Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video: Formation jet pack flying over Dubai

Started by Flying Razorback, May 12, 2015, 08:36:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

These guys fly jetpacks through the desert and then kick it up a notch and do an awesome aerial display over Dubai.  They get rrreeeaallll close to the Burj Khalifa.  All of this just using their arms and bodies as control surfaces.

I'm not going to lie, it looks awesome.  Crazy and scary at times.  But this is some real flight.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Pistol Pete

Flying Razorback

This is as close to Dubai as I have flown.  I don't think I'd get nearly as close to those buildings as they did.

Flying Razorback

They created islands to look like the globe.  After a few times over them I finally saw it.  However, I think this project has died or else they aren't going to put buildings on them or something.

GusMcRae

Quote from: Flying Razorback on May 13, 2015, 09:36:11 am
This is as close to Dubai as I have flown.  I don't think I'd get nearly as close to those buildings as they did.

How in the world do they get a solid foundation underneath all that?  Pretty amazing!
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: GusMcRae on May 18, 2015, 01:34:07 pm
How in the world do they get a solid foundation underneath all that?  Pretty amazing!

I have no idea and I've wondered the same thing.  It is pretty amazing.  Those people have too much money an don't know what to do with it sometimes.