Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1000+ fast left turns

Started by Buff, February 22, 2015, 10:43:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Almost Daytona 500 time.  Bout to make a run into town to load up on pizza, Dew, and of course some Jimmy John's in honor of eventual race winner Kevin Harvick.

Time to defend that title.

Flying Razorback

Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

When I was younger I used to love this race.  It has since become more of an exhibition and I've learned to not care as much and wait for the season to start for real next week.  It's kind of made the Bud Shootout worthless because they're both exhibition events in the big picture.

Either way, I hope for few wrecks and for the best cars to finish where they should.  But it's plate racing and someone is going to spin off someone's front bumper on the exit of turn 4 again and wad up the pack.

Buff

Quote from: Flying Razorback on February 22, 2015, 12:26:54 pm

Either way, I hope for few wrecks and for the best cars to finish where they should.  But it's plate racing and someone is going to spin off Danica's front bumper on the exit of turn 4 again and wad up the back half of the pack.

Fixt.

hoghelmet14

Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

Racinray

It won't be Danica's fault, just ask her.......wait you won't have to she will tell you.

Buff

Stewart, Blaney, and Kenneth have damage. 

ImHogginIt

Hamlin didn't cause Stewart to wreck Darrell !  Stewart just went too high.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 22, 2015, 01:13:29 pm
Hamlin didn't cause Stewart to wreck Darrell !  Stewart just went too high.

I want Hamlins car put on templates! LOL

hogbud

Buff

Ty Dillon thought his car was blowing up, turned out it was just a handling issue. 

WHAT!?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on February 22, 2015, 02:07:29 pm
Ty Dillon thought his car was blowing up, turned out it was just a handling issue. 

WHAT!?

I guess not enough experience on the super speedways yet.  He called it a vibration when he called out that he thought he was blowing up. 

Buff

Na$car penalized the 48 team on pit road, but won't tell them why  ;D

Buff

Jr, Harvick, Dillon, Truex lined up on the bottom.  Once again, the Chevys are top to bottom the best.

TheRazorback500

Dillon looking good in the #3!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Flying Razorback

It's getting wild.  Probably wreck in this commercial break

Flying Razorback

Not a wreck but caution during that break for the 21 engine

Buff

Man they did a HORRIBLE job of cleaning the track off. 

Buff

Love how Darrell always sounds like he's seeing a race for the first time.

Flying Razorback

That was insane.  My wife couldn't figure out why I was sucking in so much breath and making noise while they were 3 wide and running all over each other.  Then she started watching and figured it out.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 22, 2015, 03:26:39 pm
Love how Darrell always sounds like he's seeing a race for the first time.

That's what I love about him. No comparison between the Fox guys and the boring guys that always did the TNT broadcasts in years past

10thPlanet

Hey, in case you guys haven't heard it yet, these are the greatest drivers in the world. Per Fox x 1000,000,000. Plus this isn't easy, it's impossible.

Buff

Is there any actual procedure for determining whether to race to the finish or not?  Seems like it depends on na$car's mood for the day.

Harvick, Logano, Jr. for the checkered flag would have been sweet, even though Logano probably had it in the bag.

Buff

1003 fast left turns and they call the race with 1 more to go.

10thPlanet

Quote from: Buff on February 22, 2015, 03:49:43 pm
Is there any actual procedure for determining whether to race to the finish or not?  Seems like it depends on na$car's mood for the day.

Harvick, Logano, Jr. for the checkered flag would have been sweet, even though Logano probably had it in the bag.
Not sure Nascar has an actual procedure for anything. I love Daytona, but with they would build a short track there.

MojoHog

They let them race back yesterday and the wreck was on the front stretch!

Terrible ending. The last 20 laps before that last caution was exciting with 3 wide.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: MojoHog on February 22, 2015, 03:53:55 pm
They let them race back yesterday and the wreck was on the front stretch!

Terrible ending. The last 20 laps before that last caution was exciting with 3 wide.

Yesterday they were on the front stretch and the 2 cars that went in the grass cleared the wall and drove off.  More and more cars kept driving through the wrecked cars today so they couldn't have them broadside someone I think.

TheRazorback500

Congrats to JL. Good recovery for Jr.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Buff

The only consistent thing about na$car's decision making is their inconsistency.  It's cool, Harvick got the 2nd spot.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on February 22, 2015, 03:57:17 pm
The only consistent thing about na$car's decision making is their inconsistency.  It's cool, Harvick got the 2nd spot.

I think Harvick with Jr. could have forced themselves under or around Logano off Turn 4.  The finish line is far enough that they could have gapped back and then made the run and forced under when he loses his momentum to dive and block.

While I don't always agree with NASCAR I don't think I could make the decisions any better.  When someone gets injured getting hit broadside by someone trying to come from 29th to finish 20th by speeding through a spinning pack the whole world will come down on NASCAR. 

I don't see how they could have made more money or whatever by letting Logano go ahead and win instead of Jr. or Harvick.

10thPlanet

Jeffro, is not going to get mad at anyone this year. Setting up the ole broadcast career already.

Buff

hoghelmet14

I think my fantasy team just sucked hind teet

Racinray

Quote from: 10thPlanet on February 22, 2015, 04:03:52 pm
Jeffro, is not going to get mad at anyone this year. Setting up the ole broadcast career already.
Thought the same thing.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 22, 2015, 04:08:08 pm
I think my fantasy team just sucked hind teet

Like I said in the other thread, no discouragement!  Lowest race per segment gets dropped.  Always saves after a Dega, Daytona, Martinsville, or road track.

Racinray

When do they post the scores?

ImHogginIt

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on February 22, 2015, 04:19:16 pm
When do they post the scores?

I think they wait until NASCAR certifies the results or whatever.  Should be up within an hour or so.  At least on your own page.  If you click on each team you can see the temporary score ghosted in the driver column where it shows how many race points and bonus points each driver received.

HogScoutMaster

Tell ya what that was some pretty good racing.  grated I did still fast forward a lot but those 30 laps were the best I seen in some years
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

ImHogginIt

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on February 23, 2015, 12:57:22 pm
Tell ya what that was some pretty good racing.  grated I did still fast forward a lot but those 30 laps were the best I seen in some years

I love plate races cause I know for 4 hrs every driver has their asses puckered. Beats the races down here at Texas Motor speedway where they just ride around all relaxed and shiit.

RAD

My guess is they threw the flag because there were other cars behind the group of wrecked cars that were still at full speed. *If* that was the case, then I agree with the decision.

berryhog

Quote from: RAD on February 23, 2015, 07:25:08 pm
My guess is they threw the flag because there were other cars behind the group of wrecked cars that were still at full speed. *If* that was the case, then I agree with the decision.

I've also seen them not throw a flag in the same scenario and cost Martin a 500 win.

Buff

Quote from: berryhog on February 24, 2015, 02:43:16 pm
I've also seen them not throw a flag in the same scenario and cost Martin a 500 win.

No kidding.  Everyone from 3rd place back was wrecking or driving through a wreck.  I'm really only mad because Harvick and Jr. both had shots at going for the win and I would rather see either of them win over Logano.  But still na$car, how about NOT looking like you're making crap up as you go?