Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 AMA Supercross thread

Started by 10thPlanet, January 02, 2013, 01:34:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

Anaheim I, Angel Stadium, Anaheim, CA, January 5, 2013
TV Live on Speed Channel 8:30pm CST.

SC-RAZOR

Good race and great finish! Bubba already hurt as usual. Surprised he finished eighth.

10thPlanet

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on January 07, 2013, 01:07:52 pm
Good race and great finish! Bubba already hurt as usual. Surprised he finished eighth.
Crazy, 1st race hurt in practice.

10thPlanet

1-12-13 Live on Speed @ 8:30pm CST, from Phoenix's Chase Field. Race 2! Milsaps wins round one. Round 2?

SC-RAZOR

I like the way it's mixing up so far. Much better than watching a run away winner. But if Barcia figures it out, and he may have, look out. Canard looks good too. I like that kid.

razorbackfan86

It would be nice to see another season like the one the year before last. Championship was not decided until the final race. Was a great season.

SC-RAZOR

Racer X Illustrated
BREAKING: James Stewart has confirmed to Racer X Films that he has a torn ACL but WILL race this weekend at Anaheim 2. Stay tuned to Racer X Online for a full interview with Stewart.

10thPlanet

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on January 17, 2013, 03:45:26 pm
Racer X Illustrated
BREAKING: James Stewart has confirmed to Racer X Films that he has a torn ACL but WILL race this weekend at Anaheim 2. Stay tuned to Racer X Online for a full interview with Stewart.
Crazy, that's one way to get out of Outdoors, having to have surgery after SX season.

10thPlanet

January 19, 2013, 11:22:13 am #8 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:41:34 am by dkwvike
 Anaheim II, back to the wacky TV schedules, and replays.
450 class: 12:00pm CST in the Arkansas River Valley
250 class: 1:00pm EST on Speed Nationwide
That's right both on at the same time here, hopefully your TV programmer at your station does a better job.
  If you like motorcycle woods racing the GNCC series will be on NBCSP @ 12pm CST. They're back to back episodes, one will be bikes while the other quads. Check it out no other racing going on now: http://www.racertv.com/gncc-bikes/2012-round-8-snowshoe-bikes/
A lot of last years racing on that site.

450 points:

1. David Millsaps 45
2. Justin Barcia 39
3. Trey Canard 38
4. Chad Reed  36
5. Ryan Dungey 33
6. Jake Weimer 31
7. Ryan Villopoto 27
8. Andrew Short  27
9. James Stewart 27
10. Joshua Grant 21

250 West points:

1. Eli Tomac 50
2. Ken Roczen 44
3. Cole Seely 38
4. Ryan Sipes 29
5. Zach Osborne 29
6. Kyle Cunningham 23
7. Tyla Rattray 22
8. Max Anstie 22
9. Martin Davalos 21
10. Joey Savatgy 20

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

10thPlanet

Great 450 race, missed the 250's. Q Times had Poto and Dungy 1, 2. Points leader Millsaps crashes first turn, off to the LCQ, where he later advances to the main with Barcia.
450 Main: Barcia cases a jump, looks like a wrist, and for sure bloody head. I really thought he was going to bring a championship to Red this year. I hope he's ok.
450 Main Results:
1.Ryan Villopoto – KAW
2.Trey Canard – HON
3.Chad Reed – HON
4.Davi Millsaps – SUZ
5.Jake Weimer – KAW
6.Ryan Dungey – KTM
7.Andrew Short – HON
8.Justin Brayton – YAM
9.Matt Goerke – KTM
10.Josh Grant – YAM

450 Point standings:
1.Davi Millsaps – 63
2.Trey Canard – 60
3.Chad Reed – 56
4.Ryan Villopoto – 54
5.Ryan Dungey – 48
6.Jake Weimer – 47
7.Andrew Short – 41
8.Justin Barcia – 40
9.James Stewart – 36
10.Josh Grant – 32
   I was unaware that Poto and his dad had a strained relationship.
  Kevin Windham retires, going to miss pulling for the old guy. I guess we still have Dowd in the MX series for one more year.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: dkwvike on January 20, 2013, 11:42:25 pm
  Kevin Windham retires, going to miss pulling for the old guy. I guess we still have Dowd in the MX series for one more year.

Going to miss seeing those huge transfers during pre race introductions. Always enjoyed seeing those.

10thPlanet

credit: Racer X Illustrated

[attachment deleted by admin]

10thPlanet

Up to NorCal we go. TV replays.
Sunday, 1/27/2013, 12:00 PM(check your time zone). CBS
Sunday, 1/27/2013, 1:00 PM EST. SPEED Channel

If you haven't seen a race this year, it's been wild.

10thPlanet

Back to Angels Stadium, February 2, 2013. LIVE! 9:30 CST on SPEED!

10thPlanet

RD 6 tonight LIVE on Speed @ 9:30pm CST from Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA.
Craziest year in 450 class in a long time! Heck of a points battle.

razorbackfan86

Anyone going to Dallas this weekend? I'll be there, always enjoy it at Cowboys Stadium!

10thPlanet

Highs in the upper 30's, was planning on riding down, not sure now. The dealer I do biz with bought a batch of tickets. Need to make up my mind in a hurry, go watch or stay and ride woods Sunday in the 50's.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: dkwvike on February 12, 2013, 04:43:53 am
Highs in the upper 30's, was planning on riding down, not sure now. The dealer I do biz with bought a batch of tickets. Need to make up my mind in a hurry, go watch or stay and ride woods Sunday in the 50's.

Will be a nice 72 degrees inside the dome.

10thPlanet

10thPlanet

Live on Speed, from Cowboys Stadium @8:30 CST Tonight!
Points to date 450 class:
1. David Millsaps 132
2. Ryan Dungey   113
3. Ryan Villopoto 105
4. Trey Canard     105
5. Chad Reed        97
6. Justin Barcia     83
7. Andrew Short    83
8. James Stewart  74
9. Justin Brayton   67
10.Broc Tickle       57

razorbackfan86

Went to Dallas this past weekend. Was fun as always. They brought Windham out for one last transfer during opening ceremonies. Disappointing to see bubba bow out early w/ a bad clutch but i've come to expect something to happen to him in the mains. Every race i've been to now he's won his heat and either wrecked or not raced the main. But overal it was a great time, weather was perfect unlike the last couple years there.

10thPlanet

Live on Speed again, from Atlanta! 6:30 CST. Will probably be another wild one!

10thPlanet

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on February 20, 2013, 04:51:58 pm
Went to Dallas this past weekend. Was fun as always. They brought Windham out for one last transfer during opening ceremonies. Disappointing to see bubba bow out early w/ a bad clutch but i've come to expect something to happen to him in the mains. Every race i've been to now he's won his heat and either wrecked or not raced the main. But overal it was a great time, weather was perfect unlike the last couple years there.
We're you anywhere near Bell's get off, looked rough on TV?  Hate that I missed Windham last opening ceremonies show. I thought Bubba was back on track too, and  he seems to be letting his dad get back involved. Some people need that stability around them.
Bell's crash for those that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wNc4Lds_0

razorbackfan86

Quote from: dkwvike on February 22, 2013, 11:48:01 pm
We're you anywhere near Bell's get off, looked rough on TV?  Hate that I missed Windham last opening ceremonies show. I thought Bubba was back on track too, and  he seems to be letting his dad get back involved. Some people need that stability around them.
Bell's crash for those that missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wNc4Lds_0

yeah we had good seats. right on 50 yard line 3rd section so we could see the whole track and his crash was directly in front of us. that was pretty scary to see. it let the air out of the whole stadium. he just laid there not moving for a few minutes but was able to get up which was good

jswineberiaskirk

Watching ATL SX right now.

Going to STL next weekend. If I never post on Hogville again I got a little too close to the Monster girls.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on February 23, 2013, 08:50:21 pm

Going to STL next weekend. If I never post on Hogville again I got a little too close to the Monster girls.

i wish you luck

10thPlanet

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on February 23, 2013, 08:50:21 pm

I always liked the outdoor season. The women dress for the weather. Back in the day before everyone started wearing sunblock, the tans were sweet in those bikinis.

SC-RAZOR

Well Bubba kept it upright. Good for him. Watching NASCAR and NHRA this weekend made me wonder how long it will be before a girl tries to join the 250 ranks and moves up with the big boys.

10thPlanet

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on February 25, 2013, 10:39:39 am
Well Bubba kept it upright. Good for him. Watching NASCAR and NHRA this weekend made me wonder how long it will be before a girl tries to join the 250 ranks and moves up with the big boys.
Never, gonna happen. They have their own AMA pro class, their laptimes are a lot slower. One of my training partners is a woman, so it's not that I don't want women to ride. If it ever does she would look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPETM9CSubY

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: dkwvike on February 26, 2013, 06:35:12 am
Never, gonna happen. They have their own AMA pro class, their laptimes are a lot slower. One of my training partners is a woman, so it's not that I don't want women to ride. If it ever does she would look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPETM9CSubY
Yeah I know but someone will try it just for publicity at some point.

10thPlanet

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on February 26, 2013, 09:53:54 am
Yeah I know but someone will try it just for publicity at some point.
If they accomplish this they will have earned it. Be at least 16yrs old. They must have an A or Expert AMA Card, Earn "100 'A/Expert' class advancement points in the AMA Thundercross Championship Series and/or the AMA National Arenacross Series", you must earn the 100 "A/Expert" points in one continuous season.
You can also win 3 AMA National Arena Cross Main Events(this is how most do it) or finish in the top 5 for the year in the Pro Class.
Finish in the top 3 at the 2013 National Championship at the Loretta Lynn's Ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tenn.
Those are all male divisions, I think they would have to let a female ride them if they wanted too.
Also just because you have that lic. doesn't mean you'll qualify for the top 40 positions for a heat race in your class. Although it is getting easier to make the field, ONCE you've obtained your Pro lic. Numbers are down due to economy.
I think an Olympic female swimmer would be a good start to build one though.

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: dkwvike on February 27, 2013, 08:39:20 am
If they accomplish this they will have earned it. Be at least 16yrs old. They must have an A or Expert AMA Card, Earn "100 'A/Expert' class advancement points in the AMA Thundercross Championship Series and/or the AMA National Arenacross Series", you must earn the 100 "A/Expert" points in one continuous season.
You can also win 3 AMA National Arena Cross Main Events(this is how most do it) or finish in the top 5 for the year in the Pro Class.
Finish in the top 3 at the 2013 National Championship at the Loretta Lynn's Ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tenn.
Those are all male divisions, I think they would have to let a female ride them if they wanted too.
Also just because you have that lic. doesn't mean you'll qualify for the top 40 positions for a heat race in your class. Although it is getting easier to make the field, ONCE you've obtained your Pro lic. Numbers are down due to economy.
I think an Olympic female swimmer would be a good start to build one though.

MMA star Rachel Wray would be a sponsors dream if she could ride.

10thPlanet

YEP!!!!!!! ;D. We actually have one that rides in Arkansas that is prettier than her, and she's fast! Women's national fast, her boyfriend rides 250 supercross/motocross at select events. She also works as a mechanic in a motocycle shop. Her grandfather has a National race named after him. Her grandfather, dad and uncle are all old pros. I would post a pic of her, but she would kill me. She's also been a Monster Energy girl before at a Supercross race.

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: dkwvike on February 27, 2013, 09:23:20 am
YEP!!!!!!! ;D. We actually have one that rides in Arkansas that is prettier than her, and she's fast! Women's national fast, her boyfriend rides 250 supercross/motocross at select events. She also works as a mechanic in a motocycle shop. Her grandfather has a National race named after him. Her grandfather, dad and uncle are all old pros. I would post a pic of her, but she would kill me. She's also been a Monster Energy girl before at a Supercross race.
Very cool!

10thPlanet

Edward Jones Dome, St.Louis, MO, March 2, 2013
No Live TV
450 class, 3/3/2013 @12:00 PM on CBS Be sure and check your Time Zone.
250SX Class, 3/3/2013, @ 1:00 PM EST on SPEED.

10thPlanet

Daytona Int'l Speedway, 7:30 PM EST, 3-9-13. Live on Speed!
Always a bit interesting in the infield at Daytona!

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: dkwvike on March 09, 2013, 03:08:09 am
Daytona Int'l Speedway, 7:30 PM EST, 3-9-13. Live on Speed!
Always a bit interesting in the infield at Daytona!
I love RC but I like to old Daytona tracks better! 250lcq was the best race to watch all night.

10thPlanet

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on March 11, 2013, 11:40:05 am
I love RC but I like to old Daytona tracks better! 250lcq was the best race to watch all night.
I like RC too, but there's some changes I would make. I had this very same conversation with Steve Wise 3-4 years ago. Steve would make the SX series more like the outdoors. The 250 lcq was a good race. I was really wanting Milsaps to be champion on a stockish bike, after being released.
Looks like we may get more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s0ovUCrWbc

SC-RAZOR

March 12, 2013, 03:17:03 pm #39 Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:29:27 pm by SC-RAZOR
Quote from: dkwvike on March 12, 2013, 01:03:32 pm
I like RC too, but there's some changes I would make. I had this very same conversation with Steve Wise 3-4 years ago. Steve would make the SX series more like the outdoors. The 250 lcq was a good race. I was really wanting Milsaps to be champion on a stockish bike, after being released.
Looks like we may get more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s0ovUCrWbc
+1 for Milsaps.

10thPlanet

Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN, 3/16/2013, 7:30 PM EST LIVE on Speed.

10thPlanet

Tonight! Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON. 8:00 PM EST LIVE on SPEED! Milsaps only 9 pts behind Poto on a stock Suzuki!

SC-RAZOR

10thPlanet

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on March 25, 2013, 09:26:46 am
Good race!
Agree! I don't like the dirt there. If it's true that it's frozen when they start working with it,  I wish they would thaw it a few days before they work it. Might hold some really good moisture, and be super tacky.

10thPlanet

Live again this week on Speed! AMA Supercross, Reliant Stadium Houston, TX 4/6/2013 9:30 PM EST.

450 points standings:
1.   Ryan Villopoto 252   
2.   David Millsaps  240   
3.   Ryan Dungey 230
4.   Chad Reed 196
5.   Justin Barcia 184
6.   James Stewart 169       
7.   Trey Canard 165     
8.   Andrew Short 148       
9.   Justin Brayton 122     
10.  Broc Tickle 122

SC-RAZOR

10thPlanet

Puto looked great as expected. Dungy was thought to be a contender, because of practice times, and finished 2nd. Canard showed once again he's an animal, and finished 3rd. Barcia 4th and Milsaps a disappointing 5th. Bubba washed out his front end on a slow tight rut, and gave up. Weimer took someone out can't remember who, but it was a textbook corner move.
250 was a great battle with Wharton winning. Wharton and Musquin battled back and forth. Pretty good round!

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: dkwvike on April 09, 2013, 10:43:00 pm
Puto looked great as expected. Dungy was thought to be a contender, because of practice times, and finished 2nd. Canard showed once again he's an animal, and finished 3rd. Barcia 4th and Milsaps a disappointing 5th. Bubba washed out his front end on a slow tight rut, and gave up. Weimer took someone out can't remember who, but it was a textbook corner move.
250 was a great battle with Wharton winning. Wharton and Musquin battled back and forth. Pretty good round!
Bubba crashed and gave up? Say it ain't so!

10thPlanet

Back to the crazy TV scheds.  :'(
AMA Supercross Metrodome Minneapolis, MN 4/14/2013 12:00 PM (check local times)- CBS
AMA Supercross Metrodome (250SX Class) Minneapolis, MN 4/14/2013 1:00 PM EST SPEED

10thPlanet

One more week of tape delayed :(
AMA Supercross CenturyLink Field Seattle, WA 4/21/2013 12:00 PM - CBS
AMA Supercross CenturyLink Field (250SX Class) Seattle, WA 4/21/2013 1:00 PM EST SPEED