Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UFC on Fox - Great fights free tonight

Started by Pig in the Pokey, January 25, 2014, 07:12:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Man, there were some awesome prelims on Fox Sports One and now the beasts go to work on Fox. Love it!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

yraciv

Gave away my ticket. I like UFC alright, just the card underwhelmed me, and I'm really not a Benson Henderson fan. I'm tuned in though.

Pigdiana Jones

Must be a dead period for football or something
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: yraciv on January 25, 2014, 07:16:18 pm
Gave away my ticket. I like UFC alright, just the card underwhelmed me, and I'm really not a Benson Henderson fan. I'm tuned in though.
benson might get beat. the lil pettis vs bruce leroy fight was fantastic.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

pigsooie4life

I've always wondered how hogville has a page dedicated to wrestling, but not one for mma. I've been a huge mma fan since 2003. This is asports fforum and wrestling isn't even a sport for crying out loud.

jizzohn

pigsooie4life

Yeah, that was good to see. His last two fights he has looked really good.

hvsupastar

Haven't seen a UFC thread in a while. I got BHendo by decision in the main event
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

pigsooie4life

I think Thompson will get it done. I'm stoked for the texiara-jones fight. Have been for awhile. Everyone laughs at me, but I think Glover is gonna win that fight and win it decidedly. He is a beast. Jones has never fought anyone like him.

hvsupastar

Chuck Liddell has been saying for years Teixera would be the champ at 205. But Jones might put him on his back for 25 minutes.

If Jones wins, outside of a possible match with Cormier, Jones has cleaned out lhw. I never thought that would happen
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

pigsooie4life

I think putting him on his back is the worst thing Jones could do. His best chance imo is to stay outside. But, I'm no where near a professional either. I just know it should be a great fight, possibly early foty candidate

pigsooie4life

Speaking of great fights, this Thompson- Henderson fight is turning into a pretty good one.

pigsooie4life

Speaking of great fights, this Thompson- Henderson fight is turning into a pretty good one.

hvsupastar

Thompson hand being broke took a lot of Thunder out of this one.

10thPlanet

pigsooie4life

I kinda feel sorry for Thompson. He fought a hell of a fight. That injury was just bad luck. Not taking anything away from bendo though. He is a great fighter too

hvsupastar

A lot of people feeling Thompson got the shift. I didn't see I that way but I'll rewatch it tomorrow

Boll Hawg

I used to get really excited for these free fight nights.  That was back when they'd only show one every few months.  It seems like there's free fights of some variety every weekend now.  And most don't have very good cards.  The MMA market is becoming oversaturated.   
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

pigsooie4life

They do have a lot of fights on fox now. It doesn't bother me, but then again I'm a huge fan. Some friends and I always alternate who buys the ppv's and then others come over for a watch party. The ufc in particular has just recently started getting main stream recognition as a sport. I don't blame them for trying to capitalize on that, but I agree that they over saturate the market at times. Even with their ppv's.