Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After reading Kyle Petty's Tweet, I think a New Hogville Motor Sports Poll is in order.

Started by 10thPlanet, November 09, 2014, 07:45:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick One Statement.

It is WRONG what the #2 did to the #24.
2 (11.1%)
It is WRONG what the #31 did to the #42.
0 (0%)
It is OK what the #2 and #31 did to the #24, and #42.
9 (50%)
It is WRONG what the #2 and #31 did to the #24 and #42.
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 03, 2014, 07:45:26 pm

10thPlanet

Kyle Petty per Twitter, "All I was saying was you can't call one ok and the other wrong! They're either both ok or both wrong! You make your own call!"
I think double standard... RT @RickKaufman1: So @keselowski shoots for the win and wrecks someone.That's bad.
Ryan Newman shoots for a (1/2)point and wrecks someone 100% on purpose. That ok?  (2/2)
Poll is good for 24 days.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

10thPlanet

Quote from: hogs24 on November 09, 2014, 07:48:08 pm
Bi@sed but yeah guess my vote.
We're all biased. I hate the chase, and the whimsical fines, pts deductions, and suspensions of Nascar. Gordon being Champion would've been fine with me. He was kind to me and especially my little girls when we meet him in Daytona. That makes him alright with any Daddy!

tophawg19

nascar is going the way of the WWE . now days . anything goes to get ratings . even at the overall cost of the sport
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Flying Razorback

I think the difference is that Brad has been seen to need to do that type of stuff a little too often. 

I also think there's a difference in taking out a driver who is in the Chase versus one not.  The cut tire ended Gordon's season even though he was the best driver all year.  He would have finished top 3 at Texas to go with his p2 finish at Martinsville and Phoenix.  That would have made him far and away in first place.

Kyle Larson finishing p13 instead of p11 is inconsequential.   He will still be Rookie of the Year and will have had a great rookie season.  And he was able to finish within 2 spots of where the contact was made.

I think it's important to recognize how it will effect a driver with these elimination rounds when judging incidents.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

10thPlanet

Quote from: Flying Razorback on November 09, 2014, 08:16:32 pm
Kyle Larson finishing p13 instead of p11 is inconsequential.   He will still be Rookie of the Year and will have had a great rookie season.  And he was able to finish within 2 spots of where the contact was made.

I think it's important to recognize how it will effect a driver with these elimination rounds when judging incidents.
I would like to hear radio transmission prior to the rub. Do you think if it had been another driver Newman doesn't sail off into the corner? We know he wouldn't a teammate, but what about Edwards?

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

RAD

Aside from Gordon and his team, I haven't heard anyone say that Brad was in the wrong with what he did on the track at Texas.

10thPlanet

Quote from: RAD on November 09, 2014, 08:34:48 pm
Aside from Gordon and his team, I haven't heard anyone say that Brad was in the wrong with what he did on the track at Texas.
What do you think about Newman today?

grayhawg

Quote from: RAD on November 09, 2014, 08:34:48 pm
According to USA today Harvick said BK was in a bulldoze mode on the track.

10thPlanet

Quote from: grayhawg on November 09, 2014, 08:47:41 pm
According to USA today Harvick said BK was in a bulldoze mode on the track.
Yep, but he's trying to recover from looking like he's in Jr high trying to make someone fight that didn't want to. Bad Brad is on probation and didn't want to be suspended. Harvick gained a lot of haters after that. Read the comments on the articles.

tophawg19

intentionally wrecking another car is supposed to be an automatic DQ. Not get you rewarded . that said , if i'm Gordon and he knocked me out that way then he's going on the wall next week. nothing to lose now
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

10thPlanet

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 09, 2014, 09:32:06 pm
intentionally wrecking another car is supposed to be an automatic DQ. Not get you rewarded . that said , if i'm Gordon and he knocked me out that way then he's going on the wall next week. nothing to lose now
I understand that way of thinking, but do you think it was on purpose? How about Harvick mad at Kenseth wheel hopping at Martinsville? Both incidents are of drivers trying too hard, being too aggressive. If Harvick hadn't made it Harvick fans would be pointing to Kenseth, and Harvick said himself," I may not win the championship, but neither is Kenseth." I take that as if Kenseth made it in and Harvick didn't Harvick was going to make sure the #20 didn't finish the race.
I think we need aggressive drivers, this sport is already so sanitized the fans are turning away. We're castrating the drivers, and cleaning these 'Stock Cars' up with aero, down force, HP and leveling the field it's become boring a lot of times. Las Vegas was a snooze fest except on restarts, and the last 50 laps, unless you were a Harvick fan. If this race didn't have championship implications and was race number 2-18 we wouldn't be talking about it.

riccoar

Would NASCAR have been OK with Austin Dillon taking someone out to move Newman up?  No.  Then why can Newman take someone out to move himself up?  NASCAR is setting a bad precedent by that move.

RAD

Quote from: 10thPlanet on November 09, 2014, 08:39:08 pm
What do you think about Newman today?

The were side by side, so it's a little different I suppose. He did have at least *some* position on him. Had he been 2-3 car lengths back, ignored the brake pedal altogether and just flat dumped him, then I wouldn't be okay with that.

Part of NASCAR's history is moving people when it comes down to it. Seeing how it was the final turn/chance he had for the season and a possible championship, I don't think any driver wouldn't do whatever it took.

holeinthewall

This is comical that Brad knocked Gordon out of the way. Brad never changed his line entering the corner. Gordon came down. Gordon left to much space any other driver would ahve made the same move Brad did If NASCAR woul stop letting the teams pull he fenders out Gordon would never have wrecked.

I liken what Ryan did to what Carl did at Kansas a few years back but Johnson let up and let Carl hit the wall and then drove back by. WOuld ahve been hilarious if Larson had done the same thing.

riccoar

Yep, Ryan used Larson like Carl tried using the wall at Kansas.  Except Newman knew it would stop Larson's momentum and allow him to beat him to the line.  Bad precedent.  I say go Harvick.

TheRazorback500

Newman didn't bump Larson that hard-with more experience he would have absorbed the blow and held his line.

As for Kez, I don't care for his attitude at times, but he's a racer. He saw a hole, had a run, and made a move. Seems like an experienced guy like Jeff could have seen, even anticipated it. I hated the cut tire had to happen. I would have like to seen Jeff make the final four.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

holeinthewall

I like the fact Gibbs has one car and the kid he fired has a better shot at the championship.  Gibbs will have a great line up next year and do nothing with it just like they do every year.