Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abu Dhabi event

Started by GolfNut57, January 20, 2018, 06:05:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

Just to be asking. While watching this PGA event on late night TV, or early morning TV if you prefer......I notice the galleries just seem to be full of spectators that look like your everyday ordinary Americans. Since this event is held in the Arabian states how likely is it that many present or former Americans are living in that part of the world now? Or are they more likely to be from northern European countries? I know these questions likely show a lot of ignorance by me about peoples of other countries but it is something I never thought about before. As an American I wouldn't think twice about going into that area of the world due to the threats of Terrorism.

It's just that when it comes to that part of the world I am totally clueless when it comes to what makes up their population. So the only way to learn about it is ask.   :-\
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Jackrabbit Hog

Gee, what a moron.....

Actually, I don't know either.  I do know my wife has a friend who lived in Dubai for a few years and she says she'd move back there in a heartbeat.  She said it's a very westernized place and she felt completely safe there.  Not that that answers your question, but maybe it will deflect attention from your ignorance.    ;D
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

I think most are from the UK and other European/Slavic countries. Lots of ex-pats working there in the oil/natural gas industry. And if you have to be in the region, live in a place that is the most modern/western.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 20, 2018, 07:29:58 am
Gee, what a moron.....

Actually, I don't know either.  I do know my wife has a friend who lived in Dubai for a few years and she says she'd move back there in a heartbeat.  She said it's a very westernized place and she felt completely safe there.  Not that that answers your question, but maybe it will deflect attention from your ignorance.    ;D

Yeah I can and will freely admit to being dumb when it comes to population makeup in that part of the world. It isn't like I expected all of the patrons to the PGA golf tournies there to be towel head terrorist wannabes......but I did find it rather surprising to see the galleries look like the typical ones you would see on any course in America.

So color me more educated today than I was yesterday....... :-[
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.