Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SC Game Thread? Does anyone care

Started by HeathHateMe, February 04, 2006, 02:14:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeathHateMe

This is the first time I've never seen a game thread.  Has it gotten that bad.  With 2 pts. scored in first 5 min. Maybe it has
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

HeathHateMe

Now they score 7 points in less than a minute. GO figure
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

HeathHateMe

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller, Bueller, Frye

Josef

CiriusPorker

I do, but several people are in the chatroom instead of a thread..

cobbshogs

HeathHateMe

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 04, 2006, 02:23:45 pm
I do, but several people are in the chatroom instead of a thread..

There's usually always someone doing play by play and bitchin in a thread.  I was just about to start some serious bitching but the've been doing better since the 15 minute mark

CiriusPorker

maybe we won't lose this double digit lead

HeathHateMe

How about putting McCurdy in for the last 5 minutes just to see what he can do.

CiriusPorker

..how about we put in Cyrus McGowan to see what he can do.

Tater Salad

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 04, 2006, 02:29:01 pm

Sounds good to me

CiriusPorker

this is the slowest moving game thread we've had in a while

Tater Salad

if jefferson picks up his dribble one more time im gonna go insane

HeathHateMe

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 04, 2006, 02:29:01 pm

I'm all for it.  At best this team in one and done in the NCAA and at worst an NIT team.  Ferguson is a senior and so is Jefferson.  They aren't going to develop any more as players and they aren't going to be able to do a damn thing for us next year.  There was a post earlier in the week equating McCurdy to Casey Dick.  I agree.  The fans are wanting it and the coach is too damn stupid or stubborn to do it until it's too late.  Houston starts CD a few games earlier and who knows, maybe a bowl.  Stan get's McCurdy into the mix sooner and maybe this team cut's it's loss total in half.

CplHawg

I care, and they are playing well. Lets hope they hold up in the second half.

HeathHateMe

Our guys are playing OK, but SC is just awful.  Beating the SC's and Ole Miss's of the world is good but it tells me nothing about the team. 

Tater Salad

At least we're not playing down to the competition

HeathHateMe

God bless Jonathan "Pookie" Modica.  After he graduates Stan should send him half his paycheck.  That's a Nolan recruit saving your job you Jack A$$.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 04, 2006, 02:27:42 pm
maybe we won't lose this double digit lead

Getting that familiar feeling again...hope it doesn't happen
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

pfrg999

Man... If they do this in the 2nd half we will win by 40...IF
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HeathHateMe

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 04, 2006, 02:36:28 pm
At least we're not playing down to the competition

I agree but I think that is step 1 in the rebuilding process that we should have reached last year at the latest.  Step 2 would be occassionally or on a semi regular basis beating teams you shouldn't beat like Fla, KY, etc.  Step 3 is then being the team that is favored most of the time and winning those games.

Boarcephus

Hogs up 36-16 and hardly a soul on here.   Cold as hell up here in Fayetteville so I know folks aren't outside.  Guess many have given up.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Boarcephus

I just turned the game on...has McCurdy played?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HeathHateMe

Man if we wouldn't have f'd around in the first 5 minutes we would be on a 100 pt clip.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HeathHateMe

Great job Stan give McCurdy that valuable minute and a half of experience.

pfrg999

Oh crap Up by 18... Been here before

HeathHateMe

OK pookie we are up by 20 you don't have to jack it up every time.

akp4105

we're 1 of 2 of the most athletic teams in the SEC along with LSU..we should be beating everyone by this much...we get up on everyone and cant keep a lead..we keep leads and we win the SEC..too bad thats a far fetch now..maybe we'll learn by SEC tourney time and we can win that

HogCards88

Quote from: HeathHateMe on February 04, 2006, 02:43:43 pm
Good gracious man! We're up by 18, and you're complaining about McCurdy!

Tater Salad

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 04, 2006, 02:46:10 pm
Oh crap Up by 18... Been here before

Even if we do keep the lead and win big im not convinced we've turned the corner

HeathHateMe

Final Spread Predictions

Hogs win by 5 or less
Hogs win by 6-10
Hogs win by 10 to 15
Hogs win by 15+

I'm going with 6-10

Tater Salad

HeathHateMe

Quote from: HogCards88 on February 04, 2006, 02:47:54 pm

I could find more to complain about but McCurdy seems to be the popular choice right now.

arkiehawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 04, 2006, 02:40:27 pm
Hogs up 36-16 and hardly a soul on here.   Cold as hell up here in Fayetteville so I know folks aren't outside.  Guess many have given up.

No quite frankly....there tired of all the B*tching....that this group is doing.....They're playing hard.....give them a break...

HeathHateMe

Did you just see us in 94 down at LSU and Scotty hits the 3 from way down town.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: HogCards88 on February 04, 2006, 02:47:54 pm

I'll complain too.  McCurdy needs to be in there a large part of the 2nd half so we don't blow this lead..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

CplHawg

they are Def playing with more fire today. It seems someone lit one under thier butts

GrizzledHogFan

I was pretty impressed with how we played the last 15 mins of the first half, but the slow start would've killed us against a more talented team.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Tater Salad

Quote from: CplHawg on February 04, 2006, 02:50:59 pm
they are Def playing with more fire today. It seems someone lit one under thier butts

I'll credit hipsher for that

dotnet

There are always fewer people on the thread when it is a home game because a lot of people go to the games.

The idea that seniors can't get any better is stupid.  Are you trying to say that rookies in the NBA don't get better?  If they can get better as a rookie, than they can obviously get better when they're seniors.

Tater Salad

Quote from: dotnet on February 04, 2006, 02:53:17 pm
There are always fewer people on the thread when it is a home game because a lot of people go to the games.

The idea that seniors can't get any better is stupid.  Are you trying to say that rookies in the NBA don't get better?  If they can get better as a rookie, than they can obviously get better when they're seniors.

Not when HEaths coaching them

spahoopsfan

Quote from: HeathHateMe on February 04, 2006, 02:47:32 pm
OK pookie we are up by 20 you don't have to jack it up every time.
It is pretty sad when you get on to someone who has 20 points at half time and has played great defense and with a lot of intensity. If you are talking about his last shot he was wide open at the free throw line. Just because the announcers say it wasn't a good shot doesn't make it so. Yes it wasn't good at first until his defense lost his balance which left Modica wide open. Scores 20 points with only three misses and your on him. Great fan.

dotnet

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 04, 2006, 02:52:14 pm

I think you have to credit Heath too.  At one point, Townes had just checked in.  He let someone get an offensive rebound and Heath immediately got Hill up and Hill checked in for Townes at the next stoppage.  I think Heath is lighting a fire under them too.

HeathHateMe

Quote from: gmb_79 on February 04, 2006, 02:51:47 pm
I was pretty impressed with how we played the last 15 mins of the first half, but the slow start would've killed us against a more talented team.

Agree after the 2 points in 5 minutes I thought we were about to get smoked.  Then they really got the transition game going and Pookie got it going on.  If Brewer had his game on we'd be up by 30

HeathHateMe

Heath couldn't light a fire with a blowtorch and a gallon of gasoline.

Mark_Freeman

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 04, 2006, 02:32:26 pm
if jefferson picks up his dribble one more time im gonna go insane

I agree, i see him w/ the ball and cringe, i want to write him off as the worst player ever, then he throws down an oop, hes to inconsistent, and he shouldnt be a point guard if he's afraid to dribble.

bradyv15

pookie has been goin crazy....20 points in a half is perty good...reminds me of him as a freshman....and brewer has 6+ assists....I could live with those tow numbers for the rest of the season

Tater Salad

Quote from: dotnet on February 04, 2006, 02:55:27 pm
Quote from: Tater Salad on February 04, 2006, 02:52:14 pm

I think you have to credit Heath too.  At one point, Townes had just checked in.  He let someone get an offensive rebound and Heath immediately got Hill up and Hill checked in for Townes at the next stoppage.  I think Heath is lighting a fire under them too.

I'll credit heath for hiring hipsher