Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you take Houston Nutt back if he was your only choice?

Started by WalHog2018, November 08, 2017, 02:40:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WalHog2018

Atlhogfan1

- no. Would rather drop football.  Don't know who Brett is.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

phadedhawg

What has Houston Nutt done to deserve to have to clean up this mess?  I know he didn't leave Arkansas on the best of terms but he never did as much damage to the program as Bert. 

It would be unfair to Nutt.

Malvin

I'd take him back in a heart beat, he was fun, even though he drove everybody crazy.  Much better than the embarrassing crap we are going through right now.

Tusks

Would you rather have to cut off your hand or your foot.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SquidBilly

The Hawg Marshal

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

3of5-2

Mr. Porkleone

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

AFWarrior83

We have other (better) options than HDN, so...this question is silly.
Hogville member since 2005.

ricepig

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 02:52:54 pm
As the AD??  Possibly

As the head coach??   No way.
So you don't want him to screw up the football team, but you are more than happy for him to screw up the entire athletic department?

Justifiable Hogicide

Hell to the NO!
Don't want him anywhere around the program. Ever again.

depressed_fan

too much water under the bridge now. we never should have ran the man off. He was by far and away the best coach we will ever get. 42-38 in the SEC in ten years at Arkansas. If you think we'll ever see a ten year stretch like that again you have a fat dump in your pants.

GuvHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 08, 2017, 03:00:59 pm
So you don't want him to screw up the football team, but you are more than happy for him to screw up the entire athletic department?

I don't think he would screw up Athletic department. He'd be getting a lot of good advice from people already in the department and the Chancellor would be keeping a close eye on him. Saying I would be "more than happy" is a bit of an exaggeration.  Saying I would be "Cautiously optimistic" is more like it. He'd be better than Jeff Long anytime but that isn't saying much.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SquidBilly

As the AD??  Possibly

That's not how this works, it's not how any of this works.

HawgHawk

PorkSoda

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 03:11:36 pm
I don't think he would screw up Athletic department. He'd be getting a lot of good advice from people already in the department and the Chancellor would be keeping a close eye on him. Saying I would be "more than happy" is a bit of an exaggeration.  saying I would be "Cautiously optimistic" is more like it. He'd be better than Jeff Long anytime but that isn't saying much.
you can stop digging any time now
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ipigsooie

As the AD??  Possibly

He couldnt leave it alone if he were ad.

26.2Hog

You know those signs as you enter the state that say "Welcome to Arkansas"?

They should change them to say, "Welcome to Arkansas, Except for You, Houston Nutt".

The Hawg Marshal

EastexHawg

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 02:46:15 pm
Would you rather have to cut off your hand or your foot.

That pretty much sums it up.  But whichever one Nutt is...I would cut off first.  Not just no to that moron, but hell no.

I never want to see his beady eyes darting around the room again, looking to see if there is a single person who is still buying his BS.

MJ2

BearsBisonsBoars

Maybe. But only so I could gripe and mock the coach without feeling kind of badly about it.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Tejano Jawg

It has to be a 'packaged deal'...Nutt would also have to mysteriously inherit the amazing talent he did the first time.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Steef

WalHog2018

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 08, 2017, 03:50:28 pm
It has to be a 'packaged deal'...Nutt would also have to mysteriously inherit the amazing talent he did the first time.
Its called recruiting. He didnt inherit DMAC

jackflash

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

MudBone

I like to see him come back. He put a lot of players in the NFL and was exciting to watch. Some times predictable on offense but otherwise I thought he was a good coach.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 08, 2017, 03:52:28 pm

No, but Nutt had little to do with his first team. Especially all the guys who went from average to All-SEC in 1998 to NFL teams in the next year or 2.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Steef

No.

No.

No.

Now I WOULD consider agreeing to a restraining order keeping him 100 miles from the campus.

Any campus.

Every campus.

31to6

EastexHawg

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 08, 2017, 03:52:28 pm

So Nutt was responsible for Matt Jones and Darren McFadden being born in the state of Arkansas?  How so?  Did he inseminate their mothers?

farmhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 08, 2017, 02:42:26 pm
- no. Would rather drop football.  Don't know who Brett is.   
hell no, I agree, drop the program instead.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

LRRandy

If Nutt was hired as AD do you think he would hire Malzahn as head football coach?
This is fun, isn't it.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Paul

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 08, 2017, 04:40:27 pm
So Nutt was responsible for Matt Jones and Darren McFadden being born in the state of Arkansas?  How so?  Did he inseminate their mothers?
Hmmmm   then & only then would I accept him back...he could create us a whole 85 man team!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: LRRandy on November 08, 2017, 04:43:13 pm
If Nutt was hired as AD do you think he would hire Malzahn as head football coach?

He'd hire Malazahn.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 08, 2017, 02:40:59 pm
We have never won games like this with Brett.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1gAALT5S_i8
I can honestly say that IF HDN truly is our only choice I would vote to suspend playing football in ANY conference immediately.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hog Fan n Tx

Quote from: LRRandy on November 08, 2017, 04:43:13 pm

He would hire him just so he could fire him.  That is the kind of person nutt is.

hotdog hog

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 08, 2017, 03:09:43 pm
too much water under the bridge now. we never should have ran the man off. He was by far and away the best coach we will ever get. 42-38 in the SEC in ten years at Arkansas. If you think we'll ever see a ten year stretch like that again you have a fat dump in your pants.
100% correct. Petrino was hated by many in Louisville but it's worked out for them. I'd take either one of them back. Nutt is available. But that ain't gonna happen