Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7:45pm kickoff for USC is ridiculous

Started by Corkscrew Johnson, June 22, 2006, 11:01:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Corkscrew Johnson

12+ hours of tailgating = BO.  what's the point of having a game so late that no one will be sober enough to remember it. 

of course, the BO played dividends during the Texas game in Fayetteville.  Did Matt Jones really fumble with 2 minutes left in the game?  NO, because if i dont remember it, it never happened.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on June 22, 2006, 11:01:42 am
12+ hours of tailgating = BO.  what's the point of having a game so late that no one will be sober enough to remember it. 

of course, the BO played dividends during the Texas game in Fayetteville.  Did Matt Jones really fumble with 2 minutes left in the game?  NO, because if i dont remember it, it never happened.

I'm ticked cause the Irish game starts at 7....I can't watch both..... Well I could......      I will be at home drinking and watching the game.....If I was there, thought I'd be there all day long.....

HogHillbilly

If you don't like it, I'll take your tickets............I would go even if it was at midnight !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

razrhawg

we set up the nite before, so 12 hours ain't nutin, see yall there

Corkscrew Johnson

never doubt the sauce, its the reason the texas crowd was the rowdiest RRS has ever been.  that and the fact that all the old people didn't go because it was past their bedtimes. 

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: HogHillbilly on June 22, 2006, 11:08:30 am
If you don't like it, I'll take your tickets............I would go even if it was at midnight !

i never said i didn't like it.  i just said its going to be ridiculous.  i do my best to BO even when JP makes us kickoff at 11 in the morning.

Hawgon

Back in the old days, I would read the paper the morning after a game to find out what happened.  I would be amazed at the plays that I flat out didn't remember.

piglett06

June 22, 2006, 11:17:45 am #7 Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:14:58 pm by piglett06
Seems that alcohol is getting in the way of some good football. :) Remember doing that in college. Arkansas-Texas game and one bottle of Wild turkey 100 split between five guys at my place.  We got through the first quarter and all of us woke up scattered all over the place.  Didn't know who won until reading about it in the next days paper. Really bad news.

ColinRagan

nothing like having a hangover by halftime with those late starts

hogfan13

Look at it this way. If you get drunk enough. And were down by 20 at Half. and lose by 30. You won't remember

hogman64

When I saw the  7 :45 kick off that sealed it......this crowd will be the equal of the last Texas game in RRS.... In fact this crowd may be louder than that Texas game... will probably get some argument with this but take into consideration................ the BUTT kicking we got from them last year, first game of the  year,playing a top 5 team, the Gus factor, the Mitch and Damien factor, kick off time factor ..........it is going to be one JACKEDUP crowd.. I am predicting as loud or louder than texas........one *......has to be good weather.

ghg1

Quote from: piglett06 on June 22, 2006, 11:17:45 am
Seems that alcohol is getting in the way of some good football. .

"Not if I have anything to say about it!!!"

Landonhog

Quote from: hogman64 on June 22, 2006, 12:15:51 pm
When I saw the  7 :45 kick off that sealed it......this crowd will be the equal of the last Texas game in RRS.... In fact this crowd may be louder than that Texas game... will probably get some argument with this but take into consideration................ the BUTT kicking we got from them last year, first game of the  year,playing a top 5 team, the Gus factor, the Mitch and Damien factor, kick off time factor ..........it is going to be one JACKEDUP crowd.. I am predicting as loud or louder than texas........one *......has to be good weather.

Agree 100%  Hog players and fans were embarrassed to the core last year, and that kick-off time will help render and "inspired" crowd!  I've never had a voice after a Razorback game, but this one may be gone by halftime!  I'm pumped!

Landonhog

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on June 22, 2006, 11:14:54 am
Quote from: HogHillbilly on June 22, 2006, 11:08:30 am

i never said i didn't like it.  i just said its going to be ridiculous.  i do my best to BO even when JP makes us kickoff at 11 in the morning.

I like your style!  Ha!
Back in the "good ole days"...  I can remember many Friday nights that didn't end until 4:00 am Saturday morning, but we would wake up at 6:15 with a serious agenda!  We would be well lubed by the 11:00 am kick-off!  Absolutely dumb, but we had a great deal of fun!  WPS!

pimphog

This has been the most anticipated season in a long time.  I am glad that it is going to be a late game....because the place will be that much louder.  I think it will be louder than the Texas game IMO........

However....if USC draws first blood within 3 minutes of kickoff........RRS will deflate tremendously.........

on the other hand....if we draw first blood..........I will probably do a swan dive down the bleachers......

hogman64

Quote from: pimphog on June 22, 2006, 12:46:52 pm

This has been the most anticipated season in a long time.  I am glad that it is going to be a late game....because the place will be that much louder.  I think it will be louder than the Texas game IMO........

However....if USC draws first blood within 3 minutes of kickoff........RRS will deflate tremendously.........

on the other hand....if we draw first blood..........I will probably do a swan dive down the bleachers......

What section are you in? By kickoff I should be in the mood to get a kick out of watching that.........

pimphog

Quote from: hogman64 on June 22, 2006, 12:51:11 pm

What section are you in? By kickoff I should be in the mood to get a kick out of watching that.........

I sit right on the 45 yard line on the West side.....i can't remember what section it is........but I am right against the aisle........just got the seats last year because my loaded brother in law pays a crap load of money to the university.........God bless my sister for marrying for money....

hogman64

Quote from: pimphog on June 22, 2006, 12:56:34 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on June 22, 2006, 12:51:11 pm

I sit right on the 45 yard line on the West side.....i can't remember what section it is........but I am right against the aisle........just got the seats last year because my loaded brother in law pays a crap load of money to the university.........God bless my sister for marrying for money....

I am right above  you in the upper deck row 3..   I can look over the rail when the commotion starts......

pimphog

Quote from: hogman64 on June 22, 2006, 12:59:03 pm
I am right above  you in the upper deck row 3..   I can look over the rail when the commotion starts......

Yeah you will definitely here the commotion because the old people in front of me are always telling me to "Be Quiet" and "Sit down"........they don't like me very much but I don't care......I wait all year for these 5 months and I am not gonna be told to sit down when I have had all this anxiety built up all through summer.... >:(.....sorry.....I had to vent there.... :D

rzrbaxfan

Quotewe set up the nite before, so 12 hours ain't nutin, see yall there

us too at road hog park (the open side)....will have the dish set up.

Anyone else doing that?

Arazorbackguy1

Ronnie Floyd would not like all of this alcoholic talk!   He just wouldn't support it!  LOL!!!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

mj4president

I just cant see it being louder than Texas. It seemed like every fan was a mission to cook some longhorn.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: pimphog on June 22, 2006, 01:05:28 pm
I am right above  you in the upper deck row 3..   I can look over the rail when the commotion starts......

Yeah you will definitely here the commotion because the old people in front of me are always telling me to "Be Quiet" and "Sit down"........they don't like me very much but I don't care......I wait all year for these 5 months and I am not gonna be told to sit down when I have had all this anxiety built up all through summer.... >:(.....sorry.....I had to vent there.... :D

I'm an upper decker as well...I feel sorry for Razorback football when people tell me to sit down or to be quiet.  We are in the UPPER DECK.  After walking 45 flights of switchbacks to reach my seat I should be able to sit on a bar stool and use a megaphone.

Hog Gumbo

I love the late, late kickoff, its Sept, its hot, less sun and less heat at 8 o clock in the evening.

Hawgzilla

I have to work that weekend,and I get off at 7:00 pm......Time to get home,get a hot shower,then pop a top on a Ice Cold Beer........HELL YEA..... ;D

GuvHog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on June 22, 2006, 01:43:17 pm
Ronnie Floyd would not like all of this alcoholic talk!   He just wouldn't support it!  LOL!!!

Oh Brother! Please Lets not get started on that Again!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

EastexHawg

I'm surprised we haven't heard the "the game will be over late and I"ll have to drive home in the dark" whining yet...

Newsflash...there is this new invention called HEADLIGHTS.  Believe it or not, when utilizing these miracle HEADLIGHTS...it is possible to drive an automobile in the dark!

Then again, there is also the old, "The game will be over so late that we'll either have to get home really late...or stay in a hotel!"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Maybe I haven't heard that stuff because there aren't nearly as many pantywaists on this board as others.

Sao Ming

You won't tell those old farts to sit down and shut thier hole - you won't do it.

GuvHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 22, 2006, 03:13:50 pm
I'm surprised we haven't heard the "the game will be over late and I"ll have to drive home in the dark" whining yet...

Newsflash...there is this new invention called HEADLIGHTS.  Believe it or not, when utilizing these miracle HEADLIGHTS...it is possible to drive an automobile in the dark!

Then again, there is also the old, "The game will be over so late that we'll either have to get home really late...or stay in a hotel!"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Maybe I haven't heard that stuff because there aren't nearly as many pantywaists on this board as others.

Hey, I'm not complaining, I've already made my Motel Reservations!

SultanofSwine

I like the time. Got the room procurred and the freakin sun won't be baking my ass in the SE corner like normal.

bigred7987

How long will the student line be for this one...I remember texas being something like 8 hours?

TulsaHogFan

Excuse my ignorance but what is BO, body odor? What the hell does that have to do with the game and drinking?

Landonhog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on June 22, 2006, 04:24:23 pm
Excuse my ignorance but what is BO, body odor? What the hell does that have to do with the game and drinking?

Ha!  I thought that at first, but I think it was his avatar playing mind games with me... 
Try Black-Out....  I expected more from you, THF...

Corkscrew Johnson

i also like the late start because every bar in america will be showing our victory, since it will be the only game on!!!  we will have every drunkard in the country calling the hawgs!!  (as if anyone will be pulling for USC...)  that's how you get street cred!!

razrhawg

June 22, 2006, 04:45:19 pm #34 Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 04:52:18 pm by razrhawg
Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 22, 2006, 01:17:41 pm
Quotewe set up the nite before, so 12 hours ain't nutin, see yall there

us too at road hog park (the open side)....will have the dish set up.

Anyone else doing that?

Yeah we are adding satelite this year, just ordered the set up, come on up and visit lot#46, just across razorback road from BWA and the Hogville tent.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on June 22, 2006, 04:42:37 pm
i also like the late start because every bar in america will be showing our victory, since it will be the only game on!!!  we will have every drunkard in the country calling the hawgs!!  (as if anyone will be pulling for USC...)  that's how you get street cred!!

Glad I won't be the only drunk one.... Except I'll be in Pulaski County.......but a drunkard nonetheless....

TulsaHogFan

Ahhhhh Black out, yea slipping in my old age lol.

Damn I haven't blacked out in at least 2 weeks.

lol

Thank you

go hogues

I am very grateful for the late kickoff.  I am flying into Little Rock from Los Angeles that afternoon and then driving to Fayetteville.  Should be there (barring no hiccups in the airline system) a good hour and a half before kickoff.  Can't wait!!!  I guess technically, I could go take a leak on the Coliseum that morning and then watch the Hogs take a leak on the Trojans in RRS that night. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

GuvHog

Quote from: go hogues on June 22, 2006, 04:53:27 pm
I am very grateful for the late kickoff.  I am flying into Little Rock from Los Angeles that afternoon and then driving to Fayetteville.  Should be there (barring no hiccups in the airline system) a good hour and a half before kickoff.  Can't wait!!!  I guess technically, I could go take a leak on the Coliseum that morning and then watch the Hogs take a leak on the Trojans in RRS that night. 

I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! Good Post!

hogman64

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on June 22, 2006, 01:55:18 pm
Quote from: pimphog on June 22, 2006, 01:05:28 pm

I'm an upper decker as well...I feel sorry for Razorback football when people tell me to sit down or to be quiet.  We are in the UPPER DECK.  After walking 45 flights of switchbacks to reach my seat I should be able to sit on a bar stool and use a megaphone.

We have a good section , at least the people directly around me, no one complains, the only dip was a lady there for the first time in the Vandy game that turned around and tried to stare me down for booing the refs in the first half.......... what a dork...she lost the staring contest and her boyfriend or husband had enough sense to never turn around, by the end of the game of course most eveyone was chanting referees suck in unison..........not that I am blaming that loss on them, but they did make some suck calls.........

Razorback Ranger

I like the time. Kids go to bed at about 8:00 ET. The game starts at 8:45 here. That means I can watch the game in peace. Although my wife might be a little peeved when I can't get out of bed till noon the next day.

the donger

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 22, 2006, 03:13:50 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Thata boy, well said!

hogsanity

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on June 22, 2006, 11:01:42 am

Typical as of late, the overridding concern is tailgating, not whether the team will win orlose.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE