Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville and Lamar Jackson

Started by Pig In The City, September 09, 2016, 08:37:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

daprospecta

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 10:53:44 pm
Yes and I bet we are the only team in FBS where a vocal portion of our fan base wants us to lose.
No one wants us to lose. Some of us(myself included) just put a lot of weight in a coach winning football games.

gchamblee

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 09, 2016, 10:54:38 pm
4th dumbest fan base in college football

If we win, they will stand shoulder to shoulder with us sharing in the excitement of a win as an underdog. Their tune will change, until the opportunity presents itself to be ** fans again.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 10:52:06 pm
He didnt coach skipper to trip someone 20 yards away from the play. In fact, nobody coached skipper to do that. Sometimes, your players take the win from you even when you did everything right as a coach. CBB didnt lose last years game against A&M, skipper did.

Oh so games where we lost are players faults not coaching. Only games that Petrino lost are Petrino right?   It didn't happen just 1 time in that game against Texas A&M.  It happen twice. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

razorbacker3

845 yards for Louisville tonight. in fn credable

HiggiePiggy

Well if it's players now.  Then I guess the Ohio state game we lost was actually because of the receivers and the guy that couldn't scoop and score and Ryan mallett.  Not Petrino.   Give it a rest man.  Either both coaches lost the games they shouldn't or is it the players now? 

MojaveJoe

A petrino-hugger? What the hell is that?

Are you supposed to hate Petrino even though he had Arkansas playing at a higher level than anyone since the early Lou Holtz years? Why?

Or vice-versa, are you supposed to hate Bielema because he replaced Petrino? Bielema had zero to do with BP's firing so why would he be blamed for anything that had to do with Petrino?

I just don't get it...I posted a thread that said I missed BP. I even mentioned I didn't hate BB, but it went straight to Vents/Rumors. You people are psycho - would the thread have been moved if I said I missed Broyles? Or Nolan?

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Hogarusa

Louisville- 40 passes for 431 yards, 40 runs for 413 yards. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HiggiePiggy

So who here has said they hope we lose this weekend?  I'm pretty sure a lot of the people in here that like BP are still hoping we win every game. Why? Because in the end we are razorback fans first.

gchamblee

rtr

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 10:52:06 pm
He didnt coach skipper to trip someone 20 yards away from the play. In fact, nobody coached skipper to do that. Sometimes, your players take the win from you even when you did everything right as a coach. CBB didnt lose last years game against A&M, skipper did.
Blaming a player who has given blood and guts for Arkansas.  How low can you go?
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

gchamblee

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 09, 2016, 11:00:19 pm
Well if it's players now.  Then I guess the Ohio state game we lost was actually because of the receivers and the guy that couldn't scoop and score and Ryan mallett.  Not Petrino.   Give it a rest man.  Either both coaches lost the games they shouldn't or is it the players now?

bingo

rtr

gchamblee

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 09, 2016, 11:03:02 pm
So who here has said they hope we lose this weekend?  I'm pretty sure a lot of the people in here that like BP are still hoping we win every game. Why? Because in the end we are razorback fans first.

Who has said they enjoy mediocrity?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:04:23 pm
bingo

Well in that case we shouldn't ever complain about coaches then. I mean obviously they don't do anything as far as practice or anything with these players to get them prepared mentally and physically for games.  The players are already that way right?....

AirForceHog

To me the problem is folks are jumping ship after 1 game. Spewing vitriol because the first game wasn't a blow out. Yes there were issues but it was a win and tomorrow is another game.

gchamblee

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 09, 2016, 11:08:52 pm
Well in that case we shouldn't ever complain about coaches then. I mean obviously they don't do anything as far as practice or anything with these players to get them prepared mentally and physically for games.  The players are already that way right?....

sigh, wrong. coaches can absolutely lose games for you. is this really too complicated for you?

gchamblee

Quote from: AirForceHog on September 09, 2016, 11:09:17 pm
To me the problem is folks are jumping ship after 1 game. Spewing vitriol because the first game wasn't a blow out. Yes there were issues but it was a win and tomorrow is another game.

Those folks were never on the ship. They swim alongside the ship mocking people that are still on it.

factchecker

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:11:14 pm
Those folks were never on the ship. They swim alongside the ship mocking people that are still on it.

They don't swim alongside the ship they man a submarine firing torpedos at the ship.  They burn trucks and ridicule anyone who is a fan of the program vs. a fan of a coach.  They would love nothing more than for the Razorback athletic department to collapse.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:07:27 pm

Who has said they want the Hogs to lose?

rtr

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 09, 2016, 10:12:37 pm
And out talented too.  Usually way out talented.  BP is showing something just keeping it close for 3 quarters.  FSU should win going away just on talent alone.  Jackson is the only guy that can keep it respectable.

Robert has a few players that are on the same talent level of FSU (also Clemson).  The problem though for Robert is that he has to try to make up the difference thru scheme/scheming (he tries via offensive scheme/scheming; he seems to not really care about good Defense).

As Robert rudely found out in Tuscaloosa in 2011 and in Baton Rouge in 2011, scheme/scheming will only get you so far.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on September 09, 2016, 11:15:30 pm
Who has said they want the Hogs to lose?

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on September 09, 2016, 11:14:16 pm
They don't swim alongside the ship they man a submarine firing torpedos at the ship.  They burn trucks and ridicule anyone who is a fan of the program vs. a fan of a coach.  They would love nothing more than for the Razorback athletic department to collapse.

ya, that is a more accurate analogy than mine was. depending on my mood it affects me differently. some days i get really angry with them. some days i laugh at them. some days i ignore them and some days i look for them so that i can troll them.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:17:59 pm

Well we all must. We are razorback fans. lol. 

BigSexyHog

Say what you will either way.  Louisville was impressive tonight and CBP has them rolling.   If they beat FSU next weekend then they could roll through the season.   Still hate that he did what he did and Arkansas did the right thing.   Let me say it again, Arkansas did the right thing.  Now let's go kick the shyt out of TCU.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

AirForceHog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 09, 2016, 11:20:05 pm
Say what you will either way.  Louisville was impressive tonight and CBP has them rolling.   If they beat FSU next weekend then they could roll through the season.   Still hate that he did what he did and Arkansas did the right thing.   Let me say it again, Arkansas did the right thing.  Now let's go kick the shyt out of TCU.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! GO HOGS!

Derjen

I'm satisfied with the coach we have, but don't pretend CBP wasn't getting job done. We were ONE away from playing for a NC.

rtr

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 09, 2016, 11:17:05 pm
Robert has a few players that are on the same talent level of FSU (also Clemson).  The problem though for Robert is that he has to try to make up the difference thru scheme/scheming (he tries via offensive scheme/scheming; he seems to not really care about good Defense).

As Robert rudely found out in Tuscaloosa in 2011 and in Baton Rouge in 2011, scheme/scheming will only get you so far.
He is at Louisville, he has to outscheme FSU.  He cannot hope to out recruit them.  So what is your point?

HiggiePiggy

It's still going to be tough for Louisville even if they beat Florida state.  Right now looking at their schedule they are facing 3 top 10 teams as of rankings right now.   Clemson #2 Florida State I believe #3 and Houston #6.  2 of those games will be on the road.  Clemson and Houston. 

hog19911

Louisville looked really sloppy tonight and still won by 5 touchdowns. He's an elite coach and you're blind if you don't see that.

Beat TCU tomorrow and no one will care.

gchamblee

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 09, 2016, 11:20:05 pm

They were impressive because they are a quad of talented skill positions playing against darn teams for 2 weeks in a row. If they do it to FSU next week, I will be impressed. My acknowledgement of impression is unbiased. Lamar is the real deal though, that kid is a baller.

rtr

Gosh, I hope we win tomorrow night.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: rtr on September 09, 2016, 11:22:03 pm
He is at Louisville, he has to outscheme FSU.  He cannot hope to out recruit them.  So what is your point?

My point is Robert's method is flawed.  He needs to recruit better.

The problem for Robert though is that his personality is abrasive, and his personality is not conducive to achieve better recruiting.

Robert is basically stuck in a vicious cycle.

gchamblee

Quote from: rtr on September 09, 2016, 11:22:03 pm

dont get your panties in a twist there petrino hugger... he wasnt attacking your coach, he was merely observing his lack of commitment to defense, which is an accurate observation.

rtr

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:27:20 pm
dont get your panties in a twist there petrino hugger... he wasnt attacking your coach, he was merely observing his lack of commitment to defense, which is an accurate observation.
You are not very astute. 

BigSexyHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:23:33 pm
They were impressive because they are a quad of talented skill positions playing against darn teams for 2 weeks in a row. If they do it to FSU next week, I will be impressed. My acknowledgement of impression is unbiased. Lamar is the real deal though, that kid is a baller.

Say what you want.  They are a very good team.  CBP is a (p)rick but he can coach. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

gchamblee

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 09, 2016, 11:30:31 pm
Say what you want.  They are a very good team.  CBP is a (p)rick but he can coach.

I have never claimed the man cant coach. He is a top tier offensive coach. As a head coach, he just doesn't place the same value on a defensive unit as responsible head coaches. If you could be a HC and choose CBP as your OC and Saban as your DC, you would probably be undefeated until you retired. Problem is, CBP is a HC.

Edit: He may be changing though, because he is paying Gran from Georgia a decent salary to be his DC. I felt that was an indication that he might be starting to see the error in his philosophy.

rtr

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:34:24 pm
I have never claimed the man cant coach. He is a top tier offensive coach. As a head coach, he just doesn't place the same value on a defensive unit as responsible head coaches. If you could be a HC and choose CBP as your OC and Saban as your DC, you would probably be undefeated until you retired. Problem is, CBP is a HC.
And he wins.

gchamblee

rtr

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:37:03 pm
not against really good teams.
Hell, I just want to beat the not very good teams.

gchamblee

Quote from: rtr on September 09, 2016, 11:37:57 pm
Hell, I just want to beat the not very good teams.

we did last week, your crew was not happy

rtr

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:38:37 pm
we did last week, your crew was not happy
Actually, LSU in 2010 was a very good team, So was South Carolina in 2009. 2010. 2011.  Just saying.

thebignasty

I don't get dudes who are pissed we fired a coach who gave a press conference where he lied about the circumstances of a motorcycle wreck in an attempt cover up stuff. Sucks that he did it- be pissed at him.

upperdeck_hawg

I guess the question for everyone is do we wish he wold have never gotten on a motorcycle one fateful day?
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

rtr

Quote from: thebignasty on September 09, 2016, 11:41:20 pm
I don't get dudes who are pissed we fired a coach who gave a press conference where he lied about the circumstances of a motorcycle wreck in an attempt cover up stuff. Sucks that he did it- be pissed at him.
I am, I just don't like the revisionist and inaccurate history being spouted.

wachhog

gchamblee

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on September 09, 2016, 11:43:32 pm
I guess the question for everyone is do we wish he wold have never gotten on a motorcycle one fateful day?

naa, wish he would have never had the affair and lied about it. getting caught is not the part i regret.

rtr

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on September 09, 2016, 11:43:32 pm
Brent Musberger called it. ;D

rude1

Quote from: daprospecta on September 09, 2016, 10:48:58 pm
The BCS was around for about 18 years. We played in one BCS bowl and Bobby delivered that. I understand why he was fired but don't try to downplay the significance of that Sugar Bowl.

This^^. And let's be honest, this only comes up because CBB hasn't produced and doesn't appear ready to produce any time soon, equal results that BP did while he was here. You can excuse it any way you choose, but those are the facts as it stands right now.