Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To the Fire Jeff Long crowd

Started by theFlyingHog, October 22, 2017, 06:33:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

I will join you if CBB is retained after this disaster of a season. But for now you all look very ignorant. Long is doing a very good job and doing it the right way. He will not make Arkansas a place where coaches are afraid to come. You're right, the BB hire has turned out to disastrous but it WAS a good hire at the time. Long hasn't fired BB yet because he wants to be able to hire a respectable coach and that won't happen if everyone knows they won't be given a fair shake here. We may be getting laughed at but the only reason is wins and losses, not motorcycle wrecks with volleyball players and not because we fire coaches every three games. LONG WILL GET RID OF CBB, I promise.

I know some Long haters are just ignorant rednecks who think he is a carpetbagger; the rest of us will just continue to laugh at you.

HoggyCat

So things such as rape, voyeurism and coaches telling players they're lucky he didn't punch them out of the gym don't bother you (all the while, preaching honor and integrity) but wins and losses do?   You're as two faced as Long.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

And since he's doing such a wonderful job, tell me where..... what's he doing that's worthy of all this praise.

The real Hogules

October 22, 2017, 07:40:18 am #3 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:41:13 am by The real Hogules
You do realize who made this great hire, don't you? He also hired Jimmy Dykes. Fund raising and slapping rich, potential donors on the back is just a part of the A.D.'s duties. And if Jeff Longs' vision for the UofA is to be closer to Vanderbilt than Bama, then we either have the wrong A.D., we're in the wrong conference, or I've been supporting the wrong program for decades!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 22, 2017, 07:37:23 am
So things such as rape, voyeurism and coaches telling players they're lucky he didn't punch them out of the gym don't bother you (all the while, preaching honor and integrity) but wins and losses do?   You're as two faced as Long.

Were any charges filed, any court cases? I don't remember any, but I could easily be wrong.

MissippHog

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 22, 2017, 07:40:18 am
You do realize who made this great hire, don't you? He also hired Jimmy Dykes. Fund raising and slapping rich, potential donors on the back is just a part of the A.D.'s duties. And if Jeff Longs' vision for the UofA is be closer to Vanderbilt than Bama, then we either have the wrong A.D., we're in the wrong conference, or I've been supporting the wrong program for decades!
This.  This is why people think the way they think about our fan base.

harrisburghog

Lets see, first you say you'll join the Long haters who want him fired if BB is retained after the season then you go on to say what a great job he's doing, you seem confused. Do you want Long fired or BB fired, which is it?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 22, 2017, 06:33:55 am
I will join you if CBB is retained after this disaster of a season. But for now you all look very ignorant. Long is doing a very good job and doing it the right way. He will not make Arkansas a place where coaches are afraid to come. You're right, the BB hire has turned out to disastrous but it WAS a good hire at the time. Long hasn't fired BB yet because he wants to be able to hire a respectable coach and that won't happen if everyone knows they won't be given a fair shake here. We may be getting laughed at but the only reason is wins and losses, not motorcycle wrecks with volleyball players and not because we fire coaches every three games. LONG WILL GET RID OF CBB, I promise.
I know some Long haters are just ignorant rednecks who think he is a carpetbagger; the rest of us will just continue to laugh at you.

I puked in my mouth after reading your silly argument.......what a joke...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

EastexHawg

The idea that a hire that five years later has resulted in a 10-26 conference record and turning a program that was six years ago a contender to play for the national championship a "good" one is preposterous.  The only people who really look silly are the ones trying to push that revisionist history.

Long is a football moron.  Like Bielema, he lacks comprehension of what it takes for Arkansas to win in the SEC.  He thought John L. Smith could succeed coaching a preseason top ten team, and he thought the Big Ten coach known as the number one ground and pound proponent in America was going to field a bunch of fat guys and run over the SEC with Arkansas talent. 

Long has no clue.  If he picked a coach who ended up being successful it would be a case of nothing but pure luck.  His hires have resulted in the total destruction of Arkansas football.  Why in the world would anyone want to see him make another one? 

Clean house and start over.  We can find another geeky bean counter to stack up SEC money, and he couldn't possibly do a worse job of putting together a competitive football program.

Rzback

Long is the one responsible for this mess. He should be fired too.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

sigpooie

I did not want to answer this post cause I think a 10 year old started it. But I hope getting rid of long will also get rid of the lower IQ fans too.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Arthur pigby sellers.

Long has made some mistakes but he's also made some good hires as well.  The correct move by him is to continue to watch this disaster of a season unfold, do careful extensive research on a new coach and fire CBB near or at the end of the season. I'm pretty sure this is how things will go down.  If CBB is kept for next year then I agree both he and Long will need to go in 2018. 

ricepig

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on October 22, 2017, 08:02:43 am
Long has made some mistakes but he's also made some good hires as well.  The correct move by him is to continue to watch this disaster of a season unfold, do careful extensive research on a new coach and fire CBB near or at the end of the season. I'm pretty sure this is how things will go down.  If CBB is kept for next year then I agree both he and Long will need to go in 2018. 

I would assume that would be after another poor year?

solitons

Long is doing a very good job and doing it the right way.

ONLY If you mean hire a coach still losing games in year 5 id the RIGHT way.

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 07:40:46 am
Were any charges filed, any court cases? I don't remember any, but I could easily be wrong.

Does that matter?? The rape was known across campus. Players were bragging about getting away with it. The golfers admitted to what they did. The volleyball coach resigned. Players complained to the athletic department about his tactics. Parents wrote a letter. More players complained. One even transferred. But Mr. Honor & Integrity did nothing.

And FYI, DGB had no charges filed, but Mizzou did the right thing and kicked him out.

Glenn Bryant later transferred to eastern Michigan and then choked his girlfriend.

It's sickening how you people turn a blind eye.

Kevin

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 22, 2017, 08:43:50 am
Does that matter?? The rape was known across campus. Players were bragging about getting away with it. The golfers admitted to what they did. The volleyball coach resigned. Players complained to the athletic department about his tactics. Parents wrote a letter. More players complained. One even transferred. But Mr. Honor & Integrity did nothing.

And FYI, DGB had no charges filed, but Mizzou did the right thing and kicked him out.

Glenn Bryant later transferred to eastern Michigan and then choked his girlfriend.

go man go
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Idahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

ur

From Grobe to Bielema, his choices have been a disaster. He doesn't need to choose again.

Hogwild

Quote from: Rzback on October 22, 2017, 07:55:51 am
Long is the one responsible for this mess. He should be fired too.

I have no confidence in Long make the right decision and firing CBB.  However if he does pull the trigger I have no confidence that he will make a good hire.

swinestein

While he was making his speech firing BP I sat there realizing this little John White hire is raking CBP over the coals but these things did not happen in a vacuum. Where were you JL while things were going on? You are just as if not more guilty because you either had no clue about what was/is going on below you or you are too much of a wimp to do anything about it until your hand is forced. If you fire CBP then resign immediately afterwards yourself!! He lost my respect that day. I didn't admire him like the doting press and others I don't really want to insult. Now he has talked like rather than admit his mistake and do something about it, he seems to be choosing to not admit the real problems and ride the program right into the dirt all the while hoping for a miracle. The administration or trustees need to quietly call him in and make sure of his intentions. If JL chooses to ride it out, then clean house!!!!

The real Hogules

Quote from: MissippHog on October 22, 2017, 07:45:49 am

This.  This is why people think the way they think about our fan base.

And dip $#!t$ like you are probably the reason that we had Houston Nutt here for a decade, before he was finally shown the door. If expecting to win in year 5 of a coaches tenure is asking too much, then so be it!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

Quote from: ur on October 22, 2017, 09:04:15 am
From Grobe to Bielema, his choices have been a disaster. He doesn't need to choose again.

Ur going to be disappointed.

hawgbawb

I agree withe the OP.  Most CFB hires don't work out for more than about 4 years.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 22, 2017, 08:43:50 am

Blind eye? We're you demanding his firing after these occurrences???

98hogs

What a Holier than thou pompous attitude! Some folks has a passion for winning and but you sir are so above the little people.  Good for you!

ur

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 09:48:09 am
I know. Don't have the vote count, yet. I'm just venting.

damgoodestuffyhog

It's obvious Bret  is going to be fired at the end of the year, the AD needs to drop a hint that we aren't satisfied. That's a normal occurrence. It sends a message that we expect success every game every season  EVEN IF YOU ARE ONLY THE COACH FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.

Sure a pound of flesh isn't warranted from a good guy like BB, but certainly a few ounces are.

What a lot of people on here don't understand is that if Jeff did this, it would actually make things easier on Bret overall because the fans could start moving towards closure.

ricepig

Quote from: ur on October 22, 2017, 09:55:05 am
I know. Don't have the vote count, yet. I'm just venting.

Who knows, someone may fall into his lap again, or get pushed there. He won't have carte blanche this time, so maybe we get lucky. Truthfully, we need the Jimmies and Joes, hopefully a new coach can get some.

Pork Twain

The fire Jeff Long crowd is nuts
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 09:51:37 am
Blind eye? We're you demanding his firing after these occurrences???

Yes.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 22, 2017, 10:01:30 am

Yet none of you Jeffi lovers can give just one legitimate reason he should stay.

One positive thing jars 100% him.

Just one.

ur

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 22, 2017, 10:01:30 am
We deliver babies, repair hearts, restore teeth. Yeah, we are nuts.

BannerMountainMan

The only good hire he has made is Mike Anderson because everybody knows he should've came back anyways after the natty in 94
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

theFlyingHog

What I'm saying is, give Long the chance to fire BB. Stop clamoring for him to be fired mid-season because that does not help us in any way.

I know I'm bashing my head against the wall because half of y'all are trolls, half think Long is a Yankee here to screw us over(morons) and half of y'all are ignorant

Tusks

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 22, 2017, 07:48:41 am
The idea that a hire that five years later has resulted in a 10-26 conference record and turning a program that was six years ago a contender to play for the national championship a "good" one is preposterous.  The only people who really look silly are the ones trying to push that revisionist history.

Long is a football moron.  Like Bielema, he lacks comprehension of what it takes for Arkansas to win in the SEC.  He thought John L. Smith could succeed coaching a preseason top ten team, and he thought the Big Ten coach known as the number one ground and pound proponent in America was going to field a bunch of fat guys and run over the SEC with Arkansas talent. 

Long has no clue.  If he picked a coach who ended up being successful it would be a case of nothing but pure luck.  His hires have resulted in the total destruction of Arkansas football.  Why in the world would anyone want to see him make another one? 

Clean house and start over.  We can find another geeky bean counter to stack up SEC money, and he couldn't possibly do a worse job of putting together a competitive football program.

Ding, [CENSORED] ding ding ding.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tusks

I have been called a LOT of things in life.  First time I've ever been called 'redneck'.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

3kgthog

Coaches everywhere would love to have a place like Arkansas where its AD doesn't care about winning and you automatically get at least five years to collect millions.

Get out of here with that "Jeff isn't going to muddy the waters" bull crap. Bret's been given a gold star after nap time and a cookie during story time. He's had it a lot easier than Holtz, Hatfield, Nutt, Crowe, BP, and Ford. Some were fired after winning and some were fired for putting a turd on the field. Bret...well he's setting loss records none of those guys approached and somehow he's still here and making more money than all those guys were.

ur

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 22, 2017, 07:48:41 am

+1000

jkstock04

Hilarious notions.

When both Long and Bielema are still here next year and we continue to get academic progress reports from the foundation I look forward to you joining the rest of us rednecks wishing him gone.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

damgoodestuffyhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 22, 2017, 10:53:46 am
Hilarious notions.

When both Long and Bielema are still here next year and we continue to get academic progress reports from the foundation I look forward to you joining the rest of us rednecks wishing him gone.

These conversations are why Long needs to step up and provide some clarity. It is embarrassingly past time. Coaches finish out the regular season with a death sentence it happens all the freaking time. Such a childish way to handle this.

Hogwild

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 09:48:09 am

I think you are correct, Long stays picks the next coach and we are all disappointed again.

Iwastherein1969

Laugh your ass off all the way to building the greatest facilities in all of college football. The University of Arkansas Sports Complex, "The TAJ MAHAL" of collegiate sports. Yet they can't win a simple conference game. Speaking of being laughed at, the whole P-5 group of colleges would consider us a joke. All Jeff Long does is go to Destin, FL each Spring and pick up that 40, 50, 60 million dollar check from the SEC and stack it in his vault. He's not this great fund raiser he's painted out to be. The one hire he made that was a very good hire, he turned right around and fired the man at the peak of his powers.

As far as Bret Bielema, he is a nice guy who shot off his mouth upon being hired by an SEC school. And now he's paying for it. Even what was supposedly Bret's specialty , recruiting and building stellar offensive lines have gone to hell in a hand basket. If you want to latch your wagon to these two shooting stars, you go right ahead, but the landing back when you and your heroes fall back to Earth is not going to be an easy one.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jgphillips3

If he retains CBB, he needs to be fired.  The absolute best this team can hope for is 6-6.  That is a hard cap ceiling.  No way we beat LSU and we will finish 6-7 if we draw any decent team in a bowl.  I see no realistic way we finish better than 5-7.  If (really more of a when) we have a losing record and he keeps CBB, he has to go too.

Tortfeasor

Just for the record, I'm ready for Long to go, however, I love the ignorance when people bitch about who he's hired and point to CBB and Dykes and then start a thread about wanting CBP back. Classic HV.

Hawgzinbowlz

what a foolish and assuming pile of nonsense. Rotting garbage. "GO HOGS"

Redhogs

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 22, 2017, 10:59:17 am
Laugh your ass off all the way to building the greatest facilities in all of college football. The University of Arkansas Sports Complex, "The TAJ MAHAL" of collegiate sports. Yet they can't win a simple conference game. Speaking of being laughed at, the whole P-5 group of colleges would consider us a joke. All Jeff Long does is go to Destin, FL each Spring and pick up that 40, 50, 60 million dollar check from the SEC and stack it in his vault. He's not this great fund raiser he's painted out to be. The one hire he made that was a very good hire, he turned right around and fired the man at the peak of his powers.

As far as Bret Bielema, he is a nice guy who shot off his mouth upon being hired by an SEC school. And now he's paying for it. Even what was supposedly Bret's specialty , recruiting and building stellar offensive lines have gone to hell in a hand basket. If you want to latch your wagon to these two shooting stars, you go right ahead, but the landing back when you and your heroes fall back to Earth is not going to be an easy one.
That's it in a nutshell.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 22, 2017, 11:02:34 am
If he retains CBB, he needs to be fired.  The absolute best this team can hope for is 6-6.  That is a hard cap ceiling.  No way we beat LSU and we will finish 6-7 if we draw any decent team in a bowl.  I see no realistic way we finish better than 5-7.  If (really more of a when) we have a losing record and he keeps CBB, he has to go too.
Shooting for the stars at 6-6...has it really gotten this damn bad? Apparently...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 22, 2017, 10:53:46 am
Hilarious notions.

Ban bet on BB being let go at the end of the season? If he's still our coach next season, I leave for a year. If he's fired, you're gone for a year. Deal?

EastexHawg

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 22, 2017, 11:25:06 am
Ban bet on BB being let go at the end of the season? If he's still our coach next season, I leave for a year. If he's fired, you're gone for a year. Deal?

So Long proves he is a great AD by firing the $4 million per year coach he hired, and giving him several million more as a parting gift?  That's it?  That makes 12-32 in SEC games since the start of the 2012 season... after we went 12-4 the previous two seasons...alright?

Jeff gets to keep making his millions because he fires a terrible coach now that the life has been choked out of the program by his last two hires?  Meanwhile the fans who have lived through this abomination are expected to say, "Yes, sir, may I have another"? 

Isn't that convenient for ol' Jeff.  He gets to hold Bielema accountable for his failure.  One question, though.  Who holds Jeff accountable?

The members of the board aren't as naive as a lot of people.  They know that mere membership in the SEC produces the dollars that allow Arkansas to make money on athletics.  Frank Broyles made the decision that put us in this position.  Long has merely ridden his coattails from a financial perspective while destroying the bell cow program on the field.

JOKERHOG

BB was not a good hire at the time.  I had a conipition fit at the time and pretty much ever since.  Horrible fit here and it was blatantly obvious.  Long's job is to hire the right coach that can be successful here and not the biggest name that wrote him a letter. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU