Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WORLD CUP

Started by NATEHOGG216, June 21, 2006, 04:09:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NATEHOGG216

Anybody know when kick off(if thats what it is called in soccer) is for the US ghana game thursday
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

LA HAWG

9 a.m. Central time on ESPN I think.

fire_hog

I believe it's 9:00 A.M.

Gonna need some help to go along with a win to get into the next round.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

Arkansas1

Sao Ming

June 21, 2006, 04:21:44 pm #4 Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 04:23:23 pm by Sao Ming
Just an off the wall World Cup nugget - my wife has been in Germany for the past 5 days touring Military bases (US) - first full day there she and others were in Frankfurt just in time for the US game to be televised - watched some of the first half at a huge lake centered park on a screen she described as "two houses large".  After Italy scored first goal, the throng of estimated 15 thousand started chanting "F*** USA"  Chased them back to the Hotel.  Today she called and the fans as still partying over Germany's 3-0 win two days ago.  Best part, authentic world cup jerseys are on sale everywhere - picked up a USA and a Germany jersey for a grand total of 35 US dollars.  Hell of a deal.

NATEHOGG216

Ya my sister lives in Munich,  said it is pretty crazy.  I was there last august and I will tell you there is a BUNCH of hatred toward the US in almost every country over there.  Even when there isn't a World Cup going on to entice EVEN MORE pride in there own country
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

fire_hog

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 21, 2006, 04:26:21 pm
Ya my sister lives in Munich,  said it is pretty crazy.  I was there last august and I will tell you there is a BUNCH of hatred toward the US in almost every country over there.  Even when there isn't a World Cup going on to entice EVEN MORE pride in there own country

One thing I've noticed overseas is that most fellow American tourists are loud obnoxious northerners (with most seemingly from Jersey). Hell, I'd hate em too.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

dana caldwell

my listing in florida is 9:30 a.m. and we're on eastern time. so it should be 8:30 yours.

cmakrzrbak

The anti-American sentament stems from the fact that we've re-elected possibly the dumbest individual on the face of the planet who wants to police the world.  If you are just there and aren't cocky with an "in-your-face, screw you, I'm an American" attitude, the people are very friendly and really do like us.  I have never had a speakable problem over there b/c I was an American.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

HotRodHog

Best case scenario is we beat Ghana and Italy beats the Slavs. First game was terrible, but the game against Italy where we were a man down most of the second half was a good sign. I guess you guys know that Ref who gave us those two bogus yellow cards had been banned for irregularities in his penalty calling.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

PigNewton

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on June 21, 2006, 04:48:34 pm
The anti-American sentament stems from the fact that we've re-elected possibly the dumbest individual on the face of the planet who wants to police the world.  If you are just there and aren't cocky with an "in-your-face, screw you, I'm an American" attitude, the people are very friendly and really do like us.  I have never had a speakable problem over there b/c I was an American.

GI's kicking some German butt a few years ago might have something to do with it too...Well in Germany anyway.

PigManLives

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on June 21, 2006, 04:48:34 pm
The anti-American sentament stems from the fact that we've re-elected possibly the dumbest individual on the face of the planet who wants to police the world. 

What position were you elected to?  :-*

EastMemphisHog

Ghana can't be underestimated after what they did to the czechs. These small countries can kill giants, but also ca get the living hell beat out of them, just depending on the day. We SHOULD beat Ghana, and Italy should beat the Czechs. I like where we stand honestly, after the humbling loss to the czechs we got a big confidence booster against italy. Italy has nothing to play for really tomorrow, so we all better hope they don't sit a bunch of players to avoid the ridiculous "2 yellow cards" rule. Sure hope we advance, even if we would have brazil next. It would be interesting...

CiriusPorker

Quote from: cshivley1 on June 21, 2006, 07:06:01 pm
Ghana can't be underestimated after what they did to the czechs. These small countries can kill giants, but also ca get the living hell beat out of them, just depending on the day. We SHOULD beat Ghana, and Italy should beat the Czechs. I like where we stand honestly, after the humbling loss to the czechs we got a big confidence booster against italy. Italy has nothing to play for really tomorrow, so we all better hope they don't sit a bunch of players to avoid the ridiculous "2 yellow cards" rule. Sure hope we advance, even if we would have brazil next. It would be interesting...

Brazil is not unbeatable.  Have you seen them playing lately?  They're very unproductive.  Fact is, they ARE a scary team, but if we catch them soon enough, then maybe we can catch them just before they are on the upswing and sneak by them.

I say this WITH a brazilian wife about 4 feet from me.  But she can't see my screen, hence, the reason I was able to finish typing..and click "Post"

CiriusPorker

Quote from: dana caldwell on June 21, 2006, 04:46:58 pm
my listing in florida is 9:30 a.m. and we're on eastern time. so it should be 8:30 yours.

8:30 is when coverage will start..the actual kick off is at 9:55 Eastern

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: CiriusPorker on June 21, 2006, 07:26:41 pm
Quote from: cshivley1 on June 21, 2006, 07:06:01 pm

Brazil is not unbeatable.  Have you seen them playing lately?  They're very unproductive.  Fact is, they ARE a scary team, but if we catch them soon enough, then maybe we can catch them just before they are on the upswing and sneak by them.

I say this WITH a brazilian wife about 4 feet from me.  But she can't see my screen, hence, the reason I was able to finish typing..and click "Post"

That is why i said "it would be interesting".  I never said that they were unbeatable or that we couldn't play with them. If it does happen, it WILL be interesting. Even if we have two shots on goal in the cup and they have the best player in the world...or maybe  8 or so of the top players in the world. We have to get to that game first..

CiriusPorker

if we play Brazil in the second round, i'm fairly confident that we can hang with them to about the 60th minute...if we can score first, then maybe the morale would be the x-factor...and we can pull off the upset..

but here's the interesting thing about Brazil.  Unlike a lot of teams, getting scored on first doesn't change their morale...soccer runs thru their blood like crap down the mississippi river.