Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are Black Friday Crowds a Thing of the Past?

Started by HawgWild, November 27, 2015, 05:33:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Wal-Mart published their Black Friday ad over a week in advance and allowed on-line purchasing beginning the day before, Thursday at 1:00 am CST. Couple this with free shipping and why fight the crowds?

DeltaBoy

NOPE but I don't need anything they are selling this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

redbarn

Belks sent out an email that they stated "Surprise, Black Friday starts mow". This was on Wednesday evening at 6PM so we loaded up and went. It was like a regular shopping day with no crowds and no waiting.  Thursday though, I was told they still had a line of about 500-600 people waiting to get in.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Black Friday 2015 had nothing we needed or wanted this year.   

DeltaBoy

Update Same song and dance for 2016 !!!! Nothing at all needed by us on Black Friday.

DeltaBoy

YES cause 90% of our Christmas was bought at Half Priced books or ordered off Amazon.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HawgWild on November 27, 2015, 05:33:23 pm
Wal-Mart published their Black Friday ad over a week in advance and allowed on-line purchasing beginning the day before, Thursday at 1:00 am CST. Couple this with free shipping and why fight the crowds?
Yes. Considered racist by all snowflakes and by most politicians. Black Friday sale going the way of the dodo bird.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 07, 2018, 12:10:32 pm
Yes. Considered racist by all snowflakes and by most politicians. Black Friday sale going the way of the dodo bird.

You might be right.  But they are not as good of deals as a decade ago.