Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Gragg

Started by trashcan maN, January 29, 2014, 03:32:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

@W_Gragg7 : I will be in Tuscaloosa this weekend. #RollTide

Gonna be a fun year for recruiting. Lots of sought after in-state guys. WPS

secneahog

Love to see the instate kids blowing up.
Gonna be nice to snag Gragg.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Bubba's Bruisers

Gragg and Hill.  They will make the process interesting.  No clue about them
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RazorPiggie

Good thing we have 3 that actually want to be Hogs.

1highhog

Good to see our inState guys getting the recognition they deserve, but in the end, I hope we can steer them all to the hill to be future Razorback stars. WPS!

Razorhawg09

We're dragging our feet on Pettway and Bama is about to drop an offer on him.

OLDHOG

Quote from: 1highhog on January 29, 2014, 03:39:09 pm
Good to see our inState guys getting the recognition they deserve, but in the end, I hope we can steer them all to the hill to be future Razorback stars. WPS!
I'm sorry What did u say. I couldn't concentrate any anything except your avatar. Just sayin, DANG!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: 1highhog on January 29, 2014, 03:39:09 pm

Sorry but for some reason every time you post the only thing on my mind .....OH Canada!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: OLDHOG on January 29, 2014, 03:56:52 pm
I'm sorry What did u say. I couldn't concentrate any anything except your avatar. Just sayin, DANG!

Great minds!??? +1

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on January 29, 2014, 03:48:31 pm

Offering Frazier and Tennpenny early didn't help. Heck we didnt offer Storey earlier than Bam and he still committed.

Good news is Storey has a good relationship with Gragg.

trashcan maN

The feeling I get from people more in the know than me is that we have a great shot with Gragg. Seems like Hill and Pettway are total wildcards.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 29, 2014, 03:58:51 pm
Offering Frazier and Tennpenny early didn't help. Heck we didnt offer Storey earlier than Bam and he still committed.

Good news is Storey has a good relationship with Gragg.

Gragg seems to have a friendship with a few of the 2015 Kids. Hopefully he will see it as an opportunity to do what his brother, Wright and Childs did.

YodaHog

Gragg tweets a lot about how proud he is to be from Arkansas, Arkansas Made, etc. so we seem to have that going for us.

secneahog

This class could be LOADED with instate kids. Nice to see this come around ever so often.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

MP24

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy  42m 
Pine Bluff junior TE Will Gragg  reports receiveing an offer from LSU. @W_Gragg7

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

trashcan maN

I think Daytrieon Dean could be a bigtime in-state kid too. He showed out at camp this year.

The_Boot_stops_here

agreed...make the offer

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: kj0N on January 29, 2014, 04:41:39 pm
I think Daytrieon Dean could be a bigtime in-state kid too. He showed out at camp this year.

he'll be a Hog...he's a self proclaimed lifelong Hog fan

wholehog92

Quote from: kj0N on January 29, 2014, 04:41:39 pm

No idea what the hold up is on either kid.  Talent is there and it makes me question things I shouldn't without other cause.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ricepig

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 29, 2014, 04:49:41 pm
No idea what the hold up is on either kid.  Talent is there and it makes me question things I shouldn't without other cause.
Dean has an offer, don't know the hold up on Pettway.

ml2200

Chaney went to see Pettway this week.  Seemed like a good time to offer but nothing yet. 

passinghog

I feel very confident about Gragg being a hog. Very rarely do you see the sibling of a player that had a very successful career not follow in his footsteps. In this case, you have 3 successful guys in his ear for the hogs. If Chris, Jay, and Greg would've been screwed in Fayetteville, okay yes, but they were great razorbacks. People want to try to make the system argument, but even though those guys put up numbers under Petrino, but then you see the #s HH put up this year as a freshman TE. Gragg is just enjoying the process of being recruited.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 29, 2014, 10:25:24 pm
I feel very confident about Gragg being a hog. Very rarely do you see the sibling of a player that had a very successful career not follow in his footsteps. In this case, you have 3 successful guys in his ear for the hogs. If Chris, Jay, and Greg would've been screwed in Fayetteville, okay yes, but they were great razorbacks. People want to try to make the system argument, but even though those guys put up numbers under Petrino, but then you see the #s HH put up this year as a freshman TE. Gragg is just enjoying the process of being recruited.
I'm assuming that Mr. Gragg has also taken very close notes on the start that one Mr. Henry had at TE this past season on the Hill. Something like freshman all american seems to stick in my mind.

trashcan maN

Is Gragg a sure fire TE, or could get grow into a T? I've never seen him play

the_kosher_pig

Has anyone watched Gragg play?  I still say they are recruiting him on potential or camp results.  I've watched him play 6 or 7 times and I'm not sure he's even averaging a catch per game in those.  He doesn't really seem to get open.  He's a tremendous blocker though. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on January 30, 2014, 08:14:25 am
Has anyone watched Gragg play?  I still say they are recruiting him on potential or camp results.  I've watched him play 6 or 7 times and I'm not sure he's even averaging a catch per game in those.  He doesn't really seem to get open.  He's a tremendous blocker though.
He's not really a flex or get up the seam TE so he's not gonna put up a lot of numbers at a high school in Arkansas. Bama is a major threat for him. I'd say its 50/50 at this point. I feel better that he hasn't pledge to them already because that's what he said he was going to do as soon as they offered.

the_kosher_pig

He has a team around him that could get him open in the seam.  He's a better athlete than almost EVERY one he went against on the other side of the ball.  I think he has potential I'm just saying he hasn't really put the product on the field he's capable of.  Hope he gets it together in college though. 
He does remind me a lot of Smelley.  He plays a lot bigger than he is when he's blocking.  If anything he has a monster frame that could grow into a tackle. 

NLRHog92

Kid's attitude kind of reminds me of Josh Frazier...

Trm123

Quote from: NLRHog92 on January 30, 2014, 10:15:37 am

I think the opposite Gragg has "Arkansas Made" tattooed on to him, always saying hes proud to be from Arkansas and his role models were his bro and Childs and Wright while at Arkansas. Frazier couldn't wait to say he wasn't actually from Arkansas and he was more of a USC fan. I think Gragg is enjoying the process while building the relationships at the end of it I see him being a Razorback next September.

ifghog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on January 30, 2014, 10:15:37 am
He isn't from NW AR...we usually get the Central,AR guys and south for football. I think he comes here in the end. It will prob go down to the wire. It is hard for anyone to turn down a Bama offer unless you grew up loving Auburn!

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on January 30, 2014, 08:14:25 am

You ever see his brother play? He was a skinny wide receiver probably a good 50 pounds lighter than he was as a Hog. Good HS player, but no way you could have predicted he'd be a Mackey candidate and a Buffalo Bill while he was at Warren. Heck, you wouldn't have even predicted he'd be a tight end.

That's not picking on Chris either, he's an awesome kid who had a really nice high school career despite being overshadowed by Wright and Childs...just sayin you often never realize the potential some of these kids have until they reach it, and it's clear a lot of people see a lot of potential in him.

hawgdavis

Got to close the borders. The top guys must be kept home. You want to know why UGA cant quiet get over the top. Too many of the top guys go out of state to places like FSU, Awbarn, Tenner, Bama and so on. It blows my mind that they cant keep them in Ga. Its a must to get the home grown studs.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on January 30, 2014, 09:26:29 pm
You ever see his brother play? He was a skinny wide receiver probably a good 50 pounds lighter than he was as a Hog. Good HS player, but no way you could have predicted he'd be a Mackey candidate and a Buffalo Bill while he was at Warren. Heck, you wouldn't have even predicted he'd be a tight end.

That's not picking on Chris either, he's an awesome kid who had a really nice high school career despite being overshadowed by Wright and Childs...just sayin you often never realize the potential some of these kids have until they reach it, and it's clear a lot of people see a lot of potential in him.
That was the exactly opposite when he played.  Chris was a stud at Warren.  He looked as fast as Jarius when he was out there.  He had speed for days and stretched the field.  If he hadn't put the weight on as a TE he would have been just as good 10 pounds lighter and a big receiver like Childs. 
I said I hope Will turns it on.  But I've watched him the past two years and he barely got open, let alone was a play maker. 
He almost blew the Greenwood game playing around on punts too. 

WPSFromFS

I've talked to Dean on several occassions and i am 100% sure he will be a hog.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: WPSFromFS on January 31, 2014, 07:25:31 am
I've talked to Dean on several occassions and i am 100% sure he will be a hog.

Dean?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

trashcan maN

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on January 31, 2014, 07:34:21 am
Dean?
Daytrieon Dean, 6'3' 250 lb. DE out of Fort Smith. Very high 3* right now and will probably get his fourth star next year. He had an outstanding camp at Fayetteville, got an offer from Ole Miss and will likely get a few more SEC offers before it's done.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: kj0N on January 31, 2014, 07:38:11 am
Daytrieon Dean, 6'3' 250 lb. DE out of Fort Smith. Very high 3* right now and will probably get his fourth star next year. He had an outstanding camp at Fayetteville, got an offer from Ole Miss and will likely get a few more SEC offers before it's done.
That's great to hear. :D  Love hearing about these 250 pounders popping up all over the state. 

redeye

Quote from: hawgdavis on January 30, 2014, 09:37:05 pm
Got to close the borders. The top guys must be kept home. You want to know why UGA cant quiet get over the top. Too many of the top guys go out of state to places like FSU, Awbarn, Tenner, Bama and so on. It blows my mind that they cant keep them in Ga. Its a must to get the home grown studs.

Disagree.  UGA loses a lot of instate recruits, but they couldn't sign all the great ones if they wanted, because Georgia has so many (not just in Georgia, mind you, but all around the region.)  Georgia is in as good a position as anyone in the nation for signing top recruits and they always get a good share of them.  Richt is a good coach, but he's not great and that's why Georgia can't get over the hump.  Coaching has always been the problem at Georgia.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: kj0N on January 31, 2014, 07:38:11 am

Oh yeah we all knew that. I thought he was referring to someone in Graggs camp.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: redeye on January 31, 2014, 08:50:08 am
Disagree.  UGA loses a lot of instate recruits, but they couldn't sign all the great ones if they wanted, because Georgia has so many (not just in Georgia, mind you, but all around the region.)  Georgia is in as good a position as anyone in the nation for signing top recruits and they always get a good share of them.  Richt is a good coach, but he's not great and that's why Georgia can't get over the hump.  Coaching has always been the problem at Georgia.
Sometimes a program just needs a fresh set of ideas.  A lot of coaches get burned out (Tuberville at Auburn) and just need to be shown the door to get that fire back.  Richt will probably get terminated and pop up a decent level school somewhere and be successful. 

Wildhog

We'll probably lose Will and KJ.

Wish we'd go ahead and offer O'Grady and Pettway.  We will, eventually, anyway.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on January 31, 2014, 07:15:49 am
That was the exactly opposite when he played.  Chris was a stud at Warren.  He looked as fast as Jarius when he was out there.  He had speed for days and stretched the field.  If he hadn't put the weight on as a TE he would have been just as good 10 pounds lighter and a big receiver like Childs. 
I said I hope Will turns it on.  But I've watched him the past two years and he barely got open, let alone was a play maker. 
He almost blew the Greenwood game playing around on punts too.

Disagree. Chris was a really good player in high school, but he did not look in the same class as Childs or Wright, and nothing about his game said he was going to be an NFL tight end. He matured and grew into everything he was on The Hill.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Wildhog on January 31, 2014, 09:52:47 am

I've heard the total opposite about Gragg. I lean your way on KJ though. Will be lucky to grab him.

PorkRinds

Quote from: kj0N on January 31, 2014, 02:35:34 pm
I've heard the total opposite about Gragg. I lean your way on KJ though. Will be lucky to grab him.

I honestly think both guys will depend ALOT on how we do next season.  If they can see that they have a chance to win here and be hometown heroes, I think they will stay.  If it looks like they would be hometown heroes that LOSE at Arkansas, I think you'll see them go elsewhere.  Some kids want to play at home just because it's home. Others would love to consider it, but only if they can win here.

hawgdavis

Redeye I live just outside of Athens and know for a fact that UGA loses out on 5 to 7 of the top 10 players in the state every year and these are guys that they really do want and are the difference makers that they need, I do agree however that Mark is maybe not the guy mainly in IMHO he is to nice and to loyal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 31, 2014, 09:52:47 am

Don't give up on Gragg.  And isn't Pettway from Bama?  If so, then it'll probably be an uphill battle for him.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

passinghog

Stop worrying about Gragg

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: Showtimehog on February 01, 2014, 06:46:13 pm
Stop worrying about Gragg
This is Hogville man!  Worrying about in state recruits leaving is what we do.

YodaHog

Gragg tweeted he will be releasing his top 5 tonight by the hour starting at 6.

SwineSalesman

Quote from: YodaHog on February 03, 2014, 02:11:47 pm
Gragg tweeted he will be releasing his top 5 tonight by the hour starting at 6.
I'm gonna guess
Bama, Ole Miss,  :razorback:, Lville, and maybe LSU(?)