Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Preseason Coaches Poll Released

Started by jbell96, February 08, 2018, 12:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbell96

http://www.secsports.com/article/22367243/florida-picked-win-2018-sec-baseball-championship

Hog Highlights from the rankings

Picked to win the West, narrowly edged out by Florida for 1st overall.

Koch first team, Biggers, Fletcher, & Knight on the 2nd team.

dotnet

There were multiple SEC starting pitchers on national all american teams by D1 Baseball/baseball american ahead of Knight, who did not make the SEC coach's pre season all conference team and Knight did. 

While I think the coaches probably know best, I also think it really means all of these guys are really good and Knight is as good as any of them. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on February 09, 2018, 10:29:48 am
There were multiple SEC starting pitchers on national all american teams by D1 Baseball/baseball american ahead of Knight, who did not make the SEC coach's pre season all conference team and Knight did. 

While I think the coaches probably know best, I also think it really means all of these guys are really good and Knight is as good as any of them.
The SEC has an insane amount of top tier pitching talent draft eligible this year.  Florida has Kowar and Singer.  We have Knight and Campbell as well as McKinney who has elite talent.  Auburn has Mize.  Ole Miss has Rollison.  Mississippi State has Pilkington.  Kentucky has Hjelle.

I also think that Bonfield and Shaddy have excellent arguments that they should have been included on the preseason teams.  Shaddy's stats are superior to Vance who made the 1st team for everything but BA and I think everyone would agree that Shaddy underperformed at the plate last year.  Bonfield also had similar stats as Curry at Georgia (don't understand his love) or Schwarz at Florida for DH.