Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN let go of the rope

Started by runninrazorback, September 26, 2017, 08:45:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

runninrazorback

Not predicted to be in a bowl. 

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

hogcard1964

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

They could be right.  We have no competitionn in having the weakest mental attitude of anyone we play.  We will beat only those teams that we outclass so much the players could just sort throw together themselves and go win.  When it takes mental toughness to win, our chances go to near zero.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: 12247 on September 26, 2017, 10:30:04 am
They could be right.  We have no competitionn in having the weakest mental attitude of anyone we play.  We will beat only those teams that we outclass so much the players could just sort throw together themselves and go win.  When it takes mental toughness to win, our chances go to near zero.

Yup...It's been said before, if the coaches had some fire and a little bit of craziness on the sideline then the players will take on the identity of their leadership...Those of you whom are Vets can relate.  If your leadership carries a certain attitude, the troops will 90% take on that trait and perform in kind.

welchog

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 26, 2017, 10:42:12 am
Yup...It's been said before, if the coaches had some fire and a little bit of craziness on the sideline then the players will take on the identity of their leadership...Those of you whom are Vets can relate.  If your leadership carries a certain attitude, the troops will 90% take on that trait and perform in kind.

And that other 10% you typically had to deal with a different way...

island hog

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 26, 2017, 10:42:12 am
by all accounts and from what I've seen on the sidelines, Rhoads in no cream puff... he's loud and appears to be no non-sense

Seebs

5-7 teams make bowls now. I seent it.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hogwild

Quote from: Seebs on September 26, 2017, 11:20:27 am
5-7 teams make bowls now. I seent it.

But those teams are 10th in their conference in APR. 

HawgnCorona

Do we need to embarrass ourselves beyond the regular season in 2017?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Sed76

I noticed on Saturday when the team was coming out of the tunnel after halftime there was absolutely no fire at all. They showed it on the big screen and the players looked like they were at a funeral. And they were still up at that point on the scoreboard. Just don't get it.

johnny cash

al_pigcino