Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cornelius' rehab going well and seems happy with the change......

Started by hoglady, March 04, 2018, 08:53:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/mar/04/cornelius-why-not-us-now-20180304/

"The thing was, I was thinking about transferring to SMU after the season, which is kind of funny," Cornelius said with a laugh during a recent interview. "I just wanted to be in an offense where the playmakers were going to make plays. It's as simple as that."

"Right now it's just stamina," he said. "My tendon isn't used to going hard for long periods of time. That's just something that's going to come over time. When I say we're close to the 100 percent mark, we're close."

"My last year, a lot of these seniors' last year, why wait? We want to be a championship team right now. And that's kind of been the goal, the focus of this offseason. Why not us? Why not us right now?"
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Boarcephus

Quote from: hoglady on March 04, 2018, 08:53:48 am
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/mar/04/cornelius-why-not-us-now-20180304/

"The thing was, I was thinking about transferring to SMU after the season, which is kind of funny," Cornelius said with a laugh during a recent interview. "I just wanted to be in an offense where the playmakers were going to make plays. It's as simple as that."

This statement says quite a lot.  I think it'll be fun to watch our qb throw to wide open receivers for a change because we out schemed some teams instead of having it done to us. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorkRinds

Wow. That was a pretty harsh critique of the acne era from one of our best players.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Interesting statement for sure, not sure I fully understand it.  He was hurt last year and the year prior we threw it all over the yard.  Im glad he is coming along though, we need him.

hoglady

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 04, 2018, 09:28:51 am
Interesting statement for sure, not sure I fully understand it.  He was hurt last year and the year prior we threw it all over the yard.  Im glad he is coming along though, we need him.

I understand the statement in the context of getting the ball to the playmakers. We did a pretty poor job of that last season.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: hoglady on March 04, 2018, 09:32:16 am
I understand the statement in the context of getting the ball to the playmakers. We did a pretty poor job of that last season.
Ya but he was hurt, he was one of the ones we were counting on getting the ball to.  The previous year he was probably the third option so maybe he thought he should have got more grabs.  Just thinking out loud.

hoglady

Just good to see his rehab is going well, he's happy with the coaching change and he's taking a leadership role with the young wide receivers.

rude1

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 04, 2018, 09:28:51 am
We threw it but we certainly didn't do a very good job of throwing the ball to players in space to make plays. Plus with tempo, there's going to be a lot more plays run which equals more opportunities for play makers to make plays in space.

ricepig

Quote from: rude1 on March 04, 2018, 12:07:55 pm
We threw it but we certainly didn't do a very good job of throwing the ball to players in space to make plays. Plus with tempo, there's going to be a lot more plays run which equals more opportunities for play makers to make plays in space.

Didn't Cornelius get hurt on a bubble screen or a quick throw in space to him?

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2018, 12:24:08 pm
Didn't Cornelius get hurt on a bubble screen or a quick throw in space to him?

He got hurt pushing off the LOS.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 12:27:14 pm

Ok, I knew he wasn't full out running, I couldn't remember exactly how it happened.

jkstock04

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 12:27:14 pm
Snapped his achillies tendon in half if I remember correctly. The fact that he was looking to transfer out and why says volumes about what at least one player thought of the last coaching regime.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 04, 2018, 02:37:27 pm
Snapped his achillies tendon in half if I remember correctly. The fact that he was looking to transfer out and why says volumes about what at least one player thought of the last coaching regime.

Says more about he didn't know who would be hired.

"Ten weeks after tearing his Achilles tendon, Arkansas Razorbacks senior receiver Jared Cornelius was contemplating his football future.

Bret Bielema had been fired along with most of his staff at the end of a 4-8 season, and Cornelius wasn't sure whether he would remain at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.

Then the Razorbacks hired offensive whiz Chad Morris away from SMU."

DeltaBoy

Good move by him and Prayers sent for a quick recovery.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

booogaga

It is amazing that he is able to come back at full speed after that type of injury. He heals fast though. Remember when he had that broken arm. Came back the same season if I recall. The big hurdle for him is to trust his body after that type of injury. And hopefully he can regain his speed.
GO HOGS!

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: booogaga on March 05, 2018, 09:29:39 am
It is amazing that he is able to come back at full speed after that type of injury. He heals fast though. Remember when he had that broken arm. Came back the same season if I recall. The big hurdle for him is to trust his body after that type of injury. And hopefully he can regain his speed.
Wasnt it like 5 weeks after he broke his arm there was video of him catching in practice? I think he came back a few weeks after that but it was crazy to see how fast he got back out after the break.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sooiebaby

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on March 05, 2018, 01:00:59 pm
Wasnt it like 5 weeks after he broke his arm there was video of him catching in practice? I think he came back a few weeks after that but it was crazy to see how fast he got back out after the break.

Yes. When he snapped his arm against Texas Tech, at the time i thought he was probably the toughest SOB I'd seen in a while. The way he just popped up after the tackle, glanced down and noticed his arm looked like a spaghetti noodle, and then just calmly ran off the field to the sideline was insane. 9/10 players would have laid there screaming until the training staff arrived. Not that guy. Beast.
The problem with todays society is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 04, 2018, 09:16:25 am
This statement says quite a lot.  I think it'll be fun to watch our qb throw to wide open receivers for a change because we out schemed some teams instead of having it done to us.

Pitrino would say feed the studs meaning I think to get the ball to your play makers in space and let them work. I hope we have enough of those studs.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

clew

And by playmakers, he wasn't necessarily talking about tight ends.
Pure as the dawn

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 22, 2018, 09:18:55 am
Yep, took a half step and fell.

Injuries like that can happen when unconditioned obese people try to play sports.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

pigture perfect

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on March 23, 2018, 01:47:38 am
Injuries like that can happen when unconditioned obese people try to play sports.
Ive seen J Cornelius, he ain't anywhere near obese.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

nchogg

Quote from: clew on March 22, 2018, 10:18:05 am
And by playmakers, he wasn't necessarily talking about tight ends.
Our wide receivers could not run their routs last year and stay on track. It always took our WR Coach 2 years to get a WR running good routes. I had noticed that in year 2 then again in year 5 and a good coach will have them running good routes before the first game.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 23, 2018, 02:07:50 am
Ive seen J Cornelius, he ain't anywhere near obese.

When you add over 25% of your body weight in bad weight you're getting pretty close to the obese BMI level.

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

bennyl08

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on March 23, 2018, 08:35:36 pm
When you add over 25% of your body weight in bad weight you're getting pretty close to the obese BMI level.

Well, for anybody who is athletic, the BMI is a terrible indicator. Cornelius at 5'11 is "pretty close" to obese even if he weighed as little as 180 pounds. BMI doesn't care if it's good weight or bad weight.

Even at 212, Cornelius didn't have a shred of excess of body fat on him. He's dropped all of 5 pounds, probably of upper body mass that will make him weaker against press coverage but allow for less fatigue and perhaps a thousandth of a second faster.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

greenEGnHAWGS

I know it's not what he meant, but I also found it humorous when he said "...when we say we're close...we're close..."

I've heard that in the past certain people have said "we're close" when we might not have been...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 04, 2018, 09:21:02 am
Wow. That was a pretty harsh critique of the acne era from one of our best players.

Acne era? You literally cried when we got rid of Bert. After the mizzou game we used some proactive, and proactively fired his butt, and you melted.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

vs.

I'd say that's a lot of bad weight that Bielema and Herbert put on him.  The SEC is full of squads that are "mobbed up" while Arkansas became moobed up.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on March 24, 2018, 10:17:47 am

vs.

I'd say that's a lot of bad weight that Bielema and Herbert put on him.  The SEC is full of squads that are "mobbed up" while Arkansas became moobed up.
Hell, 5lbs. of it is in his face from those pictures.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

HoopS

I wouldn't assume he was saying he needed more touches as much as stating what so many stated here when we all wondered why the heck we couldn't get Hammond more touches, just as one example.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on March 24, 2018, 10:17:47 am

vs.

I'd say that most folks aren't truly familiar with what can be termed as "good weight" and "bad weight" by position.
Go Hogs Go!

IronMountainHog

Against TCU he had 1 catch for 2 yards and 2 drops. When you have as many drops as you have yards, you might want to look in the mirror yourself. Hope he has a great senior year, but take catching the ball as serious as you take running the DJ booth.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 24, 2018, 11:07:18 pm
Against TCU he had 1 catch for 2 yards and 2 drops. When you have as many drops as you have yards, you might want to look in the mirror yourself. Hope he has a great senior year, but take catching the ball as serious as you take running the DJ booth.

Hopefully we have enough depth at WR that drops will translate to more bench time.  I hope our guys recognize that.

PorkRinds

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 24, 2018, 11:07:18 pm

Pointless personal shot at a good Razorback.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 25, 2018, 10:30:17 am
[/quote
Quote from: PorkRinds on March 25, 2018, 10:30:17 am
"I just wanted to be in an offense where the playmakers were going to make plays. It's as simple as that." I didn't say that, HE did. In that TCU game, on the very first play he dropped the ball. He dropped another one after that. Just pointing out he had chances to be a playmaker then and he didn't.