Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why doesnt Stan and the Gang recruit Bryan Sherrer

Started by Trough Cleaner, March 04, 2005, 07:31:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trough Cleaner

From what I've seen top to bottom the best guard in the state.  For one he can score when ever he wants to and he has solid helpside defense. He is the real deal.  Scored 40pts on i think 4 different occasions i don't understand how you can pass this guy up and go after a dontell Jefferson

FootballFanatic

Quote from: Trough Cleaner on March 04, 2005, 07:31:10 pm
From what I've seen top to bottom the best guard in the state. For one he can score when ever he wants to and he has solid helpside defense. He is the real deal. Scored 40pts on i think 4 different occasions i don't understand how you can pass this guy up and go after a dontell Jefferson
Well he isn't recruiting Marcus Pillow either.

Trough Cleaner

Marcus Pillow and Bryan are top to bottom the best guards in the state maybe throw in Anthony Brock these three are all on the same AAU team if im not mistaken so i dont get it Pillow and Sherrer are better than Jefferson right now

Kid Duroc

Sherrer is not that good. All his 40-point games came at home and I know in at least one of them he scored 30 from the FT line. Monticello had a lot of home-cooking this year.
We should have gone after Brandon Ballard, and there's still Brooks Taylor right there at the same school that's as good, or better, than Ballard.

FootballFanatic

Why won't the Hogs recruit them? Is it because they aren't 6'3 or above? ???

Trough Cleaner

First of all Bryan is good and one of his 40 point games came against Mills at Mills who were at the time number one in the state.  Also if i might add they're are playing for the State Title. Just wondering how many games did you watch in person. Plus who cares if he gets them at the free throw line points are points he been gettin them on high schoolers since he was in the 9th grade.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: FootballFanatic on March 06, 2005, 02:25:41 pm
Why won't the Hogs recruit them? Is it because they aren't 6'3 or above? ???

have dudley go look at them. they will all pass his "eye test" as 6'3" or greater... ;D

The_Bionic_Pig

AS good as those guys are Armon Bassett is better + he faces elite competition (Mike Conley/ Greg Oden) and is consistant on torching teams from the Outside.  I am not saying he is on JJ Reddick's level of shooting but I would say he is defianatly on Al Dillards but with much better handles.  Bassett is averaging 24 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assist per game (remember this is against a high level of competition)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

FootballFanatic

Marcus and Bryan both played with and against Conley. When Conley lived in Fayetteville, they played together on the Hawks. Now, Conley is with the Heat. The Hawks and Heat have played each other many times. In one game, Ogden found himself getting dunked on by a 6'3 guy from Stuttgart.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Trough Cleaner

Football Fanatic is absolutely right Big Mike Conley got the team together when they were 9. Mike played with the hawks for a while but Big Mike got a job with USA track and had to move to Indianapolis. Let me tell you Mike wasn't the best player on the team. Mike is a pure point. But surely isn't better than Bryan and Marcus just in a better location and on Greg's team which helps.

FootballFanatic

Quote from: Trough Cleaner on March 08, 2005, 08:18:27 pm
Football Fanatic is absolutely right Big Mike Conley got the team together when they were 9. Mike played with the hawks for a while but Big Mike got a job with USA track and had to move to Indianapolis. Let me tell you Mike wasn't the best player on the team. Mike is a pure point. But surely isn't better than Bryan and Marcus just in a better location and on Greg's team which helps.
I also personally think Sherrer and Pillow should be getting looked at by Arkansas.

Trough Cleaner

March 09, 2005, 12:27:56 pm #12 Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 06:05:16 pm by Trough Cleaner
I personally think they are not getting looks.  I know that Bryan isn't. I live in Monticello. Marcus i don't think is either. I'll have to ask at there practice and ill give you a definite answer.

FootballFanatic

Quote from: Trough Cleaner on March 09, 2005, 12:27:56 pm
I personally don't think that they aren't getting looks. I know that Bryan isn't. I live in Monticello. Marcus i don't think is either. I'll have to ask at there practice and ill give you a definite answer.
Pillow is getting looked at by Northern Ill. Ole Miss, UALR, ASU and Navy.

Trough Cleaner

Believe me he is better than the looks show hopefully if the looks aren't better he'll go to prep school.

FootballFanatic

Quote from: Trough Cleaner on March 13, 2005, 06:06:19 pm
Believe me he is better than the looks show hopefully if the looks aren't better he'll go to prep school.
Highly doubt he will go to a prep school.