Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

100th Indy 500

Started by Buff, May 29, 2016, 02:18:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Amazing that this doesn't get more talk than it does, especially considering the ESPN/ABC coverage it's had all week. 

With 18 laps to go, nearly everybody is calling it short on fuel.  Maybe there will be some excitement.

Buff

Alexander Rossi won it on an economy run.  Rookie won the 100th Indy 500.  I'd tell them to give me gas so I could tear the engine up.

berryhog

I don't keep up with Indy racing, but always try to watch at least part of the 500.  It's cool seeing guys win for the first time, but it's gotta really suck to be a veteran driver, who has never won the 500, see a rookie win the big one. 

Racinray

Good to see an American born win.

trippigs

On a whim my wife and I decided to attend the Indy 500 this past Friday night. We bought tickets, reserved a room and took off Saturday am for Bloomington, IN. Drove to Indy Sunday am with no problems whatsoever. Met the nice guy we bought tickets from and he gave us a free drink/food pass to his company's party. Parked for free about 1/2 mile away and walked with the crowd. The race was exciting and the atmosphere is a blast. Walked back to our car and drove right out of town with no sitting at all. A good 9 hours from Hot Springs but all interstate. Would do it again.

Racinray

Quote from: trippigs on May 30, 2016, 06:28:14 pm
On a whim my wife and I decided to attend the Indy 500 this past Friday night. We bought tickets, reserved a room and took off Saturday am for Bloomington, IN. Drove to Indy Sunday am with no problems whatsoever. Met the nice guy we bought tickets from and he gave us a free drink/food pass to his company's party. Parked for free about 1/2 mile away and walked with the crowd. The race was exciting and the atmosphere is a blast. Walked back to our car and drove right out of town with no sitting at all. A good 9 hours from Hot Springs but all interstate. Would do it again.
That's the race I would love to go to, I'll get there sometime.