Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama -vs- Arkansas 09/23/06 FOOTBALL (smacktalk has already begun)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 20, 2006, 04:29:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

"How in the world do you see your team being that good without a solid QB and a former high school coach as your new OC? Something tells me that the pigs arent a team to really fear either. Not that you guys ever really are." (click below)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SwinedMelon

I hate Alabama... to me, they are the team in the SEC I hate above the rest! We'll have almost as good a defense this year as bummer did last year, and our offense will be way more potent than theirs was. I can't imagine their defense or offense being as good this year as they were last year. To any bummer fans out there I say "Ba-ring IT!, but don't come crying to me when we wipe our pupe shoots with your jersey's when you visit Fayetteville in the fall."
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

The Pulse

"not that you guys really ever are" (to be feared)

That's funny, i was thinking the same exact thing about Alabama. I mean we've beat them how many time in the last few years??

Hollywood_HOGan

somebody tell me i just didnt read that.

The last time they had a new QB with three names that came to fayetteville, we gave them their worst loss in their history!

They lost almost their entire defense and will have a brand new QB.

How can **THEY** expect to be world beaters?

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: The Pulse on June 20, 2006, 04:39:34 pm
"not that you guys really ever are" (to be feared)

That's funny, i was thinking the same exact thing about Alabama. I mean we've beat them how many time in the last few years??

somebody needs to give him a heads up on who gave them their worst loss EVER!

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 20, 2006, 04:29:17 pm
"How in the world do you see your team being that good without a solid QB and a former high school coach as your new OC? Something tells me that the pigs arent a team to really fear either. Not that you guys ever really are."

Them's fightin' words.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

The Pulse

Matt Jones kicked their A$$es time and time again, and Mitch will do the exact same.

Landonhog

I really expected a more humble approach to this game, on their part...  We don't have an awful lot to hang our hats on, but what could they possibly have??????  After watching last years game, I don't see how we could possibly lose this year...  JMHO

oldbear

Alabama fans, Tennessee fans, they are all just extraordinarily arrogant.  I got in line behind a couple of Tide fans at Disney World last year who were talking about football.  I told a buddy of mine that I wanted to stop them and explain the sport to them.  I hope they stayed there, because they would have fit right in with Goofy and Donald.

Chinese Emperor

Don't get into smack talk much.  However that's an impressive looking stadium.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on June 20, 2006, 05:11:38 pm

Yep and they are re-novating it again to fit 92K in their.   Tennessee is doing the same to that "Orange scit" of a stadium where they are already sitting in each others laps.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HotRodHog

Shhh... Let them come in sleep-walking, and after Dmac and the O scorch their arse, and the D eats up their qb, they will think they have just awakened from their worst nightmare.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

MrSpook1352

GuvHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 20, 2006, 04:29:17 pm
"How in the world do you see your team being that good without a solid QB and a former high school coach as your new OC? Something tells me that the pigs arent a team to really fear either. Not that you guys ever really are." (click below)

Somebody needs to put this post on the wall of the HOGS Locker room!
GO HOGS!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Tomcat on June 20, 2006, 05:41:17 pm
Let them talk.  It's all hot air.  Doesn't bother me one bit.  The very fact that they are talking about us speaks to the opposite...

And that Hot air is -

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Albert Einswine

I'm just gonna say it right here,  right now,  loud and proud!   This year the Hogs are gonna take the Tide behind the woodshed and put the strap to 'em without mercy!  Over and over again!!!  WPS!!! Go Hogs Go!!!!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ammohog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on June 20, 2006, 06:13:44 pm
I'm just gonna say it right here,  right now,  loud and proud!   This year the Hogs are gonna take the Tide behind the woodshed and put the strap to 'em without mercy!  Over and over again!!!  WPS!!! Go Hogs Go!!!!
You can't argue with Einswine! 'Bama is going to have a down year and they are coming to our house. We could win that game with last years team!
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

wincrimson

I really don't understand why either team's fans would be talking smack. Alabama vs Arkansas is far from a rivalry. The games are always exciting, but there's no rivalry there.

I admit that the Arkansas game will be a very tough one to win. However, I think we can win it. I think that the Hogs and Tide are going to be the surprise teams of the league this year and I'm giving them both 8 win seasons (not counting the bowls).

WPS and RTR! :)

wincrimson

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on June 20, 2006, 05:11:38 pm

Thanks man!

Here are some shots I took on 6/13.

SwinedMelon

Quote from: wincrimson on June 20, 2006, 10:35:29 pm
I really don't understand why either team's fans would be talking smack. Alabama vs Arkansas is far from a rivalry. The games are always exciting, but there's no rivalry there.

I admit that the Arkansas game will be a very tough one to win. However, I think we can win it. I think that the Hogs and Tide are going to be the surprise teams of the league this year and I'm giving them both 8 win seasons (not counting the bowls).

its our first SEC game of the year and prolly our first win of 2006.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

The Pulse

Quote from: russellclaude on June 20, 2006, 10:43:06 pm

Are you refering to "our" as in bama, because Ark has the vandy game a week before the bama game and the Utah state (Cupcake) game before that one.

rlamb

Whoever Bama fan said this ought to take a step back and look at their record against poor pitiful us over the span we've been in the conference form Krypton.  That's 7-7 against the School that brags the most National Championships! 

Why, if we had been playing them when we had better teams & Coaches in the 60's & parts of the 70's we would have performed even better maybe,  as this span of 14 miserable years is the worst drought in football besides the 40's & early 50's,  that we've ever had.

We'll take Bama and their "Deer in the Headlights" Head Coach this year even with Dale as Head Hog, and it won't even be close.

Calling All Hogs

Looks like a Hog fan went over to a Bama board and started this. Don't stir the bees and then
complain if they try to sting! A Bama fan's opinion is not worth the time it takes to read it.

razorrichard

Bama fans have every right to talk smack. If we had their FB tradition Arkansas fans would talk smack.

Hell we talked smack after the 4-0 start in 03.

RBLtoHOG

In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Brutalis

God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

razorrichard

Quote from: Brutalis on June 21, 2006, 12:55:23 am
their stadium simply owns ours. seems like most of them do.

Bigger but not better. I've been to all but Kentucky, Vandy and the Mississippi schools and no one can come close to RRS.

wincrimson

Huh? Arkansas plays Vandy and Utah State before 9/23.

Landonhog

Quote from: wincrimson on June 21, 2006, 07:35:02 am

Huh? Arkansas plays Vandy and Utah State before 9/23.

Sat, Sep 02   Southern California  Fayetteville, Ark.    7:45 p.m.   ESPN

Sat, Sep 09   Utah State  Fayetteville, Ark.    6 p.m.   
Sat, Sep 16   Vanderbilt*  at Nashville, Tenn.    TBA   
Sat, Sep 23   Alabama*  Fayetteville, Ark.    6 p.m.   
Sat, Oct 07   Auburn*  at Auburn, Ala.    TBA   
Sat, Oct 14   Southeast Missouri State (HC)  Fayetteville, Ark.    1 p.m.   
Sat, Oct 21   Ole Miss*  Fayetteville, Ark.    1 p.m.   
Sat, Oct 28   Louisiana-Monroe  Little Rock, Ark.    TBA   ESPNU
Sat, Nov 04   South Carolina*  at Columbia, S.C.    TBA   
Sat, Nov 11   Tennessee*  Fayetteville, Ark.    1 p.m.   
Sat, Nov 18   Mississippi State*  at Starkville, Miss.    TBA   
Fri, Nov 24   LSU*  Little Rock, Ark.    1:30 p.m.   CBS

rzrbaxfan

QuoteI mean we've beat them how many time in the last few years??

We are 4-4 against them in the past 8 years under Dale.  They have finished less than .500 twice (like us) but have had multiple 10 win seasons and an SEC title (unlike us).  We beat them the 2 losing years, but we all know that up until last year, ol Dale took care of business against lesser opponents.  Hoever, we are 2-4 against Bama when they finish above .500.

QuoteThe last time they had a new QB with three names that came to fayetteville, we gave them their worst loss in their history!

Last time they brought a inexperienced QB to Fayetteville with TWO names, they were Brodie and Croyle..he only went 12 of 24 for 217 yards and we lost 30-12.  To put that in perspective, the last time we had a QB put up those type of numbers in a conference win (a non multiple OT win), Clint was doing it in 98.

QuoteDon't stir the bees and then complain if they try to sting!.

Exactly...go talk smack & they will remind you of these things I've posted.  Lets talk smack after we prove it on the field.

QuoteA Bama fan's opinion is not worth the time it takes to read it

'cept for wincrimson, of course!  ;D

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

You are right about the [lack of a] rivalry.  And you may be right about both being "surprise teams" this year.  But I would hope a surprise team would pull out more than 8 wins in a 12 game season - especially considering our schedule.

LoHog

To me Alabama is the most hated team. A guy I work with went to 'Bama and he constantly reminds me that Bear Bryant was from Arkansas and that JJ Meadors did not make that catch. He has already started with his smack. I sense though, that he realizes this year the T.P. Tide will not be able to stop DMac and what will be a much improved Hog team. GO HOGS!

wincrimson

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 21, 2006, 07:49:46 am

QuoteA Bama fan's opinion is not worth the time it takes to read it

'cept for wincrimson, of course!  ;D

Thanks!!! w00t w00t!

wincrimson

Quote from: LoHog on June 21, 2006, 09:23:57 am
To me Alabama is the most hated team. A guy I work with went to 'Bama and he constantly reminds me that Bear Bryant was from Arkansas and that JJ Meadors did not make that catch. He has already started with his smack. I sense though, that he realizes this year the T.P. Tide will not be able to stop DMac and what will be a much improved Hog team. GO HOGS!

But... he's correct on both counts. :P

chiefsfan

glad to see youre not overlooking Utah State...   And dont forget that Vandy joined the SEC back in the 1940's...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogsNbeer

That is a kickass stadium.....I don't think anybody needs to be startin the trash talking with other SEC teams........ Since they've all beaten us in the last 8 years... :puke:

rzrbaxfan

QuoteThat is a kickass stadium.....I don't think anybody needs to be startin the trash talking with other SEC teams........ Since they've all beaten us in the last 8 years...

All but Miss St have beaten us at HOME!!  Yeah, lets go talk some smack.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 21, 2006, 08:51:22 pm
QuoteThat is a kickass stadium.....I don't think anybody needs to be startin the trash talking with other SEC teams........ Since they've all beaten us in the last 8 years...

All but Miss St have beaten us at HOME!!  Yeah, lets go talk some smack.

Now that's just sickening..

kremlinhog

i hate bama but let me tell you why they dont respect us. i was at the alabama game there last year. we had two minutes left on the clock with the ball around midfield. to the shock in the hog section, we saw nutt and johnson watch the clock run down with no attempt to score, then call time out with a couple of seconds left. we were at about the forty or forty five when we threw a cross pattern about fifteen yards which even if complete was not going to score. he did the same darn at georgia at halftime and richt put it up his ass with a bomb.
show me a football school with two minutes to use at the fifty who refuses to try to score.

gotta earn respect, i disrespect hdn.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: kremlinhog on June 22, 2006, 01:22:10 pm
i hate bama but let me tell you why they dont respect us. i was at the alabama game there last year. we had two minutes left on the clock with the ball around midfield. to the shock in the hog section, we saw nutt and johnson watch the clock run down with no attempt to score, then call time out with a couple of seconds left. we were at about the forty or forty five when we threw a cross pattern about fifteen yards which even if complete was not going to score. he did the same Shiite at georgia at halftime and richt put it up his ass with a bomb.
show me a football school with two minutes to use at the fifty who refuses to try to score.

gotta earn respect, i disrespect hdn.

That's our illustrious coach....... yuck..