Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clemson RB Transfering

Started by mizzourazorback, February 07, 2018, 04:55:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzourazorback

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

rogersvillemohog

Morris was one of his lead recruiters, but I doubt it. Not sure we have a spot for him to be totally honest. Bielema handing out scholarships like they were candy is not going to help, either. I could see a scenario where Maleek moves back to WR and Morris brings in Fuller, though.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

B Ray

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on February 07, 2018, 05:00:07 pm
Morris was one of his lead recruiters, but I doubt it. Not sure we have a spot for him to be totally honest. Bielema handing out scholarships like they were candy is not going to help, either. I could see a scenario where Maleek moves back to WR and Morris brings in Fuller, though.
I was thinking the exact same thing

Pig in the Pokey

we probably COULD have him, and if we hadnt signed the higher rated Boyd may have. But a 3* 85 rated RB would be like 5th or 6th on our depth chart, which is probably what he was trying to avoid. Too many 4*s here for all that.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WaltonCollege

We need linemen, WE. NEED. LINEMEN!!!

Flrazrback

We are pretty well stacked at RB... The call for Linemen is Priority

Snout team

Unless he knows we are likely to lose a RB to transfer.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Hopeful Hog

I read that earlier today and had the same thought but like others have mentioned I don't see the space for him. With Whaley, Hayden, Hammonds, Boyd, M. Williams, and possibly Barkley he probably wouldn't want to transfer into a room like that when the reason he's transferring in the first place is because he lost his job and didn't want to be depth.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: #hammerdown on February 08, 2018, 01:06:41 pm
Unless he knows we are likely to lose a RB to transfer.

Even if that's the case we still would be carrying 5 RB's. Let's just say M. Williams transfers and we move both Barkley and Hammonds to WR full time he'd still have to go through Whaley, Hayden, and Boyd for ANY play time. Like I said on another response he's transferring out of Clemson because he lost his starting role and didn't want to be just depth.

pigture perfect

The upside to him coming here would be that he would already be familiar with the system.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogindasticks

That's why I thought that QB that left Clemson would look at us.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 08, 2018, 01:22:30 pm
Even if that's the case we still would be carrying 5 RB's. Let's just say M. Williams transfers and we move both Barkley and Hammonds to WR full time he'd still have to go through Whaley, Hayden, and Boyd for ANY play time. Like I said on another response he's transferring out of Clemson because he lost his starting role and didn't want to be just depth.
They are going to beat the darn out of the offense in spring ball. Watch and see. That's why they want depth...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

311Hog

if you listened to Morris' recruiting class press conference he said he likes to have "at least" 5 RB's on the roster with Boyd we are exactly at 5.  I could see this guy coming here.  Morris also said that "'we aren't done" that we could add 2 or 3 more we will see.  Maybe this guy is one of the little surprises you dont expect.

one thing was clear though this staff is really high on Boyd.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 08, 2018, 01:22:30 pm
Very unlikely that any of our RBs move to WR.  I think CCM said we have 13 wrs, and he likes to carry 11.  I believe if they moved, it would be to a place where there are short lines on defense. 

Hogginintheville

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 07, 2018, 05:38:47 pm
we probably COULD have him, and if we hadnt signed the higher rated Boyd may have. But a 3* 85 rated RB would be like 5th or 6th on our depth chart, which is probably what he was trying to avoid. Too many 4*s here for all that.

Much like I only bang 9s or 8s but doesn't mean a solid 4 can't the job done! Just saying

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: 311Hog on February 08, 2018, 03:54:52 pm
if you listened to Morris' recruiting class press conference he said he likes to have "at least" 5 RB's on the roster with Boyd we are exactly at 5.  I could see this guy coming here.  Morris also said that "'we aren't done" that we could add 2 or 3 more we will see.  Maybe this guy is one of the little surprises you dont expect.

one thing was clear though this staff is really high on Boyd.

Not by my count. Whaley, Hayden, Hammonds, Williams, Barkley, and Boyd  makes 6.

311Hog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 08, 2018, 11:32:03 pm
Not by my count. Whaley, Hayden, Hammonds, Williams, Barkley, and Boyd  makes 6.

well if it was me I would feel there is more than a good chance that CJ would find his way here but obviously who knows.  Whaley  Hayden and Hammonds sure the other two are unknowns and if you heard the new coaches talk about Boyd it seems like they feel he might be the best of the bunch they sure thought he was the best RB for A&M before he went to JC.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 08, 2018, 01:17:49 pm
I read that earlier today and had the same thought but like others have mentioned I don't see the space for him. With Whaley, Hayden, Hammonds, Boyd, M. Williams, and possibly Barkley he probably wouldn't want to transfer into a room like that when the reason he's transferring in the first place is because he lost his job and didn't want to be depth.
Doesn't he have to sit out a year, or is he a grad transfer?
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 12:32:34 am
Doesn't he have to sit out a year, or is he a grad transfer?

No you're right he'd have to sit out a year.

Hogforlife

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 09, 2018, 01:40:01 am
No you're right he'd have to sit out a year.
Dabo Swinney said he would graduate this spring then find a school to finish his career. He will be able to play immediately.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogforlife on February 09, 2018, 05:37:18 am
Dabo Swinney said he would graduate this spring then find a school to finish his career. He will be able to play immediately.
He does know the offense, we just moved a WR to the RB room and CCM was talking about possibly signing 1 OR TWO more... This could get interesting.