Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn falls to Barry U

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, November 03, 2017, 11:36:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Auburn fell last night 100 - 95 to Div II "Powerhouse"  ;)  Barry U. It was Auburns 1st exhibition game of the season. Feel free to point at an auburn fan and laugh
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BannerMountainMan

Wasn't auburn picked ahead of us 😂😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Fan701

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 03, 2017, 11:37:04 am
Wasn't auburn picked ahead of us 😂😂
Yes, most "experts" picked Auburn ahead of us, even after the FBI story broke and it became clear some of their top players would be ineligible.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Barry is a very good D2 school they were 23-7 last year.  Our guys struggled at times last week against a weaker D2 school.  I'm not saying Barry would have come to BWA and won but it would have been a possibility, and a much closer game.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

azhog10

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 03, 2017, 01:53:37 pm
Barry is a very good D2 school they were 23-7 last year.  Our guys struggled at times last week against a weaker D2 school.  I'm not saying Barry would have come to BWA and won but it would have been a possibility, and a much closer game.
Funny you say that. Barry lost two of it's top three scorers and another starter. Central Oklahoma returns it's top 3 scorers from last year, a team that lost to the eventual D2 National Champion by 6. So Central is not what I would call a weak D2 school. They may be inconsistent but they showed they can get up to play against top competition and they return all 5 starters from that team and one of their top bench players.

SPAL

We didn't exactly light it up last week. I'm not ready to point and laugh at anybody. Syracuse lost to some scrub exhibition team a few years ago and I think made a deep run in the tourney. Exhibition means just that.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: azhog10 on November 03, 2017, 02:55:15 pm
Funny you say that. Barry lost two of it's top three scorers and another starter. Central Oklahoma returns it's top 3 scorers from last year, a team that lost to the eventual D2 National Champion by 6. So Central is not what I would call a weak D2 school. They may be inconsistent but they showed they can get up to play against top competition and they return all 5 starters from that team and one of their top bench players.

I didn't call it weak, I called it weaker, meaning not as strong as Barry.  Barry's record last year was 23-7.  Central was 17-12.  Barry went to the post season and was 1-1.  Central did not make the tourney.  Regardless of who is coming back or not this year on either team, Barry historically is a stronger program.  Main point was we should not throw stones.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

greenEGnHAWGS

...I've never even heard of Barry U...I literally thought this was going to be some pun about some guy named Barry...lol
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 03, 2017, 04:49:33 pm
...I've never even heard of Barry U...I literally thought this was going to be some pun about some guy named Barry...lol

or a bootlegger's boy.
Hogs up! Covid down!

azhog10

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 03, 2017, 04:43:17 pm
I didn't call it weak, I called it weaker, meaning not as strong as Barry.  Barry's record last year was 23-7.  Central was 17-12.  Barry went to the post season and was 1-1.  Central did not make the tourney.  Regardless of who is coming back or not this year on either team, Barry historically is a stronger program.  Main point was we should not throw stones.
Is last years team playing or this years team? As I said Central brings more starters back, more scoring, and played in the toughest conference and region in D2. I can recite records as well but it doesn't make it true.

azhog10

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 03, 2017, 03:49:22 pm
We didn't exactly light it up last week. I'm not ready to point and laugh at anybody. Syracuse lost to some scrub exhibition team a few years ago and I think made a deep run in the tourney. Exhibition means just that.
I was part of a team/staff that beat Michigan State University in an exhibition. Beat them OT back in 07.

proffitthog

I would be hacked off if we lost to Barry U

HawgsPolo

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 03, 2017, 03:49:22 pm

I'm in agreeance that exhibition games mean absolutely nothing.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

JonClaudeVanHam

As someone already said, Syracuse lost an exhibition and then went to the Final Four. So I don't read too much into them.
Quote from: rhames on Today at 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: azhog10 on November 04, 2017, 12:53:51 am
I was part of a team/staff that beat Michigan State University in an exhibition. Beat them OT back in 07.

Grand Valley State

azhog10