's draw is trees, mountains, and the lake. Same as Fayetteville but small. It can be done here, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 26, 2018, 10:48:10 am
When the process begins the wow/star struck factor is probably greater than the distance.  But when it gets down to the nitty gritty, the distance from home typically sinks in.  These kids realize what is about to happen, and distance becomes more of a factor.  The distance value probably varies per individual.  Most 18 year old kids generally do not want to be too far from momma unless they feel it is the opportunity of a lifetime. 

One other thing... LSU's latest defensive greatness can be attributed to ONE guy, AND that guy now coaches at Arkansas. That means there's no way LSU can say "Come here. You can be the next Honey Badger here, but you can't at Arkansas"... They have zero negative recruiting language they can use against this staff. Chavis was a masterful hire, and we are seeing the defense load up like I can't remember. I mean ever..!

Vcloudv

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 26, 2018, 12:52:50 pm
I don't get it... Why are you arguing? Is there some problem that you have with the recruit personally, or do you just think we should only recruit kids whom YOU believe we will land? I just don't get you man. You are arguing with a bunch of Hogs fans telling them there is NO WAY we will land a recruit who canceled a visit to Florida to come check us out.

We may very well not land him, but why in the world would you not be neutral, if not freaking hopeful, about it if you're an Arkansas fan?

People like him are small, weak minded individuals. He's probably never accomplished anything notable so he doesn't realize that you have to risk failing if you ever want a chance at winning. 

This current staff gets it. We just offered the #1 overall recruit for 2019, we may not land him but we at least have the chance to get him.

farmhawg

Wishful thinking is hoping you go somewhere else.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: farmhawg on January 26, 2018, 01:17:25 pm
Wishful thinking is hoping you go somewhere else.....

If this was the Tavern you could hit that dude with a titty bomb...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

In all seriousness bro you should probably drop Tebow from you moniker and just run with "Hater" or h8r if you want...

duckman

OneTuskOverTheLine™

^^^^^^^^^
That's what I'm talking about... In before trash! Woo Hoo!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 26, 2018, 01:43:55 pm
In all seriousness bro you should probably drop Tebow from you moniker and just run with "Hater" or h8r if you want...
Good call!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli