Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#3 ON POLE!!!!

Started by HoggyCat, February 16, 2014, 02:27:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Now go win the damn thing!!!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Buff

Danica started on the pole* once too.

*Thats what Ricky Stenhouse said.

Tejas_Pete

Good marketing ploy by NASCAR, just like Danica getting the pole last year. Will get a solid week of coverage out of it then the 3 will fail just like Danica did.

beebefootballfan

golden boy shouldn't be running #3, that's reserved for a real man who worked for what he had, and didn't have everything handed to him.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

HoggyCat

Quote from: beebefootballfan on February 18, 2014, 08:02:29 am
golden boy shouldn't be running #3, that's reserved for a real man who worked for what he had, and didn't have everything handed to him.

That's funny considering DE said a long time ago that he wanted either one of his kids or RC's grand kids running that number.

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

acey33

Back in FRONT where it belongs...#3

RazrRila99

Quote from: beebefootballfan on February 18, 2014, 08:02:29 am

I wouldnt say Austin has had everything handed to him, he has performed with the equipment hes been provided.  Did RCs money help out, absofreakinglutely!!!  However, if the kid couldnt wheel a ride he wouldnt be there.  Hes WON in every class of car hes raced. 

The #3 was RCs number before Dale and its RCs numbers after.  Ricky Rudd drove it before Dale, and Buddy Baker before RR.  Dale made it famous, now its up to Austin to take it to the next level. 

Buff

Hard to take something to the "next level" when it's won 7 titles.  That's akin to giving me the 48 car and telling me to win more than 6.  Just saying.

hogs24

Just looks like  a punk to me. Don't care what # is on his car.

Flying Razorback

Kid's alright with me.  Even if I am a Harvick fan.  I've enjoyed watching him in the Trucks and Nationwide.  I've got the side of one of his trucks autographed and hanging in my garage.  Looks good with the big 3 on it.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Delicious~Dreams

I think it takes some character and will to drive that car after Dale Earnhardt.   It could be viewed as intimidating to try and live up to those wins and championships. 

Racinray

Just lose the cowboy hat.

RazrRila99

@Buff - when I say "take it to the next level" we have a WHOLE generation of race fans who never got to experience Dale race.  Austin will garner comparisons for sure, those comparisons will be when the next level occurs.  Its going to be a HUGE step to take, but I feel he can do it. 

@Racinray - Cowboy hat, take it or leave it, its his "thing."  Kurt had the ears, Carl has the backflip, Kyle has the bow.  Ill take the hat over most anything else.  It is goofy though, but its his thing. 

I have no skin in the Austin, #3, etc game.  However, I do know the people that have been involved in Austin and Ty's racing and if the boys would have had too much ego or "silver spoon" attitude they would have walked.  I cant help but think that they are at least somewhat gracious for the this opportunity.  I am just getting tired of a "newbie" to Cup being blasted for getting top flight equipment.  Where was the blasting when Kurt and Kyle came into Cup (Kurt right to Roush, Kyle right to Gibbs).  Even the "Glory boy" Jeff Gordon had everything given to him by his step father then came into Hendrick's organization (the guy can wheel a car but that doesnt mean I like him).  So to say they have to "earn" their way into the top rides is bunk. 

Racinray

Quote from: RazrRila99 on February 19, 2014, 07:47:49 am
@Buff - when I say "take it to the next level" we have a WHOLE generation of race fans who never got to experience Dale race.  Austin will garner comparisons for sure, those comparisons will be when the next level occurs.  Its going to be a HUGE step to take, but I feel he can do it. 

@Racinray - Cowboy hat, take it or leave it, its his "thing."  Kurt had the ears, Carl has the backflip, Kyle has the bow.  Ill take the hat over most anything else.  It is goofy though, but its his thing. 

I have no skin in the Austin, #3, etc game.  However, I do know the people that have been involved in Austin and Ty's racing and if the boys would have had too much ego or "silver spoon" attitude they would have walked.  I cant help but think that they are at least somewhat gracious for the this opportunity.  I am just getting tired of a "newbie" to Cup being blasted for getting top flight equipment.  Where was the blasting when Kurt and Kyle came into Cup (Kurt right to Roush, Kyle right to Gibbs).  Even the "Glory boy" Jeff Gordon had everything given to him by his step father then came into Hendrick's organization (the guy can wheel a car but that doesnt mean I like him).  So to say they have to "earn" their way into the top rides is bunk. 
The sad part is, hardly anyone earns their way into a top ride, they buy it. That goes for any pro motorsports.

HogScoutMaster

He is going to piss off A LOT of drivers.  I really hope he doesnt try to take on the Intimidator persona.

RazrRila99

@RacinRay - completely agree with you.  Its become such a sponsor heavy/sought after sport that if you can come to the table with a full sponsor (ala Paul Menard) you can be a mediocre talent and run your midpack laps.  Thats the same reason I wont get back into racing until I win the lottery, I want to make sure I could afford the equipment that will put me up front and then its up to me to keep it there. 

@Dew - I dont think he will take on the Intimidator persona.  He was around Dale quite a bit in the shop, so he understands the significance of the ride.  I hope Im not proven wrong with my thoughts on that. 

hogs24

He was like 8 yrs old when Sr died. Couldn't have spent that much time with him.
Punk in a stupid hat.

RazrRila99

@hogs24 - so you dont remember influential people from your childhood?  I sure as heck do.  Plus, growing up with RC, Chocolate Myers, the Dale Earnhardt museum, Dale Jr, etc etc.  Not to mention his dad was one of Dale's crew chiefs for a spot of time (BTW His mama is Richards daughter).  So yeah, Im sure he understands the shoes hes moving into.

BTW - what has Austin done that makes him a punk?  As for the hat, its a signature look, its the same size hat that PBR bull riders wear, that people wear to country concerts, etc etc.  Its out of the norm, so its remembered, its a good thing. 

Buff

Hater vs. apparent fanboy.  I've missed Na$car season.

RazrRila99

@buff - not a fan boy, just dont understand the hatred before the kid even has a chance to cause anyone to dislike him.  In the cup races hes been in he hasnt been named, thats always a good thing.  Ive been the "youngin" its not fun.  Before people start to bash, hate, etc do some research about the subject. 

Sorry, its a soapbox, close to the vest kind of issue for me here.  Im more a fan of Richard Childress than i am just about anything else in NASCAR anymore.  the sport I grew up with doesnt exist. 

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: RazrRila99 on February 19, 2014, 12:12:48 pm

@Dew - I dont think he will take on the Intimidator persona.  He was around Dale quite a bit in the shop, so he understands the significance of the ride.  I hope Im not proven wrong with my thoughts on that. 

HUH?  Austin was around Big E in the shop?  when he was what.... 1 or 2?  sorry if I am missing something

HogScoutMaster

Only the King can where Cowboy hats and only E drives the 3

RazrRila99

Quote from: DewUar88 on February 20, 2014, 02:06:50 pm
HUH?  Austin was around Big E in the shop?  when he was what.... 1 or 2?  sorry if I am missing something

I was just going off of interviews from Richard, he said that Dale was pushing both Ty and Austin around the shop on creepers, seats, etc when they were younger.  I dont follow them enough to know their ages, but I know they are older than 15/16.  Have to be at least 21 to race cup.

hogs24

Quote from: RazrRila99 on February 20, 2014, 07:44:23 am
@hogs24 - so you dont remember influential people from your childhood?  I sure as heck do.  Plus, growing up with RC, Chocolate Myers, the Dale Earnhardt museum, Dale Jr, etc etc.  Not to mention his dad was one of Dale's crew chiefs for a spot of time (BTW His mama is Richards daughter).  So yeah, Im sure he understands the shoes hes moving into.

BTW - what has Austin done that makes him a punk?  As for the hat, its a signature look, its the same size hat that PBR bull riders wear, that people wear to country concerts, etc etc.  Its out of the norm, so its remembered, its a good thing. 
about the only thing i remember from 8 y/o is whoopins from my old man.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on February 20, 2014, 10:46:07 am
Hater vs. apparent fanboy.  I've missed Na$car season.
Just think he looks like a punk. He'll actually have to accomplish somethin before I'll start hatin

Buff

He was good in the Nationwide series but then again  so were many others who couldn't quite cut it in the big show. We'll see.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on February 20, 2014, 05:06:53 pm
He was good in the Nationwide series but then again  so were many others who couldn't quite cut it in the big show. We'll see.
Jr won a busch (league) title. :P

HoggyCat

Quote from: RazrRila99 on February 18, 2014, 03:29:25 pm
I wouldnt say Austin has had everything handed to him, he has performed with the equipment hes been provided.  Did RCs money help out, absofreakinglutely!!!  However, if the kid couldnt wheel a ride he wouldnt be there.  Hes WON in every class of car hes raced. 

The #3 was RCs number before Dale and its RCs numbers after.  Ricky Rudd drove it before Dale, and Buddy Baker before RR.  Dale made it famous, now its up to Austin to take it to the next level.

I'm all about everything you said..... Right up to your last sentence. Take it to the next level?? What level is above what he accomplished? Are you saying he's gonna supplant Jimmie?  LOL

HoggyCat

Quote from: hogs24 on February 20, 2014, 05:12:23 pm
Jr won a busch (league) title. :P

Two of them. Which is twice as many as Kyle Busch has. Go figure.

HoggyCat

Quote from: DewUar88 on February 20, 2014, 02:06:50 pm

Go look at the victory lane pictures from the 1998 Daytona 500.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on February 18, 2014, 11:06:43 pm
I think it takes some character and will to drive that car after Dale Earnhardt.   It could be viewed as intimidating to try and live up to those wins and championships.

So The Intimidator is still intimidating?? 8)

hogs24

Quote from: HoggyCat on February 20, 2014, 08:24:14 pm
If shrub was running for nationwide titles he'd have  like the last 4.(guessing)

Buff

Quote from: HoggyCat on February 20, 2014, 08:24:14 pm

If not for the rule that you can only race for one title per season Kyle might very well have more than 2.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on February 20, 2014, 09:53:19 pm
If not for the rule that you can only race for one title per season Kyle might very well have more than 2.
little late there slick.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: HoggyCat on February 20, 2014, 08:26:21 pm
Go look at the victory lane pictures from the 1998 Daytona 500.

this one?  If not please direct me because there are ALOT of 98 pictures !

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: hogs24 on February 20, 2014, 09:32:12 pm
If shrub was running for nationwide titles he'd have  like the last 4.(guessing)

This^^  as much as the kid ruffles feathers, the boy can drive!!

hoghelmet14

Quote from: hogs24 on February 20, 2014, 04:56:56 pm
about the only thing i remember from 8 y/o is whoopins from my old man.

Them whoopins did not take.... LOL... a Gordon Fan.... you need more of them whoopins.
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

hoghelmet14

Quote from: DewUar88 on February 21, 2014, 09:30:45 am

That works... thats Austin Dillion in the red hat with blue shirt right beside the trophy far right of picture
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

Buff

HoggyCat

Quote from: DewUar88 on February 21, 2014, 09:30:45 am

It'll be the one where they're all standing on the podium. I saw it on a special about Earnhardt a year or so ago. They had a brief piece about the Dillons and showed them standing to what would be Earnhardt's right, leaning over the barricade.

HoggyCat

hogs24

10thPlanet

Bunch of rednecks in here. Can't wait till tomorrow.

hogs24

Got a 30 pack iced down....Woohoo Daytona 500!!

Flying Razorback

So I was up and running at full speed at 7 AM this morning.  The wife knows I'm normally pretty slow and lazy on Sundays since I try to rest as much as I can before going back to the grind.

She said, "Why the heck are you up and running so early this morning??" 

I replied, "It's the Daytona 500 today!  I'm too excited to sit around being lazy today!"

She rolled her eyes.  Then questioned how she could get me that motivated on Sundays more to get chores done.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

hogs24

Radar does not look good.  :(

hogs24

hogs24