Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early season games to watch: Cal at Tennessee; ND at Ga Tech; Oklahoma at

Started by werehog, June 22, 2006, 06:09:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

werehog

Oregon; USC at Arkansas. The Golden Bears-Vols game will put the pressure on Phat Phil very early. They can pound it running Lynch and Forcett behind their excellent OL. Marshan Lynch might just stake out some Heiwsman credentials in this game. But the Cal Bears will bring a high octane passing attack as well. We'll see in Cutliffe can recharge the Vols dormant offense.

If ND Domers take Tech lightly they'll probably get their head handed to them. Tech isn't too shabby. ND make be vastly overrated.

Oklahoma versus Oregon in Eugene. A tough place to play for the Sooners. Bomar and company better be ready to play off a revenge minded Duck team.

USC at Arkansas. A lot of question marks for both teams, which one will come up with the answers.

Oh, yeah -- a recharged Arizona at a loaded LSU will be an interesting game. Will Flynn turn out to be the QB who leads the Tigers to the promised land?

The_Bionic_Pig

here is a comparison of stats (Yellow Jackets -vs- Irish)  If these are accurate it will be a high scoring game with little Defense.  click me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OklaU

Quote from: werehog on June 22, 2006, 06:09:03 pm
Oklahoma versus Oregon in Eugene. A tough place to play for the Sooners. Bomar and company better be ready to play off a revenge minded Duck team.

The Sooners should be much better than they were last season.  Both the defense and offense should be much improved over last seasons.  I am hoping for a 10 + point win.

"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: OklaU on June 22, 2006, 09:08:46 pm
Quote from: werehog on June 22, 2006, 06:09:03 pm

The Sooners should be much better than they were last season.  Both the defense and offense should be much improved over last seasons.  I am hoping for a 10 + point win.

Sooner's were in-credably talented but far too youthful last season, I am predicting them to duke it out with Nebraska (not Texas) to represent the Big 12 in a BCS bowl.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OklaU

I'm not high on Callahan, I don't think the Huskers will be all that great.  Though they will most likely win the North. 

Patch

Quote from: OklaU on June 22, 2006, 09:13:15 pm
Though they will most likely win the North. 

I'm pretty sure the Hogville All-Star team could do that

... with Nutt coaching

OklaU

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: OklaU on June 22, 2006, 09:13:15 pm
I'm not high on Callahan, I don't think the Huskers will be all that great.  Though they will most likely win the North. 

Before this past season he was bringing in All American High School talent like nobody's business...they are going to be dangerous and I dislike Nebraska immensely
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OklaU

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: OklaU on June 22, 2006, 09:32:47 pm
But can he coach?  That is the question.

He seems to be late 90's Mack Brownish in the coaching department with all that talent. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HatfieldHog

The Cal./Tennessee game will be a good one.  Tennessee is not as bad as they played last year.  They were a decent QB away from being good last year,  just like the Razorbacks.  Tennessee may well be the team that turns the SEC upside down next year.  Boy, it was tough saying all of that with a straight face....

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!