Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyree Wilson visit (TA&M->TTech->NFL)

Started by Rock1, January 21, 2018, 01:49:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock1

The A&M commit and DE from West Rusk HS, TX.   Keep a eye on him the next few days.  Hearing it is now neck and neck with A&M after his visit to Ark .

jackflash

I hope it us because we need DE with his speed give us another DE beside Agim who can rush the QB

Beardog

Do we know Agim is playing DE in the 4-3 for sure? I only say that because he is very heavy now for an outside rusher. He could lose weight and be disruptive inside but that's just my opinion.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Beardog on January 21, 2018, 06:19:01 pm
Do we know Agim is playing DE in the 4-3 for sure? I only say that because he is very heavy now for an outside rusher. He could lose weight and be disruptive inside but that's just my opinion.

You ever heard of a strong side DE??

Beardog

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 21, 2018, 06:23:58 pm

You ever heard of a strong side DE??

Yes, just remind yourself of the last 2 years in Jerry World and tell me if the DEs from TAMU looked like they'd play DE in a 3-4. I like him but I haven't watched him round the corner vs OT's. Albeit some of that was playing a different role. This was a question that may be stupid but I feel like he'd disrupt in 1 on 1  opportunities with Guards in the middle as the QB attempts to step up in the pocket.  I think this allows for more speed on the field, but just an opinion.

RaisinHog

Maybe but he is only like 280 something that's pretty much normal for strong side ends

RebelW

So since he's heavy right now, that means Coach Tru can't get him leaned up in Ohhhh.. Say... 7 months... Surely

Rock1

Wilson is about 225-230 right now.

ballinhog

Wilson is the #1 guy I want that's left on our board.

Bubba's Bruisers

Who was our last true pass rusher?  The dude who's about to play for his 2nd SB ring?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Beardog

Quote from: RebelW on January 21, 2018, 07:05:06 pm
So since he's heavy right now, that means Coach Tru can't get him leaned up in Ohhhh.. Say... 7 months... Surely

I truly don't get on here to be a Debbie downer. I'll be interested to see how he looks in spring ball for sure.

Back to the topic........

I hope we can get him to commit. Looks like we will have many edge guys to choose from on the hill soon.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2018, 07:59:15 pm
Who was our last true pass rusher?  The dude who's about to play for his 2nd SB ring?

That would be the one. Bert hyped a couple of the current players like they were the 2nd coming of LT. One rarely rushed from his LB spot, the other never saw the field. I guess he SAW the field, but never got on it once the game started..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Hogindasticks

He flipped over when Chavis came over....I am sure he will be a hog.  Cant wait to see some of these QB's see him coming..lol

lookawayquick

When do we expect Wilson to make a public announcement?  Down to two, you would think a choice would be coming soon.  Call those Hogs Tyree.  Stick with the Chief!

imtad16

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 22, 2018, 09:30:32 pm
When do we expect Wilson to make a public announcement?  Down to two, you would think a choice would be coming soon.  Call those Hogs Tyree.  Stick with the Chief!

This Conner Noland tweet makes it sound as if more news is coming soon. My bet is on Wilson.

hawginbigd1

Good question, if I recall Agim played inside 2 years ago in the 4-3.

Flrazrback

We sure need this young man. Agim is a fine player for sure, but we need depth ..

razorpimp

Quote from: imtad16 on January 22, 2018, 10:00:21 pm
This Conner Noland tweet makes it sound as if more news is coming soon. My bet is on Wilson.

Is anyone else glad we got Connor over Gerry?  He's a great young man and is ALL Razorback! 

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Rock1 on January 21, 2018, 01:49:12 pm
The A&M commit and DE from West Rusk HS, TX.   Keep a eye on him the next few days.  Hearing it is now neck and neck with A&M after his visit to Ark .

Tyree Wilson would be a great get! Come be a Hog, Mr. Wilson!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

liljo

Quote from: razorpimp on January 23, 2018, 06:25:21 am
Is anyone else glad we got Connor over Gerry?  He's a great young man and is ALL Razorback!

I'm with you on this one. I'll take a great kid with talent that loves Arkansas over a talented kid who is open to essentially the best deal he can find for himself every time.

I come from a generation in which loyalty means something. I've rooted for the exact same baseball and football teams, without wavering, all my life. I can't judge decisions kids today make, because it is a different time, a different era altogether. Social media driven, the whole world is just wired differently now. Many of these kids today are told how great they are at an early age. Some don't care who they play for, they just want to play. Others want a system they have been led to believe will best showcase their skillsets because they dream of "taking it to the next level" and growing rich through sports. Others, addicted to their fame and the adoration of fans, simply want to go where they feel they have the best chance of continuing to have the spotlight.

But there are also a lot of kids that dream of playing for a particular school. And when those kids are also TALENTED, the school that gets them is truly blessed. I think Conner is a blessing for the Razorbacks program, and that he feels blessed to be a part of it. And I think Gerry Bohanon will likely shine at Baylor.

PS: COME ON TYREE! ! ! WPS!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

JIHawg

Connor will surprise some people.  He ran this offense for what, three years? 

parallaxpig

Quote from: JIHawg on January 23, 2018, 09:18:28 am
Connor will surprise some people.  He ran this offense for what, three years?

He will contend for starting job............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Cure

Nah, Gerry would've fit perfectly, but Connor will get his shot.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

onebadrubi

You won't get much props for this, but in 4-5 years I bet Connor looks better. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Cure on January 23, 2018, 09:28:42 am

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2018, 09:12:00 pm
You won't get much props for this, but in 4-5 years I bet Connor looks better. 

I think it just works out sometimes. Gerry will be as successful as his ability, drive and coaching will take him. The exact same goers for Connor. I believe Gerry wanted to be QB, new he only has 4 years to play and also knows that if he wants to be a QB in the NFL that he will have to play in order to do so. The die was cast by CBB and Enos. I hope people will not blame the kid for trying to live his dream.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

liljo

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 24, 2018, 01:20:12 am
BUT this thread is about Tyree
https://www.hudl.com/profile/5600369/Tyree-Wilson

I love the no-nonsense approach. This kid just makes plays, lines up, and makes more plays. Not a lot of rah rah hey look at me stuff. Just a playmaker.

Man I hope we get him...
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Cure on January 23, 2018, 09:28:42 am
Well Gerry decided not to be a Hog so it doesn't matter . Connor is going too  fit in perfectly and the people of Arkansas  will take care of him after football.
I love off season Football!!

kaki

Jerry Montgomery who was set to move from Green Bay to College Station to be Defensive Line coach, has backed out.  Maybe this will seal the deal on Tyree for the Hogs.

ricepig

Quote from: kaki on January 24, 2018, 02:17:36 pm
Jerry Montgomery who was set to move from Green Bay to College Station to be Defensive Line coach, has backed out.  Maybe this will seal the deal on Tyree for the Hogs.

Terry Price is still there, and his lead recruiter.