Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atlanta

Started by Racinray, February 27, 2016, 01:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Racinray

Watching the Xfinity race and they showed a view from above and most of the stands are gone. When did they remove them?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on February 27, 2016, 01:24:28 pm
Watching the Xfinity race and they showed a view from above and most of the stands are gone. When did they remove them?

Just doing like all tracks and removing seats due to dwindling attendance

Buff

Makes the place look fuller I guess?  Kyle Busch is going to the back of the field after the car failed post-qualifying inspection.  Of course if it had happened to the 48, we'd be calling them cheaters.  JGR is probably at least as dirty as Hendrick.

ImHogginIt

Robin Meade doing the national anthem. She's hot but can't sing  :-[

ImHogginIt

Buff

Right front flat on the 4 at 39 laps.  Tire wear being talked about as an issue....suddenly everyone is pitting.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 28, 2016, 12:10:14 pm
Sparse crowd
They have tried everything to get the attendance up at this track and nothing seems to work.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on February 28, 2016, 12:43:56 pm
They have tried everything to get the attendance up at this track and nothing seems to work.

Same with TMS. Sat night April 9th the wife and I will get there an hour or so before the race. We'll enjoy drinking our beer and wine while people watching but it is a 334 lap race and with about 100 laps left we'll head home. Will probably get home with 30 laps left. Race is always boring but we like the loudness and the people watching. They need a repave and take away a lane of racing.

Buff

48 having potential tire issues as well.  Complaining about vibrations in the corners.

Odds attendance could be improved by shortening the races?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 28, 2016, 12:57:32 pm
48 having potential tire issues as well.  Complaining about vibrations in the corners.

Odds attendance could be improved by shortening the races?

Typical mile and a half track. All spread put and boring

Buff

Being all green-flag driving doesn't help.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 28, 2016, 01:58:39 pm
Being all green-flag driving doesn't help.

Yep. There will be all of 5 drivers on the lead lap at the end  :'(

ImHogginIt

I switched to Hog baseball for a little while. What caused first caution ?

Edit : Never mind... debris

Racinray

This race needs the new truck rule.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on February 28, 2016, 02:24:23 pm
This race needs the new truck rule.

Thank God for beer otherwise I would be really bored

ImHogginIt

I went with Johnson, Truex, Elliott and like an idiot I switched this am from Newman to McMurray  :-[

Racinray

Harvick has to when a few this year so I can win some money, last year I think I won 40 bucks.

Buff

He's led over 100 laps at Atlanta in 4 of the last 5 races, and led the most today.  Maybe this time it will translate to a win.

Buff

The 4 waited to pit until 9 laps after the 48 made its pit stop.  Now the 48 is up 14 seconds with 38 laps to go.  WTH were you thinking Rodney Childers?

Buff

3 laps to go and Newman blows a left rear tire.  Here comes a G-W-C.  Everybody is on worn out tires.

Buff

@#^% @#)(*$ !)#*^#($%)# @!)*%@(^&$

Chad Knaus is Rodney Childers' daddy.  So damn tired of seeing Harvick have dominant cars and fail to win races.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on February 28, 2016, 03:34:39 pm
@#^% @#)(*$ !)#*^#($%)# @!)*%@(^&$

Chad Knaus is Rodney Childers' daddy.  So damn tired of seeing Harvick have dominant cars and fail to win races.
Me too!!!!

Buff

Congrats though to Jimmie Johnson tying Dale Sr. in series wins.  Big time milestone for him. 

Someone ask Childers how Chad Knaus tastes.

Buff

Wow, Chad Knaus might as well have just said the 4 team screwed themselves with pit strategy.

Flying Razorback

For all but the last lap, I wasn't upset that I decided to start Ryan Blaney over Chase Elliott.  Then when the checkers flew he went from 12th to 25th.  I could have had the best fantasy day I've ever had.

All that said.  Screw the 4 teams pit strategy today.  I can understand 2 laps, but when you're 12 seconds up on someone, and they pit and come back on track running 3 SECONDS faster per lap!!!  You go ahead and pit and save at least a 3 or 4 second lead.... not give them a 14 second lead!!!
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

Quote from: Flying Razorback on February 28, 2016, 08:09:00 pm

All that said.  Screw the 4 teams pit strategy today.  I can understand 2 laps, but when you're 12 seconds up on someone, and they pit and come back on track running 3 SECONDS faster per lap!!!  You go ahead and pit and save at least a 3 or 4 second lead.... not give them a 14 second lead!!!

Chad Knaus all but said the same thing.  Childers played his hand like a punk biyatch.  Hope Tony is as pissed as the Harvick fans are at the strategy.

riccoar

Quote from: Buff on February 28, 2016, 03:46:14 pm
Wow, Chad Knaus might as well have just said the 4 team screwed themselves with pit strategy.
If it had gone green to finish, then yeah, I would have said the same.  But they had the GWC and four cars had a chance.  Harvick spun the tires and lost it.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on February 29, 2016, 07:26:38 am
If it had gone green to finish, then yeah, I would have said the same.  But they had the GWC and four cars had a chance.  Harvick spun the tires and lost it.

But at that point it looked like it was going to go green to finish.  Even if it doesn't, you need to be on point on the final restart to win.  You can't be starting 2nd.  In fact the 4 cars competing for the win at the end re-started p1, p3, p5, and p7.  And the one that restarted at the front won. 

Harvick has led the most laps at Atlanta for like the last 6 races there and failed to win.  Every single except for a broke hub/flat tire has been due to a late race restart in p2 instead of p1.

Hopefully they learned something.  When Jimmie pitted he came back out 3 to 4 seconds a lap faster.  After about 2 laps of that and seeing weird numbered, unsponsored type cars that were 6 laps down just screaming past Harvick on new tires... you'd think you would come in.  Especially since you were already well within the fuel window.

Oh well... hopefully he has something for them in Phoenix in a couple weeks.  Wins are tough to come by these days if you're just a little off and he needs to get as many as he can before they run out of good Hendrick chassis and go through the growing pains with Ford next year.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

riccoar

Probably right that he would have kept the lead or been closer I see that now.  He made up some time after he pitted, but tires fell off before he could get it all back.

Buff

If he'd had the lead going into the final restart he would have been on the bottom line.  The last pit stop was great, but the 48's was just as good.  Even without spinning the tires, he wasn't passing Jimmie on the outside before the race-ending wreck occurred.

riccoar

Yeah, I hate the GWC now.  I wish they would make it GGWC.  But Kenseth had a great car too until they lost a couple laps due to his stupid CC.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on February 29, 2016, 01:37:52 pm
Yeah, I hate the GWC now.  I wish they would make it GGWC.  But Kenseth had a great car too until they lost a couple laps due to his stupid CC.

Truth. Rules are clear that the first job fuel man is supposed to do is fuel the car before doing anything else. You would think a fuel man would know that important rule.