STAN HEATH THREAD!

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, March 07, 2005, 06:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DUKE SNYDER

How many bowl games has Butch been
too.
I noticed how you only gave Nutt's last
two years record.

What was Butch's last two years at Cleveand.
Also where has Butch coached at that
has only had to recurit with less that
200 players to pick from.When has he
had to recurit with a NCAA investigation
hanging over his head & was not allowed
a full scholarship limit which Nutt had
nothing to do with that.
You are only assuming that he would do a
better job.You know what you happens when you ass-u-me.
Can you not see the difference between
8 vs 200.Where I went to school that is
a big difference.

Richard_white

February 28, 2006, 11:25:25 pm #251 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:43:00 pm by razorbacks4life27
2-4 bowl record speaks for itself
9-13 record speaks for itself  (last 2 seasons)
0 NC titles speaks for itself
0 SEC Championships speaks for itself
HDN a OC speaks for itself

But having Broyles force NUTT to hire a OC (GUS) PRICELESS!!!

WPS

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: DUKE SNYDER on February 28, 2006, 11:20:59 pm
How many bowl games has Butch been
too.
I noticed how you only gave Nutt's last
two years record.

What was Butch's last two years at Cleveand.
Also where has Butch coached at that
has only had to recurit with less that
200 players to pick from.When has he
had to recurit with a NCAA investigation
hanging over his head & was not allowed
a full scholarship limit which Nutt had
nothing to do with that.
You are only assuming that he would do a
better job.You know what you happens when you ass-u-me.
Can you not see the difference between
8 vs 200.Where I went to school that is
a big difference.

LOL...Okay Duke, I have tried to keep quiet...But you are so messed up with this post I HAVE to correct you.

1.  Butch Davis took an expansion Cleveland Browns (remember, the originals had moved to Baltimore) and in his second season took them to the playoffs.

2.  Go back and view all of the rankings of Nutt's recruiting classes, before, during, and after the cloud.  Almost no change.

AND THIS IS THE ONE THAT MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD WHEN I READ WHAT YOU SAID...

3.  Butch Davis when he WENT to Miami LOST 31 Scholorships.  It was HALF OF A DEATH PENALITY.  He is the one that started their 34 game winning streak!!!  You see, he couldn't just get whoever he wanted...he wasn't allowed to. 

So, you might want to push the ole "modify" key and remove that statement about not having to recruit "under an NCAA investigation" and losing schollies.  What?  We lost how many? 2? 3?  He lost 31. 

I'm not saying Butch is the answer...But your comments are so misinformed...it is amusing!

Retired Radio Host

pigture perfect

Definition of Butch -1 The ugly kid from The Little rascals who was a bully
2. A really bad haircut, 3. A Bull Dyke, 4. A guy who has not been very successful as a HC
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Richard_white

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 01, 2006, 12:08:29 am
Definition of Butch -1 The ugly kid from The Little rascals who was a bully
2. A really bad haircut, 3. A Bull Dyke, 4. A guy who has not been very successful as a HC

And you think Houston Nutt mullet is better?

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Richard_white

Richard_white

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: DUKE SNYDER on February 28, 2006, 10:18:20 pm
So just keep on dreaming because it isn't
going to happen.Give it up or at least
quit bitching about it all the time

1.  We'll see whether or not I'm "dreaming".  I trust the people who have shared this information with me far more than an anonymous poster who doesn't know how to use the word wrap feature.
2.  Where am I bitching?  I think HDN is a lousy coach.  That's stating an opinion, not bitching.  If you're going to use "you" when you make acusations, make sure YOU have done your homework.
3.  Have a nice day.  I will; it's a golfing day!

;D

mountainhog

The only coach i can think of id like to see here that is a proven winner is ...Jimmie Johson.

hoggin das

Sorry to perpetuate the hijacking of this thread, but..I sometimes wonder if all the lovefest for Davis is because he is a homer. That would explain the Tyson support.  How many of you guys pulling for Davis are from NW Arkansas?

As for Heath, he seems to have it going now. Rome wasn't built in a day.

FLKeysGuy

I'm not sure I'm "pulling" for Davis as much as I am supporting the idea of a change of head coach.  I am, indeed, from NWA, but all that's telling you is that I live near some of the people who are influential in the Foundation.  Nonetheless, Davis has indicated a sincere interest in the job and has support of some big-money backers (as well as a friendship with Gus).  He seems like a logical replacement.

No lovefest; no bitching; just stating the facts of the situation along with my opinion that a head coaching change is imminent after the 2006 season.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 01, 2006, 12:13:26 am
Nope!
But you like The Nutt.
So you are saying you would choose The Nutt over Davis?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07