Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who else is done with this team?

Started by hogwildjoshua, February 05, 2018, 10:19:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwildjoshua

The_Iceman

I am done watching Mediocre Mike "coach" our basketball program.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 05, 2018, 10:21:59 am

I'm done with it all.  Hell fire them all.  Fire the assistants, fire mike, fire them all and start from the ground up next year.

kaki

Disappointed, frustrated, but I will be done 48 hours after they cover me with dirt.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: kaki on February 05, 2018, 10:29:57 am
Disappointed, frustrated, but I will be done 48 hours after they cover me with dirt.

I'm going to that game.  Never going to another basketball game this year.  Can't wait for baseball

greenEGnHAWGS

Done with? No matter my frustration. I'll never be "done" with the guys who wear the Hogs jerseys win or lose.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 05, 2018, 10:31:21 am
Done with? No matter my frustration. I'll never be "done" with the guys who wear the Hogs jerseys win or lose.

The reason I am done with this team is the lack of effort and the mediocre coach on the sideline.

CPO Hog

Haven't watched a game in 3 weeks. It's hurts to watch the HOGs play such crappy ball.

jst01

Quote from: kaki on February 05, 2018, 10:29:57 am

So not when your brain stops working..but 48 hours after you are buried? Mmm kay.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 05, 2018, 10:32:07 am
The reason I am done with this team is the lack of effort and the mediocre coach on the sideline.

Cool. I'll be watching and pulling for them as always. Enjoy your sulking.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: jst01 on February 05, 2018, 10:33:08 am
So not when your brain stops working..but 48 hours after you are buried? Mmm kay.

Maybe he's anticipating a brutal murder or a botched magic trick?

hogsanity

I'll still watch, but not with the enthusiasm I had after the ou game or even the Tn game. Right now I watch and just wait for the 3 minute stretch where it will all fall apart.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: CPO Hog on February 05, 2018, 10:32:59 am
Haven't watched a game in 3 weeks. It's hurts to watch the HOGs play such crappy ball.

Wish I was you man.  Mediocre Mike letting this team play like it  :puke:

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 05, 2018, 10:33:37 am
Cool. I'll be watching and pulling for them as always. Enjoy your sulking.

Keep supporting that mediocre coach.  Enjoy the terrible basketball.

Ironhawg

I'll enjoy the wins and won't sweat the losses.  It is what it is.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 05, 2018, 10:35:03 am
I'll still watch, but not with the enthusiasm I had after the ou game or even the Tn game. Right now I watch and just wait for the 3 minute stretch where it will all fall apart.

This is about where I am. I don't expect too much but I always will cheer for them.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 05, 2018, 10:36:48 am
I'll enjoy the wins and won't sweat the losses.  It is what it is.

I love it when we win, but it always seems like even if we do win, it's with mediocre basketball and we just got lucky.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 05, 2018, 10:35:49 am
Wish I was you man.  Mediocre Mike letting this team play like it  :puke:
Keep supporting that mediocre coach.  Enjoy the terrible basketball.

Just out of morbid curiosity...do you give up on EVERY team that starts losing due to personnel for whatever reason? I mean...you seem like a fall"fan" who only cheers for "his team" when they are winning.

And thank you, I will support my team and will watch each gamewith the hopes of a win.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 05, 2018, 10:41:01 am
Just out of morbid curiosity...do you give up on EVERY team that starts losing due to personnel for whatever reason? I mean...you seem like a fall"fan" who only cheers for "his team" when they are winning.

And thank you, I will support my team and will watch each gamewith the hopes of a win.

I love the Hogs.  I just won't support a team that plays with 0 effort in the beginning and claims they play with a "chip on their shoulder" and then comes out flat EVERY GAME.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 05, 2018, 10:42:25 am
I love the Hogs.  I just won't support a team that plays with 0 effort in the beginning and claims they play with a "chip on their shoulder" and then comes out flat EVERY GAME.

That's what I thought. Hopefully they start winning enough to get your loyalty back.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 05, 2018, 10:45:16 am
That's what I thought. Hopefully they start winning enough to get your loyalty back.

I am loyal to this team.  I just won't support them by buying tickets and donating to the Razorback Foundation cash cow

Breems

They can still make the tournament, so I'm still in.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Breems on February 05, 2018, 10:58:46 am
They can still make the tournament, so I'm still in.

Indeed they can.  The trend is down though right now.  They better win tomorrow night or it's over for good.  And I'll watch.  Let's just make that clear.  I'm still gonna watch.  But I'm done with this coach and this ball-hog team that runs the same dumb offense and plays no defense with no effort.

Kevin

Even though it is not enjoyable Basketball I will watch. Much like the heath & pel years.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TNhawgfan

Still going to watch, still going to root, still going to be disappointed when they lose. BUT it is not life or death for me the way it was back in the Nolan years (I would sulk for days when we lost), and the losses don't hurt as much as in football. So I have definitely become apathetic over the years
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 05, 2018, 11:04:55 am
Still going to watch, still going to root, still going to be disappointed when they lose. BUT it is not life or death for me the way it was back in the Nolan years (I would sulk for days when we lost), and the losses don't hurt as much as in football. So I have definitely become apathetic over the years

I think being a hog fan for so long does that to you.  Each loss doesn't sting anymore...it's just numb and dull.  I hope we can win tomorrow to get my hopes back up.  Right now I'm just way down.  This basketball team has no effort or fire it seems like the whole game and THAT is one Mediocre Mike.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 05, 2018, 10:41:01 am

Due to personnel?  We have some talent. It's being squandered due largely to a lack of coaching adaptability.

cardsNhogs

I will watch but won't get too excited if we win or too disappointing if we lose. Im ready to get a coach in here that knows what the heck he is doing!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HogsonHicks on February 05, 2018, 11:20:55 am
Due to personnel?  We have some talent. It's being squandered due largely to a lack of coaching adaptability.

The personnel I was referring to was not just the players.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Kevin on February 05, 2018, 11:04:54 am
Even though it is not enjoyable Basketball I will watch. Much like the heath & pel years.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

The_Iceman

Does anyone else believe we would have ended up in better shape this year if Bailey and Osabuohien were the only Power Forwards on the roster.

hogsmash12

I'll watch with passive interest while in the gym.  I would skip it because I was excited to get home from work to watch the game, but not right now.  If I thought Mike was going to make the necessary adjustments on defense then I might be more excited but it's the same old story.

Jeffcphog

How does a team break out of a 3 point shooting slump?  Easy, just play the Hogs. 

1dayinthelifeofporkiepig

I record every game & watch afterwards. That way I can skip commercials & halftime. It also gives me the chance to watch the game with my thumb on the fast forward button if necessary. The LSU game I was able to "watch" in about 20 minutes. The shorter games makes my wife happy :)

Dirty

No, still in!  I say we keep him until he decides when he wants to leave. I believe he should get seven more! 

tomahawkhog

Nope. Season isn't over. Is it going the way I wanted it to?  No, but why quit?just shows what kind of person you really are  in my mind.
Go Hogs!

3of5-2

Quote from: Dirty on February 05, 2018, 03:52:11 pm
No, still in!  I say we keep him until he decides when he wants to leave. I believe he should get seven more!
I'm good with him getting 7 more........games not years.

bvillepig

I am disappointed that this group has chosen their moments to play defense and that our coach has not lived up to my expectations. The next few games will determine how well they handle adversity. I am still 100% behind them all. I hope they suck it up and become the team they were earlier.

sadhogfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 05, 2018, 10:21:59 am

I guess if you're not watching anymore, you don't have any reason to comment here either?

SardisHog

I am not a Mike supporter but I will continue to watch the Hogs. The time has come to change the leadership of this program.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

orvillesghost

I watch a game now and again, hope they win but it don't kill me if they lose.

Same way with football, gotten older, it just don't mean what it used to.

Anderson's teams will always be decent but not very good much less great

Can still enjoy watching though.

Knot2brite

I will intentionally watch them up until February 16 and then I will watch them only if they don't interfere with baseball. If there is another college baseball game on at the same time as the Hogs basketball game is and I want to watch the baseball game .....then I will probably dvr the game and watch the baseball game. I have decided that I am still a fan...just not a diehard fan...I figure it will be the same this fall
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ChicoHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 05, 2018, 11:04:55 am
Same here and for me it goes back to the early 80's and the Sutton years when I was in college.  So different now but I am a glutton for punishment I guess and keep tuning in.  I hope our new AD doesn't let the GOBN pressure him into keeping Anderson.  We need fresh blood in the HC position. 

ballinhog

I'm done with Mike Anderson. I had been up and down but not anymore. I have no faith in him.

I will still support the team and the players, but hopeful something happens and we make a change.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 05, 2018, 07:49:14 pm
I will intentionally watch them up until February 16 and then I will watch them only if they don't interfere with baseball. If there is another college baseball game on at the same time as the Hogs basketball game is and I want to watch the baseball game .....then I will probably dvr the game and watch the baseball game. I have decided that I am still a fan...just not a diehard fan...I figure it will be the same this fall

Man we've got a lot of quit in our fan base. Football season under a new regime hasn't even started yet and you're already ready to quit on them. Of course football might struggle in CCMs first year, but man am I excited to see what this staff can do!

Funny how so many can't be die-hard fans cuz we're not winning the amount of games you hope for. Unbelievable.

I also just find it humorous why "non-die hard" fans feel the need to come to a message board to announce the "non-die-hardness" to the team.

Knot2brite

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 06, 2018, 09:19:48 am
Man we've got a lot of quit in our fan base. Football season under a new regime hasn't even started yet and you're already ready to quit on them. Of course football might struggle in CCMs first year, but man am I excited to see what this staff can do!

Funny how so many can't be die-hard fans cuz we're not winning the amount of games you hope for. Unbelievable.

I also just find it humorous why "non-die hard" fans feel the need to come to a message board to announce the "non-die-hardness" to the team.

Cool story.....but I don't care what you think...and I am not the only one feeling this way...I have watched many many people who are abandoning the Hogs in this state because of the clown show that is running the programs up there.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

okrazorback

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 05, 2018, 11:22:43 am
I will watch but won't get too excited if we win or too disappointing if we lose. Im ready to get a coach in here that knows what the heck he is doing!

we may never get a coach in here that knows what he is doing, but I hope we do. Heck I'd like to see Mike do it but not just make it to the tourney.

k.c.hawg

Same place I've been with Hog basketball for the last 45 years. I start every season knowing Dec thru March would suck without basketball. Football runs thru January but the number of games tails off and that leaves nothing but basketball. In those 45 years, I could count the times I've missed a Hog game broadcast/telecast or live game, probably on one hand. By late November I have a deep emotional investment in the team and in the possibilities for the team. Emotional investment increases or decreases based on the success as the season goes. I cannot wake up angry for 2 or 3 days after all 15 losses in a 15 loss season. That however does not keep me from starting every game with hopes for that particular game. I mean WTH else would I prefer doing on Tuesday Feb 6th at 6pm than anticipating a Hog game. I hope to hell we get the win tonight.....if 5 minutes in to the 2nd half it looks like a lost cause I will have calmed down and watch the string out......hoping to see something encouraging from a young player.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 06, 2018, 09:38:08 am
Same place I've been with Hog basketball for the last 45 years. I start every season knowing Dec thru March would suck without basketball. Football runs thru January but the number of games tails off and that leaves nothing but basketball. In those 45 years, I could count the times I've missed a Hog game broadcast/telecast or live game, probably on one hand. By late November I have a deep emotional investment in the team and in the possibilities for the team. Emotional investment increases or decreases based on the success as the season goes. I cannot wake up angry for 2 or 3 days after all 15 losses in a 15 loss season. That however does not keep me from starting every game with hopes for that particular game. I mean WTH else would I prefer doing on Tuesday Feb 6th at 6pm than anticipating a Hog game. I hope to hell we get the win tonight.....if 5 minutes in to the 2nd half it looks like a lost cause I will have calmed down and watch the string out......hoping to see something encouraging from a young player.

This is me almost to the T right here. All in win, lose or draw.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 06, 2018, 09:29:15 am
Cool story.....but I don't care what you think...and I am not the only one feeling this way...I have watched many many people who are abandoning the Hogs in this state because of the clown show that is running the programs up there.

Many, many people keep showing up at the Bud to watch the Hogs. Guess hardly any of them are on Hogville.
Hogs up! Covid down!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 06, 2018, 09:29:15 am

Trust me. I did not for a moment think you cared nor was I inferring that you did. You actually proved my point as I said that we have many in our fanbase who are quitters cuz we're not winning enough. Does that mean I like MA? No. But with our new AD, I don't think MA has a free pass just cuz he is a home boy. So I'll wait and see what happens.

Btw...Unless a Sandusky-type offense has taken over the Hill, I'm Die-hard no matter what. But I've talked to you before and you've announced several times just how "non-die hard" you are, so you most likely have no idea what I'm even talking about.