Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Hog Logo Disapeared Last Night — Who's Responsible?!

Started by Hoggish1, October 22, 2017, 08:12:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 08:26:52 am
Did you not read my post?  It's a serious question.  Were you not offended that the Hog logo was unrecognizable?  Who is responsible for such an affront?
After the game someone told me that it was not a hog but a possum. I couldn't really tell from my view.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 22, 2017, 11:49:30 am
Has anyone complaining about uniforms taken the time to ask yourself if the men wearing them love them, who are we to complain?  I understand tradition and traditionalist but I also think you are a dying breed.  Young people like bling and to them, that uniform is bling.  So whining about a uniform is a meaningless proposition. 

It was about the logo on the helmet.  Wow.

When we played Bama three years ago to honor the 64 team our uniform blew Bama away—but we wore it as a monument to the 64 team. 

Now about bling, why don't the kids tell Bama to sharpen up their un-bliny thingies?

Let me know when you figure out that it's not what the kids want but what the adults want...

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hoggish1

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 22, 2017, 12:12:50 pm

No.  Those aren't our colors anymore.

We signed over the rights to our colors to Nike when we signed with them.  They tell us what our colors are and what uniforms we have to wear. 

Jeffy did it.  Just like when he killed Slobberin Hog.

Then Jeffey is a jerk.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 22, 2017, 12:33:08 pm
After the game someone told me that it was not a hog but a possum. I couldn't really tell from my view.

Well, that was funny.  +1

FineAsSwine

trippigs

The hogs didn't wear our school colors last night. They didn't play like our hogs either. It was like watching someone else's team.

HardCore

Has anyone complaining about uniforms taken the time to ask yourself if the men wearing them love them, who are we to complain?  I understand tradition and traditionalist but I also think you are a dying breed.  Young people like bling and to them, that uniform is bling.  So whining about a uniform is a meaningless proposition. 

Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU are Nike.....they don't do that crap.  They understand that tradition is one of the (if not the) primary components of College Football.  Tradition sets college football apart from the NFL. Tradition is why we all have a personal connection to our college team.....I love the Chiefs, but I don't have that personal connection to the franchise like I do U of A.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Hoggish1

Quote from: HardCore on October 22, 2017, 04:33:06 pm
Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU are Nike.....they don't do that crap.  They understand that tradition is one of the (if not the) primary components of College Football.  Tradition sets college football apart from the NFL. Tradition is why we all have a personal connection to our college team.....I love the Chiefs, but I don't have that personal connection to the franchise like I do U of A.

Another true post.  Anybody want to refute  ^.  All you all can do is say it doesn't matter because the product sucked and it was maybe it was good nobody it was us.

The point is, we don't know who we are anymore starting with the color, the uniform and the HELMET! 

A towering oak tree started as a nut.  You put the program together one step at a time.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 06:14:53 pm
Another true post.  Anybody want to refute  ^.  All you all can do is say it doesn't matter because the product sucked and it was maybe it was good nobody it was us.

The point is, we don't know who we are anymore starting with the color, the uniform and the HELMET! 

A towering oak tree started as a nut.  You put the program together one step at a time.

So, we wait for the nut to grow into the towering oak then cut it down to make our oak stairs? Seems like a timely endeavor.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 06:14:53 pm

Ive seen OU and Texas and LSU in throwback and alternative uniforms. Baka no, USC no, and Penn State no.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 22, 2017, 06:21:27 pm
So, we wait for the nut to grow into the towering oak then cut it down to make our oak stairs? Seems like a timely endeavor.

You missed the point completely.  Predictable.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hobhog on October 22, 2017, 09:24:17 am
I swear I heard a good loud crowd moan when they came out with those black uniforms. And the two Orange Bowl 78 honorees I spoke to about it just shook their heads.

Cardinal and White.

Yeah, but "you know how those hip kids these days LOOOOVE funky uniforms." One of the most ridiculous reoccurring Hogville arguments ever.

I will say, given how badly we got our ass kicked last night, I didn't mind us NOT looking like Razorbacks.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hoggish1

Quote from: IronMountainHog on October 22, 2017, 06:21:32 pm
Ive seen OU and Texas and LSU in throwback and alternative uniforms. Baka no, USC no, and Penn State no.

Throw back and alternative are two different things.

We honored the 64 team in 2014 with a "throw back" uniform.  For me the 64 uniforms were excellent.  Throw back is usually used to describe a period in history that was really old.  There was nothing old about our 64 uniforms.  They were, and still are, classic.

Bama's uniforms are classic and they still have them.  Nike will not mess with them.  We don't have a spine.

Meatman

To answer your question about who is responsible; I have no idea.
But while we are being cute with the uniforms and the logo and while we are obliterating tradition, and while we are playing all our home games in Fayetteville, and while we are pretty much just mucking up the whole U of A football program, while we are doing all that, why not just go ahead and change the color of the field too. Let's paint it hunter's orange color with black strips and black numbers, pink hash marks for diversity. Kind of an inverted Boise State knockoff. You know, just to show some respect for deer season and women's rights too. I mean if we are going to muck it up, let's go all the way and muck it up real good. No need to be half-hearted about it. The nation could use an even bigger laugh than we have already given them. Laughter is good. Let's go all out and make them pee their pants with laughter.
btw-can you imagine how good that those die-hard fans must have felt driving all the way back to Crossett or El Dorado from Saturday's nightmare of a game in Fayetteville? It isn't very safe driving all that ways when you are so mad that you can't see straight.
Has anybody mentioned the word sabotage? Just curious.
Just who, if anybody, is in charge up there anyway? That's who we should ask about the logo no go. :-(   

RedRock

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 10:20:01 am
No it isn't.  you are right.  My issue is allowing Nike to call the shots without knowing what the result will be.  Bama is a Nike school but I don't see them allowing Nike to go wild with their brand.
Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2017, 10:17:17 am
I started this and it wasn't about the uniform.  It was about the Hog logo on the helmet.  Try to pay attention.
Quote from: hobhog on October 22, 2017, 10:24:47 am
See what happens when you where a clown suit to work tomorrow.
If I'm making money, nobody cares. 

HoggieStyle

Sow Lancelot

Well, they haven't seemed to help our recruiting over the years (which has been the main apology for them, since recruits love them), nor do I see them being worn around town much. So, the bling doesn't seem to hold much sway.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.