Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would Ark be favored to beat SMU in Dallas?

Started by twistitup, September 17, 2017, 08:03:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

I don't think we would be based on the points they scored against TCU...

Kinda sad
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PORKULATOR

Yep... and we wouldn't cover... we'd win but we wouldn't cover.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

GuvHog

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 08:03:35 pm
I don't think we would be based on the points they scored against TCU...

Kinda sad

Yes they would. TCU scored over a half of a hundred on them and the Hogs should have beaten TCU.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

texas tush hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 17, 2017, 08:10:20 pm
Yes they would. TCU scored over a half of a hundred on them and the Hogs should have beaten TCU.

You call 28-7 close? Geesh.

Gonzo

Apparently you watched a different Hog game last weekend than I did.

Go Hogs!

twistitup

How many points did we score against TCU?

How many did SMU score against TCU?

Exactly...and it was basically a home game for both teams - I would be scared as hell to play SMU at the moment

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 08:20:44 pm
How many points did we score against TCU?

How many did SMU score against TCU?

Exactly...and it was basically a home game for both teams - I would be scared as hell to play SMU at the moment

How many points did SMU give up to TCU?

How many yards did SMU give up to TCU?

TCU gave a short field to SMU on two mistakes:

A pass that was ruled a fumble because it was backwards (lateral).

A botched field goal.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Beyond that, what happens in one game really doesn't impact another.

By your logic-

We kicked the crap out of Florida last season
Florida destroyed Kentucky
Kentucky beat Louisville

Arkansas would have beat Louisville!!!!!

Transitive property doesn't work in football.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogimusMaximus

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

asuato

JaketheSnake

Let's keep throwing out hypotheticals to see if we can get fans upset with CBB.

Do you guys think we could beat Hendrix College next weekend?  We are going to be in dallas, so we would have to forfeit that game.  Just under Underperforming Loss for CBB.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 18, 2017, 06:52:11 am

Do you guys think we could beat Hendrix College next weekend?  We are going to be in dallas, so we would have to forfeit that game.  Just under Underperforming Loss for CBB.

lol

twistitup

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

lawhawg20

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 18, 2017, 08:44:43 am
Someone didn't watch the game...

I'm with you.  The final score was ugly, but it hardly tells the whole story.  If memory serves, it was a one possession game with 2:36 left in the fourth.  Not exactly a blow out. 

And, oh yeah, TCU's now the #16 team in the country....

jkstock04

We would probably be slightly favored. -3.5 would be my guess for opening line
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Razor1997

Pretty sure that out of the old SWC we could beat Rice and Baylor this year.

RME

What does this have to do with anything ever

twistitup

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 09:20:59 am
What does this have to do with anything ever

Comparing programs is fair.....they played TCU, we played TCU.

They scored at will against TCU most of the game and we couldn't

Just looking at facts and having conversation about how we compare to SMU

hawganatic

Quote from: factchecker on September 17, 2017, 10:04:07 pm
Beyond that, what happens in one game really doesn't impact another.

Transitive property doesn't work in football.

Wish more people understood this.  Threads like this just really makes our fanbase look dumb...

twistitup

Quote from: hawganatic on September 18, 2017, 09:44:11 am
Wish more people understood this.  Threads like this just really makes our fanbase look dumb...

It's fair to compare Arkansas and SMU when we have both played the same opponent within a 2 week span. You might feel dumb, but the fact is SMU hung significantly more points on TCU than we did. Why was our OC not able to take advantage of TCU the way SMU did?

Do we not have the talent of SMU?

RME

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 09:38:45 am
Comparing programs is fair.....they played TCU, we played TCU.

They scored at will against TCU most of the game and we couldn't

Just looking at facts and having conversation about how we compare to SMU

As Factchecker already said, the transitive property doesn't work in football.

jkstock04

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 09:49:50 am
As Factchecker already said, the transitive property doesn't work in football.
I would bet you everything and anything that I own...if we were to play SMU this week Vegas would take into account how we played against TCU and how TCU played against SMU. That would somehow be added or considered into whatever algorithms they use to come up with betting lines.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

By any measure, our offense stunk when we played TCU.  Try as you might to spruce it up, that is the damn truth.  I believe the defense did a decent job considering its a new coordinator in a new formation.  And our special teams did horrible too.  When a Hog team cannot muster more than 7 points against a team at our house, we have a problem we should not have.  Only BAMA should be able to actually hold us to 7 points.  We are an un-coached damn mess.  But keep on sprucing.  The team that lost to TCU would likely lose to SMU at their house.  Maybe BB and company have decided to spruce us up a bit.

RME

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 18, 2017, 09:55:33 am
I would bet you everything and anything that I own...if we were to play SMU this week Vegas would take into account how we played against TCU and how TCU played against SMU. That would somehow be added or considered into whatever algorithms they use to come up with betting lines.

Does that mean we wouldn't be favored?

justmakeit2thebcs

Utter stupidity to try to compare apple and oranges.....but you can't fix stupid.  So here you go, vegas power indexes suggest the Hogs would be a 4 point favorite on a neutral field.  Give what you will for a SMU home field advantage (not all HFA are created equal, Gerald Ford Stadium with its rowdy 35K isn't Death Valley or the Swamp).  Carry on with the insanity.

LRHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 17, 2017, 08:16:22 pm
You call 28-7 close? Geesh.

I mean... they scored 14 of those points in like the last 5 minutes of the game once the team pretty much got demoralized. But yea i see your point.

LRHog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on September 18, 2017, 10:20:24 am
Utter stupidity to try to compare apple and oranges.....but you can't fix stupid.  So here you go, vegas power indexes suggest the Hogs would be a 4 point favorite on a neutral field.  Give what you will for a SMU home field advantage (not all HFA are created equal, Gerald Ford Stadium with its rowdy 35K isn't Death Valley or the Swamp).  Carry on with the insanity.

Apples and Oranges are both fruits... why can they not be compared? I like oranges more than apples. See I just compared them.

twistitup

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on September 18, 2017, 10:20:24 am

home is about 3 pts usually

It would be a pick 'em

jkstock04

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 10:07:18 am
Does that mean we wouldn't be favored?
I think we would be a slight favorite at SMU...but I'm not going to pretend to know 100%.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 18, 2017, 09:55:33 am
You would lose everything you own...

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: LRHog on September 18, 2017, 10:23:58 am
Apples and Oranges are both fruits... why can they not be compared? I like oranges more than apples. See I just compared them.
I like steak better than a kick in the ass.   You can compare anything you wish.

sickboy

Yes. Arkansas would be favored to beat SMU. The odds makers aren't self loathing Arkansas fans.

RME

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 10:30:03 am
home is about 3 pts usually

It would be a pick 'em

Do you know how much money Vegas would lose if they made SMU-Arkansas a pick 'em and Arkansas won?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 18, 2017, 10:31:52 am
I think we would be a slight favorite at SMU...but I'm not going to pretend to know 100%.
AR St is only a 5 pt dog to SMU this week.  I guess if they beat SMU then that settles it between who is the best in the state

onebadrubi

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 18, 2017, 06:52:11 am

Twistup has proven he is nothing more than a troll.  He has no passion for the Hogs and is just here to be here.  He is enjoying stirring the pot of the passionate fans and he is doing more frequent.  He is asking a question that has no answer, is only going to bring out the coach/player basher's and the passionate supporters to pit them against one another.  All the while he sits back and watches, periodically fueling the fire. 

twistitup

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 18, 2017, 10:39:46 am
AR St is only a 5 pt dog to SMU this week.  I guess if they beat SMU then that settles it between who is the best in the state

I think SMU beats the doors off of Ark St...they just have a more fertile recruiting area.

SMU should be good every year - but they are still recovering

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 18, 2017, 10:39:46 am
Off topic but would you feel 100% comfortable playing Arkansas State this year? I wouldn't.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 10:38:42 am
Do you know how much money Vegas would lose if they made SMU-Arkansas a pick 'em and Arkansas won?
Probably nothing.  The message board guys betting $50 would pick SMU because they like to compare apples and oranges.  Those that bet much more aren't idiots filled with emotion and disdain.  They would get it right.

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 10:42:16 am
I think SMU beats the doors off of Ark St...they just have a more fertile recruiting area.

SMU should be good every year - but they are still recovering

Yes because more fertile recruiting grounds ALWAYS equals a W.  It's why Miami has gone undefeated for so many years, along with LSu and UGA. 

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 18, 2017, 10:49:35 am
Yes because more fertile recruiting grounds ALWAYS equals a W.  It's why Miami has gone undefeated for so many years, along with LSu and UGA. 

Undefeated? Who does that?...you are just being ridiculous.

It's all about recruiting - yes, being in a fertile recruiting area is KEY. We can always find examples of teams that are struggling - but to deny the advantages of a good recruiting area is just asinine.

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 11:05:16 am
Undefeated? Who does that?...you are just being ridiculous.

It's all about recruiting - yes, being in a fertile recruiting area is KEY. We can always find examples of teams that are struggling - but to deny the advantages of a good recruiting area is just asinine.

Hey tool, I didn't deny the advantages, you said it determines the outcome which is truly asinine.  But as we've seen in all your threads lately, you've been proven completely wrong by facts and changing the meaning of the words you originally said. 

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 18, 2017, 11:07:35 am
Hey tool, I didn't deny the advantages, you said it determines the outcome which is truly asinine.  But as we've seen in all your threads lately, you've been proven completely wrong by facts and changing the meaning of the words you originally said. 

no tool....recruiting very much helps determine outcomes - ask 'bama

Hogwild

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 10:38:42 am

Well Vegas lost a bundle on the TCU @Arkansas game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 11:14:06 am
no tool....recruiting very much helps determine outcomes - ask 'bama

That example hurts your point.  Bama robs from other fertile area's.  They pull THE top class because they pull top recruits from Texas, Louisana, MS, Georgia, florida and anywhere else.  THey pick and pluck

JaketheSnake

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 18, 2017, 10:46:01 am
Off topic but would you feel 100% comfortable playing Arkansas State this year? I wouldn't.
Sure.  We got beat at home by a top 25 team, so we are no longer the best team in the state of Arkansas.