Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt asked about his name being thrown around on ESPN

Started by beachhawg, November 30, 2006, 02:20:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dana caldwell

Quote from: SultanofSwine on November 30, 2006, 02:38:18 pm
Quote from: arkiehawg on November 30, 2006, 02:30:07 pm
Quote from: SultanofSwine on November 30, 2006, 02:22:19 pm
Certainly didn't say anything to indicate he was closing the door on such an opportunity.

Nor opening them....

If the "rumors" were really as much of a distraction as he let on, that was the perfect time to squash them entirely. HE DIDN'T.

exactly. in this area, nutt knows darned well exactly what he is doing, hence the "right now" comments.

yes, sexton is busy with spurrier today. probably not much past today. then he'll be full-bore on this with nutt.

sexton being involved with spurrier is also another reason (besides the horrific reaction of bama fans, former players and boosters) that nutt likely IS out of that mix, unfortunately.

stay tuned. these things can happen in a hurry.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Frank and Swine on November 30, 2006, 03:42:54 pm
Quote from: arkrazfan on November 30, 2006, 02:41:46 pm
How is this Nutt's fault that his name is being thrown around. He is not a newspaper or television reporter. Nothing he can do. It is not like he is saying, "Bama, that would be cool", or "Miami, my wife would love the weather and shopping there". It is not like he likes all these distractions a few days before one of the biggest games of his career.

No one said it was a fault. A lot of people are happy to hear it, including myself.

if u think sexton hasn't been and won't again be shopping nutt, well, there's nothing that i can do to help u along here.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Snoot on November 30, 2006, 03:36:51 pm
Quote from: Brutalis on November 30, 2006, 02:29:26 pm
Gus is not ready to lead the Arkansas Razorbacks. I don't know what firing Nutt will prove to the retarded darksiders after they see what happens.

If we can fire Nutt and land a good HC and keep Gus where he is so he can learn and get better at what HE does then sure. If Nutt gets fired in order for Gus to step up then I will be a darksider.
If Nutt goes, so does Gus and the others, Herring may be kept on by the new coach though

if nutt goes, malzahn and the others follow?

hello? earth to, well, who are you?!!!

dana caldwell

Quote from: Snoot on November 30, 2006, 03:34:52 pm
Quote from: JETBACK on November 30, 2006, 02:27:50 pm
where is the proof
Dude there hardly ever is any real proof to the stuff said in here.

quick, prove grass is green.

prove that george washington existed.

prove that nutt is the HC at arkansas this very second.

some of u folks ...

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: HogManDew616 on November 30, 2006, 02:50:05 pm
Ok...  We all agree Gus isn't ready.  So, say HDN does leave Arkansas.  Who do we have to choose from?  Coker?  Shula?  Even if you're not a HDN fan, do y'all think any of the the options are any better?

I think Gus calling the shots and establishing the philosophy would be excellent! He has plenty of help from Reggie, Coach Rocker and outside sources such as Joe Ferguson and even (gasp) JFB to get him through the administrative part of coaching until he gets his feet under him. As far as a football coach, I'd take Gus over HDN, Shula, Coker or any of the potential candidates. Ideally, if HDN vacates the position, we should be able to draw a proven coach from a lesser conference that would have no reason to get rid of Gus or Reggie. We do not need another coaching system. We need a man to bring the parts we have together.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.