Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDN must name Mustain the starter the day he steps on campus....

Started by twistitup, February 02, 2006, 08:59:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LILROCK-N-Nole

MM, Needs to be RS it takes a kid awhile to adjust to the speed of 1A ball.. But more than likely a couple losses hog fans will demand for MM. Hopefully not.. CANT WAIT TO WATCH ,GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR HOG FANS

uofajoe99

Quote from: South_Ark_Pig on February 03, 2006, 05:26:55 am
Quote from: HoopHog on February 02, 2006, 05:40:35 pm
Quote from: pfrg999 on February 02, 2006, 05:38:10 pm
Yes that is True... He is the Real deal... BUT... Casey and Alex  and Chad Dayton along with RJ will Have a Shot at Starting... If they cannot Handle it...Then MM will get the Go...

You are so right.

HDN must do nothing except put the best player out on the field aftger they sling it out in practice.  Oh, by the way...Malzahn will make the decision and Nutt will just have to live with it -- FINALLY!!!

How can GM make the QB decision? hes not the QB coach, that would be coach woods and CD earned the right to start by playing his butt off this year and let MM get settled in, redshirt, learn then take the job next year IF he wins it. you cant give him the job because he is soem folks QB Savior

Gus can make the decision because he is the OC.....He does have full control - HDN overiding anything. I think the starter will be clear and heads won't collide.........

FLKeysGuy

February 03, 2006, 11:01:19 am #52 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 11:05:04 am by FLKeysGuy
I don't know which of the QB's will earn the spot, but if it's MM, I have no doubt he's ready for the SEC.

posted before:  Not my intention to push CD aside.  And I'm certainly not discounting his experience.  However, based on pure God-given talent, the fact that he has run Gus' offense for 5 years, the fact that he already has the timing down with Damian, Andrew, and Ben, it would NOT surprise me one bit to see a confident, poised #16 lead the charge in the fall opener.  If it turns out that he doesn't earn the starting role, that's fine.  I just suspect that by the end of this summer, it's going to be awfully hard to redshirt a guy who may likely be the best QB in the program simply because he'll be 18 and a true freshman.

AND

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,46587.msg512987.html#msg512987

Rider0375

Can you imagine the pressure of being put in as a true freshman with 0 SEC experience against USC.  I hope MM is the man for the job, what a career starter that would be.  But...I hope the correct decision is made who will be best for that job, whomever it might be.

LILROCK-N-Nole

be carefull what you wish for on MM vs USC..Could be rough on the confidence..Especially for kid who is not use to losing !!!

Hogwild07

Dude, he couldn't beat Vandy.
[/quote]

I know Rojo was horrible....I said that.  I think he might have been the worst QB ever to start a game for the Razorbacks.  However, if McFadden and Jones were actually getting the ball we would have won that game.  I know Howard had a good game, but those 2 guys would have made that an easy win.

Hogwild07

Thank God this guy ain't the coach.  "I'l  know in my mind"  What an ***   joke.  In your mind you fantasize and that's it.  CD is a darned good QB.  I still say MM is a system guy and will be lucky to play in the SEC.
[/quote]
CD is not a "darned good QB".  He has not proven that.  All he has proven is that he is average.  Saying Mustain will be lucky to play in the SEC is idiotic.  You should be banned from this board for saying sh*t as stupid as that.  Even IF he was a system QB, that system is now at Arkansas....so it wouldn't matter.  I think you, along with many others on here, are still pissed about Mustain's decommittment.  GET OVER IT.  We're fortunate to have him.  Cherish this b/c it may never happen again.  He is going to be great.

Hoggy Hogalot

instead of calling him Mooo-stain. We will start calling him Wooo-stain after throwing a TD pass.

FLKeysGuy

What's a "TD pass"? ;)    ;D

stuckpig

Quote from: akp4105 on February 02, 2006, 06:01:15 pm
i'll know in my mind Mustain will start..Casey Dick is a guy who got in and handed the ball off most of the time and made a few good passes..not many longer than 20 yds down the field..he's got a pretty good arm..and he'll make a great back up..but the job is Mitch's..Casey Dick didnt start at his high school till his senior year..and Mustain highlights were on ESPN last night...when the season starts, you'll see I'm right..they might let Dick play as well..But Mustain will be our QB after the first game of split time..if that even happens

As a junior Dick played the thrid series of every half with time sprinkled in whenever Allen was up on opponents.  By the playoffs it was apparent that Dick was the better QB than Greg Richardson.  Dick came in and led Allen down the field twice against a favored Klein Forest team before getting injured.  Richardson was came back in and finished the comeback from 21 started by Dick. 
Don't post darn you don't know please.  He was not a typical "backup" quarterback...it was more like a 2 QB rotation.

WILL CLINTON

As long as when we get into the first game, we have the QB situation settled and not playing 1 per qtr. I'll be happy.  I just want the QB that is playing the best with the best shot at winning the game out there on the field.  If that is someone off this board, I'm cool with it. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

wildhogman

for all the QB guru's I have a small question. Lets say Mustain and Dick both have a rough year making all these tranisitions, installing a new offense, learning the ropes in the SEC, you all know the stories. And next year we recruit Mallet and that Clausen kid. Who do we start in 07? and remember all your arguments for starting Mustain come into play here. because next year there will be a new #1 POY QB.
The point I am making is simple. Last year is over, for the hogs, Casey, Mustain, Gus, Woods Nutt and our taxes. What matters now is what we do this year and in the future. Lets just enjoy it, because its a great problem to have.

ballhog™

RoJo was not the worst QB to start for the hogs.  He was better than Wade Hill and I'll even say Pete "Lajun" Burks.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Hugehogsfan

Wow Peter Burks, that is truly old school.  That dude was the "worst" quarterback ever. 

On the Mustain thing, I believe that there will be enormous pressure for HDN to start Mitchell, but I believe that he will spend every waking moment this summer working on being the best quarterback up there and he will be a step ahead of everyone else just because he has been there in the system and DW and Monk will respond to that leadership.

PulledPork

Quote from: Rider0375 on February 03, 2006, 11:44:35 am
Can you imagine the pressure of being put in as a true freshman with 0 SEC experience against USC.  I hope MM is the man for the job, what a career starter that would be.  But...I hope the correct decision is made who will be best for that job, whomever it might be.
Don't forget, their starter won't have too much experience either....

razorhead69

Just imagine MM,DW,FJ,DMCFAD playing together for 3yrs. They grow up in front of our eyes and become great! Play them together now. Just my opinion.

endub

Thank God this guy ain't the coach.  "I'l  know in my mind"  What an ***   joke.  In your mind you fantasize and that's it.  CD is a darned good QB.  I still say MM is a system guy and will be lucky to play in the SEC.
[/quote/]
System guys don't throw perfect 40+ yard passes, like Mitch.  I love Casey and what he did for the moral of the team at the end of last season.  CD is a leader on the field, mixed with good arm strength and field management skills.  But Mitch has the vision and accuracy to keep defenses on their heels and open up DMAC for big runs.
"I jus wanna know where da gold at."

Hogwild07

EXACTLY.  That was perfectly stated.  CD did a great job but yall are gonna have to move past that.  Last year was BAD.  Everyone was dying for some sucess, and when some freshman comes in and jumpstarts things and helps us win 2 games, everyone freaks out.  After watching Rojo, anyone could look like a hero.  There is nothing heroic about 2-2.  He made things a lot better and I'm thankful for that(last season was embarassing for a while).  But MM brings so much more to the table.  Look at what we're getting and be thankful....do not take him from granted.  CD caliber players will come and go every year, but Mitch is one of a kind.  Start this guy....he will bring a passing game that Arkansas has never seen, allowing our RB's to run wild.

Reaganite

I say we consider the possibility of rotating them.  Two gunslingers are better than one.  Opposing defenses, already on their heels and tired from the hurry up/no huddle would be further degraded by having to figure out who's in on the next series.

If Mustain really pulls away from Dick later in the season, a change could be made at that time.  Doing this would allow Mustain to get used to the speed of the SEC without having the full game weight and the mental aspect of starting in the upcomming year.

Hogwild07

It might happen early but that cannot continue.  A 2 QB system is horrible.

hogattack21

Quote from: Hogwild07 on February 02, 2006, 07:22:15 pm
Dick looked pathetic against LSU...almost as bad as Rojo. He did not keep us in the game, our defense did.  He was so bad at passing that game,  McFadden and Washington had to make the big throws down the stretch.  If you think he proved himself against LSU you are sadly mistaken.  However, he is a freshman and I expected that out of him.  Just don't base your argument that he should start on that game. 

What makes you think that Mustain would have done any better? LSU tore Chris Leak up and he is a great Qb, same with Brodie Croyle. Casey Dick done as good as anybody, although I will agree with you that the "D" kept us in the game. Lets just let Dick and Mustain battle to see who is better, and let Alex Wood decide who is ready. Time will tell.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

imahoggie

Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

JusticeHawg

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on February 02, 2006, 09:19:50 am
:razorback:

I just hope we don't get into a QB controversy like Applewhite and Simms a few years back at texass.

:razorback:

Thats why Mustain needs to clearly be better and win the job this spring before it gets out of hand.    I said this about a month ago.  If Mustain redshirts and Dick has a good year......throws for 2700 yards and 20+ Td's and say 6 INT's and we win 8 or more games and go to a bowl....its gonna be hard to justify starting Mustain the next year when he is a redshirt freshman with no playing time and Dick a retruning JR QB with the experiance that he has.   Then you will have the exact same situation that existed in Austin with Applewhite and Simms.   That whole thing cause Texass to far underperform.....cause you had a split team.....half behind Simms and half behind Applewhite.    Texass lost several games they should not have in that time and you could just see that it seemed like they played better when Applewhite came in.  The older players (most of the starters) seemed to turn it up a notch when Applewhite came in.   Anyone remember the Holiday bowl when Applewhite came in for Simms who was not playing worth a crap?   He bailed Simms out and the team as a whole played better.   Those guys that came in with Applewhite several years before Simms just played harder when Applewhite was under center.   I would hope this would not happen at UA.....but lets just hope Mustain wins the job in August and we dont have to worry about it like Texass did.
apprehend that scumbag for impersonating a basketball coach!

Hogwild07

Quote from: hogattack21 on February 04, 2006, 01:07:25 am
Dick looked pathetic against LSU...almost as bad as Rojo. He did not keep us in the game, our defense did.  He was so bad at passing that game,  McFadden and Washington had to make the big throws down the stretch.  If you think he proved himself against LSU you are sadly mistaken.  However, he is a freshman and I expected that out of him.  Just don't base your argument that he should start on that game. 

What makes you think that Mustain would have done any better? LSU tore Chris Leak up and he is a great Qb, same with Brodie Croyle. Casey Dick done as good as anybody, although I will agree with you that the "D" kept us in the game. Lets just let Dick and Mustain battle to see who is better, and let Alex Wood decide who is ready. Time will tell.
I didn't say Mustain could have done any better.  All I was saying is that it is retarded to base your argument for Casey starting on the LSU game.

tulsahog36

What a stupid statment.   You know NOTHING about football.

Hogwild07

Please tell me, since you know absolutely everything about football, what Casey Dick did that was so spectacular.  You have to be blind to not realize that our offense was bad that game and our defense kept us in it.  Before you make yourself look like a complete idiot, think before you speak.

TopHawwgg

I have not looked at the actual numbers but I would bet that Dicks numbers were better than Kyle Wrights numbers were for Miami against LSU in the Peach Bowl.    Now thats not saying much cause I dont remember Miami getting a single 1st down in the second half against them.    But that Flynn kid from LSU looked good.   He was from East texas wasnt he?  Marshal or one of the Tyler schools.   Did we recruit him?   We always seem to recruit good kids from east Texas.     He looked better too me than the Russell kid that gets all the pub for LSU.

twistitup

Casey Dick is a very intelligent athlete that faced TOP NOTCH competition in Texas. He faced players week in and week out, especially defensive backs, that are now playing D1 football. When you look at the level of competition that Mustain faced vesus the comp that Dick faced- I would say CD has seen more athletic competiton and is very much ready to play and succeed in the Malzahn offense.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogwild07

Dick threw 14 TD's and 7 INT's his senior year.  That's not bad but it's nothing special.  If you replaced MM with Casey Dick, Mitch's numbers would still be better.  They might go down some but he would still be better than Dick.

twistitup

Or if you gave CD the Springdale team- throwing against DB's that run 5.0 forties- he might have #'s similar to MM

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild07 on February 05, 2006, 12:00:00 am
Please tell me, since you know absolutely everything about football, what Casey Dick did that was so spectacular.  You have to be blind to not realize that our offense was bad that game and our defense kept us in it.  Before you make yourself look like a complete idiot, think before you speak.

Hmmmm is that the kettle calling the pot black?  Hmm your the one saying HDN needs to start Mustain simply because of how he did in HS football.  There is not one single ounce of proof as to how Mitchell will do in the SEC.  Casey has SHOWN he can handle LSU's defense and be somewhat successful.

Basing the argument of starter based on how he performed in the LSU game is COMPLETELY relevant here. He has shown he can play, and to say Mitchell comes and is GIVEN the starting position over Casey is madness.

He has to EARN it.  Sorry i guess your still calling for Bledsoe to be starting on the Defensive Line simply because of how he was recruited. 

Why stop there, why is Brashers not starting?  He was a parade all american, and i think he has some eligibility left.

Seriously, your arguments lack any common sense and football knowledge, so quit insulting other posters until you for one step back and realize what you are advocating.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild07 on February 05, 2006, 02:04:40 pm
Dick threw 14 TD's and 7 INT's his senior year.  That's not bad but it's nothing special.  If you replaced MM with Casey Dick, Mitch's numbers would still be better.  They might go down some but he would still be better than Dick.

And you know this how?  Did you secretly allow Mitchell to play in a Texas 5A league this year?  I mean you are only providing ASSUMPTION.  You are providing ZERO facts. 

You are fine to have an opinion, but don't bash others because theirs does not match or fall in line with yours.  You are not that important, and to be honest, you opinion will matter about as much as anyone else's on here come Sept 2nd. 

The only ones that will matter are Gus and Alex. 

Quit making baseless claims to counter VALID arguments about how you THINK a player would do better than what a guy ACTUALLY did.

NoMoreNutt

It will be a sad days at Reynolds Razorback Stadium next year when all these people saying Mustain to be the starter will start booing a 19 year old kid in Casey Dick whenever he does something wrong. I will be ashamed to be a Razorback fan the day that happens. If Mustain wins the job then good... I hope he really is the future of football but just because of that doesn't mean that I will boo a 19 year old kid who is trying to do his best. I am a Razorback fan and the best QB should be the QB but if the best QB by the coaches opinion is not who you want do not start booing one of them for that very same thing. I am hoping Dick has a great year and Mustain is able to redshirt but realistically I think Dick starts the USC game, Mustain plays in it and maybe at significant moments. But I look good competition, I just hope our fans don't go angry on one of them.
"Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig!"- Al Swearengen

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on February 05, 2006, 02:48:09 pm
It will be a sad days at Reynolds Razorback Stadium next year when all these people saying Mustain to be the starter will start booing a 19 year old kid in Casey Dick whenever he does something wrong. I will be ashamed to be a Razorback fan the day that happens. If Mustain wins the job then good... I hope he really is the future of football but just because of that doesn't mean that I will boo a 19 year old kid who is trying to do his best. I am a Razorback fan and the best QB should be the QB but if the best QB by the coaches opinion is not who you want do not start booing one of them for that very same thing. I am hoping Dick has a great year and Mustain is able to redshirt but realistically I think Dick starts the USC game, Mustain plays in it and maybe at significant moments. But I look good competition, I just hope our fans don't go angry on one of them.

I honestly never heard players booed last year.  I did hear the play calling booed, it was not because of certain players making mistakes as we cringe when that happens.  But rather we booed when a 3rd and 12 play failed to convert the off tackle delayed draw. 

Dick will not get booed especially with Gus tailoring the offense to take advantage of his strengths which is something we have not seen in a long time if ever here at Arkansas.

akp4105

Quote from: bison23 on February 02, 2006, 09:18:16 pm
Quote from: akp4105 on February 02, 2006, 06:01:15 pm
i'll know in my mind Mustain will start..Casey Dick is a guy who got in and handed the ball off most of the time and made a few good passes..not many longer than 20 yds down the field..he's got a pretty good arm..and he'll make a great back up..but the job is Mitch's..Casey Dick didnt start at his high school till his senior year..and Mustain highlights were on ESPN last night...when the season starts, you'll see I'm right..they might let Dick play as well..But Mustain will be our QB after the first game of split time..if that even happens

haha thank god you have no idea what youre talkin about..your an idiot..seriously

akp4105

Quote from: twistitup on February 05, 2006, 02:14:00 pm
Or if you gave CD the Springdale team- throwing against DB's that run 5.0 forties- he might have #'s similar to MM

this is ridiculous...mitch mustain is a WAY better qb than dick...Mitch played against the best of the best at camps all summer, and then beat 2 national ranked tradition ranked teams very badly..and stormed through the state..its funny how everyone was BEGGING mitch to come here and now your doubting him..i got news...he's way better than dick and he will start next year..

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: akp4105 on February 05, 2006, 03:50:31 pm
Quote from: twistitup on February 05, 2006, 02:14:00 pm

this is ridiculous...mitch mustain is a WAY better qb than dick...Mitch played against the best of the best at camps all summer, and then beat 2 national ranked tradition ranked teams very badly..and stormed through the state..its funny how everyone was BEGGING mitch to come here and now your doubting him..i got news...he's way better than dick and he will start next year..

We are not DOUBTING anything.  Get it straight.  We are saying when you sign on to play for the Hogs, you are not GIVEN a damn thing.  YOU EARN IT.  When Mitchell Earns it, he get the start.  Until then, he is a BACKUP.

Good god, you people confuse the hell out of me.  Why not set the starting lineup now?  I mean why do we even make changes?  I guess from now on we just go with whoever was recruited the most as to who plays.

This boggles my mind that people come out and talk about how BAD Bledsoe was and how he should not have played ANY last year, yet he was one of the higher recruited players, and yet they go off on a tangent when we say Mitchell needs to come in as a backup and prove himself.

bald hog

Maybe someone should start a poll and email the results to Gus and Alex so they'll know who to start. ;D

berryhog

After reading all of these posts, I have one question:  Who will be the person that actually determines who starts at QB ?  This is a legitimate question, not trying to be a wiseguy.  I seem to remember after MM recommitted, in his interview that Coach Wood told him he would be given the opportunity to compete for the job, not handed the job.  Is this who makes the call ?

hoggin das

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that they have to prove themselves in practice and in games. CD looked pretty darn good, for a true freshman. He had far more poise in the pocket than RoJo, and a more accurate arm. Mustain has a better pedigree, but what matters is how they perform on Saturday nights with 80,000 screaming fans. We really have no idea how MM will perform under duress. How much of that did they have at Springdale?  I hope he has the icewater veins of Matt Jones, but we'll have to wait and find out.

Hogwild07

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on February 05, 2006, 02:17:40 pm

Hmmmm is that the kettle calling the pot black?  Hmm your the one saying HDN needs to start Mustain simply because of how he did in HS football.  There is not one single ounce of proof as to how Mitchell will do in the SEC.  Casey has SHOWN he can handle LSU's defense and be somewhat successful.

Basing the argument of starter based on how he performed in the LSU game is COMPLETELY relevant here. He has shown he can play, and to say Mitchell comes and is GIVEN the starting position over Casey is madness.

He has to EARN it.  Sorry i guess your still calling for Bledsoe to be starting on the Defensive Line simply because of how he was recruited. 

Why stop there, why is Brashers not starting?  He was a parade all american, and i think he has some eligibility left.

Seriously, your arguments lack any common sense and football knowledge, so quit insulting other posters until you for one step back and realize what you are advocating.
I never said it should be handed to him.  He has to earn it....I understand that.  I don't think it should be given to him at all. 

Bledsoe?  What the f***.  He was not the Gatorade, Parade, and USA Today POY.  He sucks and hasn't proven anything.  IMO Mitch is better...hands down.  He'll have to prove it but I am just saying what I think.  Sorry if you have a man crush on Dick...I'm not tryin to offend anyone.  There needs to be a new classification of Razorback fans other than Nutt huggers...how about [edited].  Everyone needs to quit holding a grudge against Mitch because he decommitted.  He is a hog.  Be happy.  We may never get another guy like this again.  Let Mitch and Casey battle it out but hope Mitch wins because what this program needs is for Mitch to be the player everyone expects him to be.  If he is, he will win that spot.  Dick is just another decent QB at the UA.  He can manage an offense and lead his team pretty well, but not well enough to elevate this program to elite status.

Porky OLeary

Whoever the starter is, as long as nutt didn't make the decision, I'm good. Nutt is incapable of making decisions about qbs.

Also, what's up with the name Mitchell? Is that what his momma wants him to be called? Good grief it really doesn't sound good. A quarterback is Mitch, not Mitchell. Save that for the resumes' and Mrs. Mustain.

twistitup

nobody is holding a grudge. mm has never played a down in college. earn the job- that all- earn it. nothing is handed to you in the real world- mm is now in the real world. nobody is suking anything- just asking for the new freshman compete and earn the position just like any other newcomer- all american or not.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild07 on February 05, 2006, 04:36:50 pm
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on February 05, 2006, 02:17:40 pm

I never said it should be handed to him.  He has to earn it....I understand that.  I don't think it should be given to him at all. 

Bledsoe?  What the f***.  He was not the Gatorade, Parade, and USA Today POY.  He sucks and hasn't proven anything.  IMO Mitch is better...hands down.  He'll have to prove it but I am just saying what I think.  Sorry if you have a man crush on Dick...I'm not tryin to offend anyone.  There needs to be a new classification of Razorback fans other than Nutt huggers...how about [edited].  Everyone needs to quit holding a grudge against Mitch because he decommitted.  He is a hog.  Be happy.  We may never get another guy like this again.  Let Mitch and Casey battle it out but hope Mitch wins because what this program needs is for Mitch to be the player everyone expects him to be.  If he is, he will win that spot.  Dick is just another decent QB at the UA.  He can manage an offense and lead his team pretty well, but not well enough to elevate this program to elite status.

First off i already warned you about the Dick s**kers comments.  I do not have a man crush on Dick either and no one in this thread is saying Dick is better than Mustain, so seriously, read more and quit spouting off without knowing what the heck you are talking about.

To address the first line in your post, sorry buddy but thats exactly what you have been saying, give Mustain the start, screw who is better in Spring Ball.  Screw what Gus and Alex say, you have been on a tangent for about a week saying Mitch starts in the fall, end of story.  You have said NOTHING to the fact that he has to earn it.  You said because he was the Gatoraid player of the year, he starts. 

Get off your high horse and start making logical posts and i think you will find the reception here changes a bit.  Continue making the assinine posts like you have, and you will continue to get berated. 

You continue to say Dick is not a great QB, and is no where near as good as Mitchell is in the SEC, yet you continue to lack ANY proof of this due to the fact that Mitchell still has not even practiced once with the team. 

How about you sit back and read a little and let the people who know what they are talking about, discuss this without your little 12 year old "man crush" and "dick s**ker" comments.  Preciate it.

Hogwild07

You are the one that does not know you're talking about.  Mustain should not be handed the starting spot...but neither should Dick!!  Dick has to freakin earn it.  I don't think he did last year.  Prove it in the fall when you're going against Mitch.  So why don't you use some logic and give each guy a fair shot.  Quit with bias opininions because you think Dick was some hero last year.  It will be apparent who the best guy is in the fall, and I trust the coaches will make the right decision.  If Dick proves he is better, that's great.  But he's going to have to prove it first.

twistitup

thanks for coming around hogwild- I knew you would get it. Competition is a very necessary thing- Mustain must earn the starting postition.

One thing though, CD is the starting QB as of 2/5/06

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on February 05, 2006, 04:59:20 pm
thanks for coming around hogwild- I knew you would get it. Competition is a very necessary thing- Mustain must earn the starting postition.

One thing though, CD is the starting QB as of 2/5/06

Exactly.  Thank you very much.  Its not that hard of a subject, however some people are having a few problems with it. 

Dick is the starter (due to being named it last year) until someone shows they are better.  Its that simple. 

FLKeysGuy

MM will earn the spot from CD.  Call it an "educated guess."

akp4105

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on February 05, 2006, 05:32:57 pm
MM will earn the spot from CD.  Call it an "educated guess."

thank you...that is exactly right FLKeysGuy, and you can argue all you want..and call Dick the starter for a few more months..but when it comes time to play..I'm sure Wood and Malzahn will pick the better QB for the job..and it'll be Mustain..Dick was the starter under the old staff..the new staff is in town now and I'm sure they dont have a starter yet..the best qb on campus right now is Dick, thats a given...But in a few months it will be VERY CLEAR who the best QB on campus is...Mustain, and he will EARN it..

twistitup