Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There are 3 Texas teams from the old SWC coming to Baum this season.

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 09, 2018, 12:06:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

There are 3 teams from Texas that were part of the old SWC when the Hogs were still in that conference that are coming to Baum this season to play a total of 7 games. Which team do you want to beat the most?

Texas Longhorns-(Big12 now) pre-season Rank #14- plays 2 games on March 13th and 14th.
21 (26.6%)
Texas Tech Red Raiders-(Big12 now) pre-season Rank #3- plays 2 games on April 24th and 25th.
5 (6.3%)
Texas A&M Aggies-(SEC now) pre-season #9- plays 3 games on May 11th, 12th, 13th.
27 (34.2%)
Equally all 3.
26 (32.9%)
Frito pie
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: February 21, 2018, 12:06:23 am

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Tech Tech Red Raiders are the highest ranked of the 3 teams in pre-season. They are the last Out-Of-Conference team we play this season. It's a mid-week series on Tuesday and Wednesday. They look really tough again this year. They finished tied for 1st in the Big12 last season with TCU and ended with a #7 RPI.

Texas A&M Aggies are pre-season picked 2nd in the SEC West behind the Hogs. They are the next to last SEC conference series for us this year. They are picked anywhere from 9th to 33rd in the national polls. The Aggies are quickly becoming one of my most easiest teams to want to beat in any SEC sports.

Texas Longhorns. There is a reason this  ::hornsdown:: is available on Hogville. They finished 6th in the Big12 last season , but should be better this year. They are our last OOC series before we start SEC play. National polls have them from 14th to 26th.

For me, it was a close pick between the Aggies and the Longhorns. The Aggies are quickly closing the gap of being my least liked team from Texas.

I picked the Longhorns as the team I most want to beat, but just barely over the Aggies from the SEC.

MissippHog

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

CJ HOG

I'll take 5-2 right now, if it includes a sweep of the aggies...

HogFansReunited

Beating the Aggies is most important because it is a conference game but I want us to win all 3 equally.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

flippinhogmana

obviously I want all three!  but i want the aggies more of the three because they are in our conference.  Most of us detest UT with a purple passion and taking them down would be the sweetest in one way, but it wouldnt count as much in real terms as taking down the aggies.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hoghappy

Let's just beat them all. The Longhorns have been better historically, so beating them might gain brownie points from wherever.

dotnet

Quote from: hoghappy on February 09, 2018, 01:06:08 pm
Let's just beat them all. The Longhorns have been better historically, so beating them might gain brownie points from wherever.

For what its worth, baseball people are usually smarter than that (unlike say, football). 

I think Tceh and A&M have been to multiple CWS since texas.  I think the people who matter - voters and selection committee - will be aware.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: dotnet on February 09, 2018, 03:54:50 pm
For what its worth, baseball people are usually smarter than that (unlike say, football). 

I think Tceh and A&M have been to multiple CWS since texas.  I think the people who matter - voters and selection committee - will be aware.

Yeah we had some real geniuses in charge of college baseball when they totally took offense out of the game for those few years.

SPAL

I picked Tech.....just because it's a huge non con win against a CWS type team. We will see where we stack up.

pigture perfect

I have always hated Texas. The whole state. I would visit, but would never live there. That said, beat them all, especially ..... just beat them all.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BroyledNutts

Tech for the RPI ... A&M for the conference ... Texas ...

Well ...

Just 'cause they need their asses kicked.

gustofwind

like someone said earlier, I think 5-2 w/sweep of TAM would be about as good as you could do but more importantly it would put a lock on the post season hosting(assuming conference goes well).

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

woodhog14

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 09, 2018, 12:06:23 am
Tech Tech Red Raiders are the highest ranked of the 3 teams in pre-season. They are the last Out-Of-Conference team we play this season. It's a mid-week series on Tuesday and Wednesday. They look really tough again this year. They finished tied for 1st in the Big12 last season with TCU and ended with a #7 RPI.

Texas A&M Aggies are pre-season picked 2nd in the SEC West behind the Hogs. They are the next to last SEC conference series for us this year. They are picked anywhere from 9th to 33rd in the national polls. The Aggies are quickly becoming one of my most easiest teams to want to beat in any SEC sports.

Texas Longhorns. There is a reason this  ::hornsdown:: is available on Hogville. They finished 6th in the Big12 last season , but should be better this year. They are our last OOC series before we start SEC play. National polls have them from 14th to 26th.

For me, it was a close pick between the Aggies and the Longhorns. The Aggies are quickly closing the gap of being my least liked team from Texas.

I picked the Longhorns as the team I most want to beat, but just barely over the Aggies from the SEC.
Texas A&M because those games matter in the conference standings and they also matter for us to win an SEC Championship.

The other 2 teams don't mean as much.

island hog

Pudgepork

I always wanna beat Texas but I changed it to aggies.  I want the conference wins