Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burn it or not??

Started by Hogs49ers, September 18, 2017, 03:56:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

So I collect some basketball cards every once in awhile and I saw that some of Lonzo Ball's cards were going for astronomical prices on Ebay so figured I would buy a couple packs to try and hit a Lonzo Ball rookie autograph card...Instead of Lonzo, I hit 'he shall not be named'.  My first thought was that I should burn it, and then I started thinking that he could actually be a really good player and the card will probably be worth some pretty good money so I should hold onto it and try to sell it.  I am torn, what should I do?  Burn or sell?  See picture below. 
SCREW Vandy!

The_Iceman

RazrRila99

Think with your wallet on this one:  wait a few years, see how the "takes" to the league, and if you cant quadruple your money spent, burn it.

factchecker

Sell it.

Use the money you make to buy Razorback basketball tickets.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Little Lady Back

Quote from: factchecker on September 18, 2017, 04:26:32 pm
Sell it.

Good advice!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

HoopS

Advertise it for sale to his hometown team. Kentucky.

phadedhawg

Burn it!  LOLOL

naaa...i'd prolly keep it if I owned it but I would keep it locked away so I'd rarely see it. 

If ever Arkansas loses in basketball, maybe bring it out and curse it and blame it for all the ills in the world.

PorkRinds

Burn it and post the video.

MakingPlays

Man, I wouldn't let that thing stay in my house.  You should give it to me I'll get rid of it for you  ;)

Hogs49ers

Quote from: factchecker on September 18, 2017, 04:26:32 pm
Sell it.

Haha thanks for the advice everyone, good stuff. 

The above post is probably the most rational thing to do and is a great idea, but I am not sure I can think rationally in this situation...  ;)
SCREW Vandy!

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

BannerMountainMan

Yeah the retweets in twitter are more important than the money you'll get!!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hogs49ers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 18, 2017, 05:40:18 pm
Yeah the retweets in twitter are more important than the money you'll get!!!

Haha, burning a card of a Kentucky player that has value well over $100 would garner quite a bit of attention from Hog fans!  Another solid idea.

I suppose I am pretty unlucky because I also hit Bam, so if I can just hit Fox, I could burn the trio all together!
SCREW Vandy!

Dr. Starcs

Letsroll1200

Give it to a kid that's a fan. Show some goodwill

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 18, 2017, 07:56:37 pm
what kind of nonsense is this, trying to give an Arkansas kid a Monk card
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 18, 2017, 03:56:50 pm
So I collect some basketball cards every once in awhile and I saw that some of Lonzo Ball's cards were going for astronomical prices on Ebay so figured I would buy a couple packs to try and hit a Lonzo Ball rookie autograph card...Instead of Lonzo, I hit 'he shall not be named'.  My first thought was that I should burn it, and then I started thinking that he could actually be a really good player and the card will probably be worth some pretty good money so I should hold onto it and try to sell it.  I am torn, what should I do?  Burn or sell?  See picture below.

Rub junk over it and then sell.

The Hogfather

Either sell it now or burn it.  It'll be a few cents more than those Archy Goodloss autographed cards in a few years.

Foshodo

as a dork that collects autographs... sell it now. that set in particular never holds its value once the new stuff is pushed out. the exception being the cracked ice parallels

Hogs49ers

September 19, 2017, 02:41:48 am #20 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:55:35 am by Hogs49ers
Quote from: Foshodo on September 19, 2017, 02:29:59 am
as a dork that collects autographs... sell it now. that set in particular never holds its value once the new stuff is pushed out. the exception being the cracked ice parallels

Thanks for the advice, I kind of thought that myself and figured it would be best to go ahead and sell now since its basically some of the first stuff out and really the only new stuff out at this point so not many of those guys have cards yet.  I did get lucky and hit 2 cracked ice /23 autos - one of Tony Bradley of UNC (hate him too) and Donovan Mitchell (I think that card is actually worth at least $200).  Annoyed that I basically got a bunch of guys I hate haha.
SCREW Vandy!

Inhogswetrust

WHY anyone with a brain would pay for a card of any type is baffling. Same for autographs.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogwood

Buy them all and then burn each one except the last one and you'll be a rich man. Then donate that money to U of A lol.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 18, 2017, 08:02:02 pm
what kind of nonsense is this, trying to give an Arkansas kid a Monk card

Monk is a Arkansas kid. Get over it

311Hog

East TN HAWG

I think you laminate them, and tape them to the bottom of your toilet.  That way you can show them how you feel every day.   

NoogaHog

You don't have to keep it, but you may as well get some money out of it. So sell it.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Foshodo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 19, 2017, 07:02:28 am
WHY anyone with a brain would pay for a card of any type is baffling. Same for autographs.

Thanks for letting me know how ya feel.

BigSexyHog

Piss on it and then send it to Monk
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HawgsPolo

Not, don't get caught up in the fandumb.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogwood on September 19, 2017, 09:42:07 am
Buy them all and then burn each one except the last one and you'll be a rich man. Then donate that money to U of A lol.

Brilliant!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Foshodo on September 19, 2017, 03:47:18 pm
Thanks for letting me know how ya feel.

Nothing personal. I feel that way about any autograph hound or card collector.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 19, 2017, 07:14:07 pm
Brilliant!

Wow that is actually extremely brilliant!  And if you put that on video and it went viral (as I assume it would since you would be burning 10s of thousands of dollars in value bc your hate for a team), there would become a story behind the only card left and how rare it is and it would be worth a ton!  Corner the market! I imagine it would be basically impossible to get them all though, but I would imagine you could find 70% of them overtime on Ebay since there are only 99 made.
SCREW Vandy!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 19, 2017, 10:44:09 pm
Wow that is actually extremely brilliant!  And if you put that on video and it went viral (as I assume it would since you would be burning 10s of thousands of dollars in value bc your hate for a team), there would become a story behind the only card left and how rare it is and it would be worth a ton!  Corner the market! I imagine it would be basically impossible to get them all though, but I would imagine you could find 70% of them overtime on Ebay since there are only 99 made.

As far as I'm concerned that is 99 too many.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 20, 2017, 06:51:23 pm
As far as I'm concerned that is 99 too many.

We know, already heard your opinion.  Thanks.
SCREW Vandy!

Inhogswetrust

ShadowHawg

Sell it while you still can. Chances are he isn't going to be a star and that will make the autograph next to worthless.

The value of the card itself isn't likely to go up either. Most collectibles that are "special edition" issue don't appreciate a lot over time.

BallHog1

You should keep it with your Ashley Judd poster and your Big Blue sign....turncoat.....

Foshodo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 19, 2017, 07:15:21 pm
Nothing personal. I feel that way about any autograph hound or card collector.

No offense taken I guess... I started collecting the NBA top 50 with my dad and I've got 48. I've got an admittedly unhealthy Ronnie Brewer collection, as a former librarian married to a librarian I've met a lot of my favorite authors and I've gotten a few of my favorite musicians to sign some of my records at concerts.

LRHog

just write TRAITOR in blood across his face. Problem solved. Frank that dude and his family.

LRHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 18, 2017, 07:56:37 pm

If theres a kid in arkansas that is a fan, they should move to kentucky :P

LR_Matt

So much butt hurt in here....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LR_Matt on September 23, 2017, 10:24:32 pm
So much butt hurt in here....

I have no problem with a recruit signing somewhere else as long as the recruitment is handled properly by both sides. Everything we've heard from those in the know is that the Monk side was handled bad.