Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I shot a doe today that...

Started by Hawgon, November 28, 2008, 05:53:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

still was producing a little milk.  Wierd!  Has anyone ever done this?  I hope I didn't orphan a fawn.  She had another deer with her, but I think it was as big as she was.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure wasn't bred already.

clifflee4mvp

yeah, it's not uncommon for them to still be producing milk. I have shot a couple including one this year and I have seen her two yearlings and they are big enough to fend for themselves.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Whiskey River

Most of the ones we have killed in at our camp still have milk. I saved some for my fruit loops the other day.   ;)
This species has amused itself to death...

DeltaBoy

Don't worry and enjoy some good eating.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.