Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 08:23:58 pm

FOX HD

Started by ur, January 02, 2008, 07:46:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ur

How come fox HD is terrible with their bowl games but I watch the fox highlights on ESPN and the picture is perfect. I have even had to go from the 16:9 format to the stretch format to fill in my screen. Anyone have the same problem or why they are downgrading the broadcast for cable in fay.?

Hammibal Lecter

might be your feed, my fox hd is by far the best and clearest of any hd channel I have.
What service do you use?
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

SpiritHog

the problem is that while the HD signal is sent to the Fox stations most of them do not broadcast it HD and that fuzzies it up.  that is the case if you are coming out of ft. smith
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: If you have a true HD TV, the HD broadcast will fill up your widescreen. No exceptions. If you do not have a HD feed, it will not fill up the screen.
     Fox and ESPN are two of the best HD pictures I receive on my cable.   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

ur

Quote from: SPIRITHOG on January 02, 2008, 07:53:38 pm
the problem is that while the HD signal is sent to the Fox stations most of them do not broadcast it HD and that fuzzies it up.  that is the case if you are coming out of ft. smith
I have cox cable in fay. I think what is happening in ft smith is what is happening in fay. The cotton bowl picture was terrible. Yes, my tv is true HD.

SteveInArk

DirecTV feed is perfect, always good Fox Sports HD...  pretty sure Spirthog is correct.  We have "local" Fox from Springfield and they just recently started over the air digital, but before, not HD.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Hammibal Lecter

Quote from: SPIRITHOG on January 02, 2008, 07:53:38 pm
spirit is right, I didn't notice you were in Fayetteville.
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

The HogDog

I have Cox Cable and my FOX HD channel is always one of the best pictures.  Some of my other HD channels fluctuate on signal quality though.

DEVICEHIGH

Fort Smith(VB) FOX HD was great.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

reptilehog

I use a standard off the air antenna to pick up my local channels when they broadcast in HD.  All the local channels in Little Rock broadcast games in HD and CBS and Fox are the best pics.  Only problem is you have to live close enough to a broadcasting tower to get un-interupted feeds, but it's free TV.  

Just a thought for those that didn't know about this.

SteveInArk

Quote from: reptilehog on January 02, 2008, 08:13:02 pm
I use a standard off the air antenna to pick up my local channels when they broadcast in HD.  All the local channels in Little Rock broadcast games in HD and CBS and Fox are the best pics.  Only problem is you have to live close enough to a broadcasting tower to get un-interupted feeds, but it's free TV.  

Just a thought for those that didn't know about this.

And don't give up on this in the future, if you're in a fringe area...  some cities don't have their final high power transmitters up and running yet.  It will only get better until the mandatory switch to digital-only in 2009.  For example, in the Springfield, Mo market here, CBS and PBS have had high power HD for years, FOX recently came on board,  and NBC is off and on.   Only laggard is ABC.   I live in mountainous area of Arkansas, 50+ miles away, and use a small Radio Shack TV antenna (not the big one), and it is only 7 feet off the ground.... And with digital, it is either perfect or nothing (pixilated sp?), no fuzzy "in-between" to drive you nuts.

And some nice surprises, since the new technology lets them send multiple digital feeds.  For example, the new digital tower for KNWA/Rogers (51-1 and 51-2) is located near Garfield, Ark, only 10 miles away from my house....  though a CBS affiliate, they feed the FOX 24 signal on 51-2.  Its not HD (like CBS on 51-1), but at least I get ARSN TV of the pre-conference Hog BB games. :razorback:
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

woodhog14

I personally think ESPNHD is the best HD picture I have. I mean crytal, crystal clear.

JigNPig

I didn't get the Georgia Hawaii game in HD on fox last night, but the WV Oklahoma game tonight is broadcast in HD on fox.  The feed tonight is awesome.  It's out of Cox cable in Ft Smith
Go Hogs!  Woooooo Pig Sooie!

razorshark

Quote from: SteveInArk on January 02, 2008, 08:51:23 pm
And don't give up on this in the future, if you're in a fringe area...  some cities don't have their final high power transmitters up and running yet.  It will only get better until the mandatory switch to digital-only in 2009.  For example, in the Springfield, Mo market here, CBS and PBS have had high power HD for years, FOX recently came on board,  and NBC is off and on.   Only laggard is ABC.   I live in mountainous area of Arkansas, 50+ miles away, and use a small Radio Shack TV antenna (not the big one), and it is only 7 feet off the ground.... And with digital, it is either perfect or nothing (pixilated sp?), no fuzzy "in-between" to drive you nuts.

And some nice surprises, since the new technology lets them send multiple digital feeds.  For example, the new digital tower for KNWA/Rogers (51-1 and 51-2) is located near Garfield, Ark, only 10 miles away from my house....  though a CBS affiliate, they feed the FOX 24 signal on 51-2.  Its not HD (like CBS on 51-1), but at least I get ARSN TV of the pre-conference Hog BB games. :razorback:

I have both an antenna and Cox Cable.  No problem with HD on Fox and Cox Cable.  Hope this link helps if you decide an outdoor antenna.  I live in Fayetteville and have one from Radio Shack sitting on my privacy fence.  (looks like a stealth fighter and cost me about $100)  Bought it 2 years ago and get CBS, ABC, FOX and PBS in HD.  Comes in handy when Cox screws up and cable goes out, I just flip it over to the antenna.

Check it out.   http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

SpiritHog

Beginning Jan 1, 2009 all this will be behind you.  FCC requires all broadcasts be digital by that date.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

ur

Quote from: JigNPig on January 02, 2008, 09:36:29 pm
I didn't get the Georgia Hawaii game in HD on fox last night, but the WV Oklahoma game tonight is broadcast in HD on fox.  The feed tonight is awesome.  It's out of Cox cable in Ft Smith
I had the same for the bowl games. It must be the local affiliate's signal. I hope the rest of the fox bowl games are sent on in HD.